PDA

View Full Version : On/off speaker/woofer pop???

sirsaechao
07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I just changed out my Alpine IVA-D900 DVD player to a new Eclipse AVN726E DVD/Navigation in my 02 Tacoma. I switched out a 7" single din flip out to a double din 7" deck. On the process I had no room to reinstall my AudioControl EPIC Four.1 EQ. Now when I turn the ignition off and pull out the key there a low thump/pop from my sub. What is causing this? The audio shop who I worked for, for years they said I need to install the EQ too. I am not sure if this is a power surge and the amp loses power when the deck is fully shut off them the key is out or what not. Help pls.

dirtydog
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Do you have the remote wire hooked up to a remote lead or the ignition wire?

The remote lead has a built in time delay and waits for the speakers to shut off before cutting the power. You might be able to install a time delay relay or a capacitor?? Not sure though on that one as I never had that issue.

Another issue is ground problem. Try grounding your amps seperately and run your remote wire separate from your power and ground wire's. Don't run the parallel to each other.

sirsaechao
07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
My amp is grounded via next to the capacitor. None of the wiring was touched. The deck was removed and installed with the Eclipse. Where is my remote wire supposed to be hooked up too? Remote lead or Ignition wire? The problem is...I never had an issue with my old deck until I put this one in.

sirsaechao
07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
It was the sub amp's RCA cable. Swapped it out and now no more pop when turning off/on.