PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions welcome.......

altoncustomtech
07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay guys, I'm sitting on about $1000 dollars of subs here and can't make up my ****ed mind on the enclosures. I recently bought a 2001 Jimmy and along with the 12 Q's for the van ordered a pair of 10" SSD's for the Jimmy.

Now the Jimmy I'm pretty confident will be best built subs up port back. However, the Van is where I'm failinig to decide on a design. I'd like to keep the enclosure's seperate so they're still removable when we need to use it. After talking to Nick at Fi I decided to go with 2.1cuft per sub tuned to 32hz (pre-displacements), for as much SQ as SPL in this setup. I'm not sure whether to make them sub up port back, or both back, or both up, or well any one of possible ways to work it. I'm still open to the idea of a single 4.2cuft (pre-displacements).

So I guess the question goes out as who has experience with larger volume vehicles such as mini-vans? Which orientation yields the best SQ results without murdering SPL? I hate asking on here like this but I've been banging the ideas around in my head for a few weeks now and I'm wanting to get started on the enclosures before the summer is up.

Thanks for the help guys.

illbmeubu
07-31-2009, 06:25 PM
subs ub port back seem to work best in vehicles with free-flowing air (hatchbacks, suvs, vans, etc.) do not put each sub in its own chamber, put them in a single 4.2 cu ft box where they share the space. 32Hz is pretty standard tuning for good SQ and decent spl.