PDA

View Full Version : powerbass comps

bhmudder11
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.millionbuy.com/pows6c.html

have any of yall used these comps. i was wondering how they sound and how they compare to the pg rsds.

kizz
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
they aren't bad. not a whole lot of midbass but fairly clear. If i did a budget build i would buy them

SPLaudio
07-30-2009, 11:24 PM
i have the same thing still instock in the black series will do $35 shipped. bnib several sets i have...

audioqueboy
07-30-2009, 11:26 PM
talk to Big joker, DDbump, and Mlstrass they all have use them.

d77543020
07-30-2009, 11:39 PM
i was just looking at those hope someone puts up some reviews

bhmudder11
07-31-2009, 03:08 AM
do yall think they are better or worse than the pg rsds

mlstrass
07-31-2009, 05:10 PM
If you don't try to throw a lot of power at them they will play pretty loud and clean. You won't get a ton of midbass but if you have a solid substage and just need midrange/highs they'll do the job just fine.

I'd say they're on par with the RSD's as I've installed/heard both in a few different vehicles. Few of the DOA guys run multiples sets of the PB's in their cars for cheap SPL and they do the trick...

They sound pretty good on rock/metal also as I've demo'd them on that a few installs ago and was pleasantly surprised. Are they going to set the world on fire, hell no, but they're easily worth $36 and can compliment a nice ultra budget set up.

perfecxionX
08-01-2009, 12:00 AM
a much better route
http://www.wirelesshut.com/306860/9868341.html

Ignatowski
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
are u guys tone deaf???? I bought a set of powerbass comps,not for anything other than I needed to fill some holes in a car I was selling......They are the biggest pieces of **** I think I have ever listened too,not that I was complaining I was selling the car and wanted something cheap....but for some of you phucksticks to actually say these have any bit of SQ are either talking out your *** are repeating something you read from another parrot on CA.COM

SicAudio
08-01-2009, 03:52 PM
are u guys tone deaf???? I bought a set of powerbass comps,not for anything other than I needed to fill some holes in a car I was selling......They are the biggest pieces of **** I think I have ever listened too,not that I was complaining I was selling the car and wanted something cheap....but for some of you phucksticks to actually say these have any bit of SQ are either talking out your *** are repeating something you read from another parrot on CA.COM

X's 10 !!!

JBGabriel
08-01-2009, 03:59 PM

I care to differ. I have run powerbass comps (sc-6 and 2xl) and they are not bad for the money.

galacticmonkey
08-01-2009, 04:07 PM
I had PB coaxials in my van for a while with some Eminence. I needed something with a tweeter and those happened to be laying around the shop so in they went.

Took the grill off them a couple months later and the tweeter was broken off both coaxs. Loud bass FTL. :crap:

BigJoker
08-01-2009, 04:56 PM

who the hell said anything about sq? the op was asking about a $35 comp set so i highly doubt he's looking for sq.

they sound good to me. they keep up with my wall.

RowJoe
08-01-2009, 04:56 PM
do yall think they are better or worse than the pg rsds

Man, $35 to try them out yourself sure is a huge investment.

Ninja Primate
08-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I was between some PowerBass comps and the PG RSDs. I went with the RSDs. I picked them up for $39 shipped brand new.

its_bacon12
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Try doing a decent install next time before passing judgment. 99% of the time it's user error, as likely in your case.

mlstrass
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Not my fault you can't install/tune worth a **** :D I never said they were going to win any SQ comps, but they can be made to sound pretty decent for a $35 comp set and have decent output.

Shinju
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
2xl and 3xl sets sound great. Tweets are not harsh or bright, the Midbass drivers have a really good responce from 80hz on up.

I still use my 2XL tweets with my Type R 6.5's

jerseyboy
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
a much better route
http://www.wirelesshut.com/306860/9868341.html

i did a budget build for m y gf's car and used these.. not bad for what I paid for them.. its not my first choice of comp set but deff not the worse..

Ignatowski
08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Try doing a decent install next time before passing judgment. 99% of the time it's user error, as likely in your case.

LOL............*******....not likely