PDA

View Full Version : Question about tweeters?

Dwhip
07-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Well i have had some rockford tweeters in my car for the longest time and i recently got some power acoutics tweeters to add to my system. As soon as my head unit comes on, the power acoustics tweeters are loud and you can hear them even if i have my volume all the way down on my headunit. Now my rockfords, i can barely hear them on, i mean i know their on because i have had to different installers check when i was getting another items added on, i just dont hear them like i hear the power acoustics. I don't know if its because i have the rockfords mounted on my pillars close to the windshield and i have the power acoustics in the pillars rite above my ear. Or could it be that the power acoustics are more powerful then the rockfords? Or do some tweeters work different, where some you can hear even if your not playing music, and some tweeters you can hear only when your playing music. I don't know, anyway input why the two tweeters sound totally different?

Heide264
07-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Did you check their impedances? Are they wired in parallel? Could make a big difference. A 2ohm and 4ohm in parallel are gonna have different volumes by a factor of 2 I believe.... Just an idea.

It could be they are just softer sounding tweeters too. I know my set of old crappy Pyle's would put holes in my ear drum while my set of old boston acoustic 701s were much softer (better sounding and harder to mount too).

MisterGrubbs
07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
If you're running 4 tweeters and 4 door speakers off your head unit, you're doing it completely wrong.

Buy a 4 channel amplifier and hook them up properly, you're probably going to blow the HU's factory amplifier.

Heide264
07-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I didn't even think about that, I had assumed you were already running everything of other amps. If you are running them all off the head unit, its probably your problem. I would just go with one nice set of component door speakers and use a 2 channel 200Wrms amp or such for them. It'll be much cleaner than going with 2 sets of not as nice ones I would think.

I Like Waffle
07-21-2009, 03:11 PM
You black? All the blacks that run ****** walmart tweeters like that will come help. Maybe youre not turning the high all the way up on the EQ like your boy marquez with the caprice?

Dwhip
07-21-2009, 05:43 PM
well i would have went to best buy to buy some tweeters, but walmart was the only thing open after i left your mom's house

James Bang
07-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Well i have had some rockford tweeters in my car for the longest time and i recently got some power acoutics tweeters to add to my system. As soon as my head unit comes on, the power acoustics tweeters are loud and you can hear them even if i have my volume all the way down on my headunit. Now my rockfords, i can barely hear them on, i mean i know their on because i have had to different installers check when i was getting another items added on, i just dont hear them like i hear the power acoustics. I don't know if its because i have the rockfords mounted on my pillars close to the windshield and i have the power acoustics in the pillars rite above my ear. Or could it be that the power acoustics are more powerful then the rockfords? Or do some tweeters work different, where some you can hear even if your not playing music, and some tweeters you can hear only when your playing music. I don't know, anyway input why the two tweeters sound totally different?

WHAT?!

dlothcebelyk
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM

WHAT?!

thats all you got from it lol?? not the fact he can hear his tweets with no music playing:confused: