PDA

View Full Version : Budget Build help.

its_no_ray_ray
07-25-2009, 09:19 AM
ok i am putting a system in my friends truck(ranger). he has a budget of 3-400.

how much should i charge him for all this stuff?

Enough 4 ga. to run in the truck.
Stinger Pro Distro Block
Stinger Pro Anl Fuse Holder
Rockford RCA's
Kicker 150.2

what do you think would be a good price for all that being he is my friend and i dont wanna walk away empty

and what do you think will sound good in the truck?

Varinabassing
07-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Maybe like 250 what kinda ranger he got ext cab or what ? i would stick to tens due to space in those trucks just me thou

its_no_ray_ray
07-25-2009, 09:31 AM
i think it's just a standard cab. i havent seen it yet. he live about 1.5 hr. away. i was thinking about getting him 2 pr 10's, they pound pretty well. and i can get 2 bnib prob 140. or i can go a lil cheaper and get him the lower memphis brand and save him money, the street edge 10's. U still get memphis sound just at a lower price

what do you guys think?

cbrei1023
07-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Are you only doing a sub? or does he want new speakers all around? I personally always do my friends cars for free, but most of mine dont live 1.5hrs away. The 150.2 will prob run you up to 150 shipped. I know that pioneer makes some shallow mount subs that are rated around 150-250, could power nicely off that amp. I warn though that the one that I heard I was not very impressed with. I also see that you keep saying that you want to get 2 subs, I would stick with one. If you dont you wont have sufficient power to each sub off of that amp. IMO the 150 watts that you will get out of that amp isnt sufficient for most subs.

cbrei1023
07-25-2009, 10:25 AM
You said his budget is 3-400, Maybe look at this amp.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3962/ZX3001--Kicker-1-Ch-300-Watt-ZX-Series-Amplifier.htm

Much more power to work with.

its_no_ray_ray
07-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Are you only doing a sub? or does he want new speakers all around? I personally always do my friends cars for free, but most of mine dont live 1.5hrs away. The 150.2 will prob run you up to 150 shipped. I know that pioneer makes some shallow mount subs that are rated around 150-250, could power nicely off that amp. I warn though that the one that I heard I was not very impressed with. I also see that you keep saying that you want to get 2 subs, I would stick with one. If you dont you wont have sufficient power to each sub off of that amp. IMO the 150 watts that you will get out of that amp isnt sufficient for most subs.

i would normally do this for free. but i dont really want to lose out on all my equipment. he just wants what he calls "a system" which to him consists of

amp, sub, and box.

in order to do this i have to run all the wire. the kicker 150.2 i was going to use b/c i already have it and a new amp will run everything way outta budget. but like the other people said. i can prob get a shallow mount 12" pioneer comp series premier. for pretty cheap. and can run **** nice off low power. the rca's, distro, and anl fuse holder. but like i said i get can 2 pr's for 140 and they run nice at really low power