PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Boxes???

mulisharider10
10-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I used to think u tune a ported box with the size of the bax and a subsonic filter. But i guess im wrong. How is the tuning done, what do i have to do to calculate what a box is tuned to?

mulisharider10
10-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Alright, i have relized i have no clue about tuning boxes. If some can help me in any way please help.

bigred78797
10-25-2003, 04:27 AM
Tuning ported speaker boxes is done by adjusting the box volume and the length and size of the port(s). In order to calculate that stuff it takes a formula that takes in all kinds of variable from speakers and such and calculates it for you. Or you could spend some time to learn the formulas and go through hours of trail and error to do it by hand. WinISD Pro is one of the programs used to calculate port size and tuning freq. But there are alot of other programs out there that do this stuff for you.

Randy Savage
10-25-2003, 04:40 AM
Well...the speaker(s) have nothing to do with the tuning of a box, besides, the speaker displacement, of course. But a speaker will not effect tuning.

There are formulas out there. The port formula on JL Audio's site is a good one, I use that one.