PDA

View Full Version : A simple question with a big headache.

mikelpn
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
First off Hi, I'm Mike.

I recently purchased a JVC KW-AVX810 im completely thrilled with the unit but I'm stuck on one small thing. I'm trying to burn my collection of music videos onto DVDs to play in the head unit without success. Effectively knocking my ego down a notch or two hence why I'm here looking for help.

So, couple of questions.

1. Should I burn the disc as a DVD or a data disc? I loved the custom menus but it's something I'm willing to sacrifice

2. KW-AVX810 can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, JPEG, DivX, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files recorded on DVD-R, DVD-RW ,DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, or Romeo. Can someone translate this for me. Exactly what file type should I use. I attempted to use wmv to no avail.

3. Does anyone know where I can get a free file converter. mine is a little bare bones but it has the following conversion options (in case any of these work) Apple quicktime MOV, MPEG4 MP4, WMV, AVI, MP3

If any of you could shed some light on the subject I would be very appreciative

Many thanks in advance
Mike

TurdFergueson2
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
find a converter that will convert to divx. Might be the easiest converter to find.
I'd try download.com and see what they had.