PDA

View Full Version : box materials

phazeone
10-26-2003, 08:34 PM
whats the best materials to build a box

Aurorav8
10-26-2003, 09:36 PM
whats the best materials to build a box

The search button. Or MDF to be more specific.

80_Cutlass_mn
10-27-2003, 07:23 PM
I built my box out of regualar old shelving board. Stuff is rock solid, trust me. The only thing I found wrong with it tho is since it is laminated, the edgesof the wood itself will leak air. I went around all the edges tho and sealed them with silicone and havent had a problem yet. Its even been rained on and the only thing I got out of it was a little bit of mildew on the wood itself but no probs yet, been strong for nearly a year now.

infrabass
10-27-2003, 07:45 PM
3/4" MDF, fiberglass, 1" acrylic sheeting if ya want a window (I think thats what its called)

Trixter
10-29-2003, 06:02 PM
I may be kinda old in my ways but I ues 3/4 MDF held together by Elmers wood glue, lots of it, and drywall screws. I have noticed that a lot of people on here use all sorts of different thigs to seal their boxes but the Elmer's has never let me down. If I have box sides that are on the larger side, or using a large amount of power, I make a braces out of 3/4 MDF.

phazeone
10-29-2003, 06:47 PM
thanx for all ur replies i built my box today now i got a new problem ,.,..,. the box is flexing from all the power like i can actually see it vibrate is ther anything u guys cant think of to prevent this and is it worth the trouble