PDA

View Full Version : Will People On this site make me a box..i have the Dimensions but i dunno if right

TheRookie
10-27-2003, 02:09 PM
I am getting an 15 inch XXX with the Hifonics 1500..i hear thats a good one for that sub...i need some1 to build me a box that really nos what there doin..this would be the biggest box som1 could make for me...15 and 1/2 is the height...the width is 34 inches and the length is 18 and a half inches...is that a good size box for the XXX or would smaller be better.i want ported of course...i have money and i hear lone ranger makes boxs...i dunno help me out

Trixter
11-25-2003, 10:59 AM
With the dimensions you gave your looking at 4.5cu' before any displacement. Depending on what kind of box you would want (SPL/SQL) would determine the port size and it's displacement. (I have a 5cu' box for my B-15 and is 4.5cu' after displacement...it set up for SQL.) If you could get it around 4cu' that would be a pretty good size. Look at the LoneRanger's post on here for his site and prices.

LoneRanger
11-25-2003, 02:28 PM
I am getting an 15 inch XXX with the Hifonics 1500..i hear thats a good one for that sub...i need some1 to build me a box that really nos what there doin..this would be the biggest box som1 could make for me...15 and 1/2 is the height...the width is 34 inches and the length is 18 and a half inches...is that a good size box for the XXX or would smaller be better.i want ported of course...i have money and i hear lone ranger makes boxs...i dunno help me out

Yes, that will be a very good box for that sub. It's not far off the dimensions I use for most XXX15 boxes.

I'll build it out of 1" MDF for $110 uncarpeted or $150 with carpet. If you'd prefer 3/4" MDF, there's an additional $10 stocking fee.