PDA

View Full Version : best ipod deck?

FergieFurg
07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
i was interested in the alpine ida, but seen many reviews saying the sound quality is horrible with aftermarket components, and you have to buy alot of upgrades in which others come with. would anyone know of a nice deck with maybe a $500 limit which can scroll through playlists and songs as fast as an ipod while having the best sound quality... or is the best idea to just buy one which you charge and play the ipod but use the ipod to choose the music as the last resort?
thanks alot!

dumple
07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
i love my ida x001 doesnt sound bad to me at all not very customizable and kinda lacking in features/ the scroll wheel but its older and i love it

nineball
07-22-2009, 07:49 PM
in my sig. can control via the hu or the ipod/phone/touch. charges em all and supports streaming bt as well.

FergieFurg
07-23-2009, 02:07 AM
with that kenwood you can just press a button to choose to use the ipod itself?? and what wire do you use just the regular usb one? or do you have to buy one? and last question lol sorry hows the sound quality on it too?
thanks alot man!!

FergieFurg
07-23-2009, 02:08 AM
and how well does it work on scrolling through the screen for playlists, etc.? thanks!

nineball
07-23-2009, 10:43 AM
yes, it's actually 2 clicks and it changes from hu to hand controlled. yes, regular white ipod cord is all that is needed. sq is excellent. scrolls through the playlists as easily on the hu as on the ipod.