PDA

View Full Version : Tuning speakers?

TheJuggla1
07-23-2009, 11:49 AM
How do I set my gains ect on my speakers and tweeders, I got a 4 channel amp running in the front 2 " kickers + tweeders and the rear 2 6x9(forget what kind not really that big of a deal) the kickers cross over has a switch(inside of it you have to take the panel off to get to it) that says + 0 + 3 and +6 db. How do I know when the speakers sound perfect?

The kickers are new, but fairly broken in, I can get about 20/35 on them with max bass without cracking.

khmara
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
How do I set my gains ect on my speakers and tweeders, I got a 4 channel amp running in the front 2 " kickers + tweeders and the rear 2 6x9(forget what kind not really that big of a deal) the kickers cross over has a switch(inside of it you have to take the panel off to get to it) that says + 0 + 3 and +6 db. How do I know when the speakers sound perfect?

The kickers are new, but fairly broken in, I can get about 20/35 on them with max bass without cracking.

LOL! Tweeders... Its tweeters..

Well, you know when it sounds perfect when your ears like it.

Do you have a HPF on them? I don't see why you have bass max on them..

thaster
07-23-2009, 11:57 AM
go read the gain setting tutorial

TheJuggla1
07-23-2009, 11:59 AM
LOL! Tweeders... Its tweeters..

Well, you know when it sounds perfect when your ears like it.

Do you have a HPF on them? I don't see why you have bass max on them..

YA sorry I ALWAYS make that spelling error, what is a HPF and whats it have to do with bass?

Where is the gain guide?

thaster
07-23-2009, 12:01 PM
http://caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4104530&postcount=623

TheJuggla1
07-23-2009, 12:31 PM
One more question, is says something about turning off the head units internal amp, how do I do that?

thaster
07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
One more question, is says something about turning off the head units internal amp, how do I do that?

dont worry about that

skateboardkid
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
max bass as in, you don't have a sub woofer - or are you trying to blow your components - I give em a few more weeks at "max bass"

see the tutorial - If I came over and spent 4 hours tuning your system to be perfect to my ears - you probably would not like it - its perfect when you like it and you can listen for hours without getting tired of it. When you are like gidddy to listen to a new CD - that's set up about right.

TheJuggla1
07-23-2009, 08:17 PM
max bass as in, you don't have a sub woofer - or are you trying to blow your components - I give em a few more weeks at "max bass"

see the tutorial - If I came over and spent 4 hours tuning your system to be perfect to my ears - you probably would not like it - its perfect when you like it and you can listen for hours without getting tired of it. When you are like gidddy to listen to a new CD - that's set up about right.

By max bass I meant on my head unit you can change the bass from -7 all the way to +7, I meant I had it at +7 and could turn it to about 20/35Volume without it cracking/distorting so far.