PDA

View Full Version : 90 Degree turns with round ports?

Eddie Havok
07-23-2009, 05:16 PM
i need my ports to be 22" long, but my box is only 17" high. how would i go about putting a 90 degree turn in them? anyone know where they sell 8" elbows?

TubeSockTitties
07-23-2009, 05:20 PM
try a plumbing supply store

l7runner
07-23-2009, 05:26 PM
thats probably gonna cost you a pretty penny. 6" elbows are like $25+

but an industrial scale plumbing store would be the way to go.

You can always have your port stick out of the box ;)

altoncustomtech
07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
a slot port may be the better answer...... or more ports of a smaller diameter?

Eddie Havok
07-23-2009, 05:46 PM
i only have a one inch gap from the top of the box to my trunk, so external ports are out of the question. slot port also, its a mini wall type thing, so the trunk is sealed from the car, and i had just enough space to fit the subs, no room for the 150" of port i need. was thinking about doing a slot thru the rear deck, but the subs are in the way. using 2 8" now, but i can't stand having a setup thats not as good as it could be you know.

smaller ports seem weird, i would need like 6 6" ports for 150" of port right?

would i be able to like cut a sono tube at a 90 and glue and tape them to all hell together? i would build a brace for them and im sure i could get them sealed, but would the sharp angle cause bad port noise or anything?

l7runner
07-23-2009, 06:25 PM
you might have to shrink down the port area some...you can use aeros and reduce the overall port area, thus making them shorter.

altoncustomtech
07-24-2009, 08:26 AM
i only have a one inch gap from the top of the box to my trunk, so external ports are out of the question. slot port also, its a mini wall type thing, so the trunk is sealed from the car, and i had just enough space to fit the subs, no room for the 150" of port i need. was thinking about doing a slot thru the rear deck, but the subs are in the way. using 2 8" now, but i can't stand having a setup thats not as good as it could be you know.

smaller ports seem weird, i would need like 6 6" ports for 150" of port right?

would i be able to like cut a sono tube at a 90 and glue and tape them to all hell together? i would build a brace for them and im sure i could get them sealed, but would the sharp angle cause bad port noise or anything?

give us some more information on what you're trying to build, I don't see why a slot port would be out of the question when it's properly designed and much easier compared to trying to figure the correct length with the bends in the pipe....... I know exactly what you're wanting to do by sealing the front of your box to the front of your trunk directly behind the back seat, slot ports will still work find in that application it just takes some imagination to get it all right...... give us your dimensions and goals for this build, the subs you plan to use and the air space you're planning for and I bet we can come up with a way to help, slot, round or square......