PDA

View Full Version : How to turn on aux2 with 880prs?

Pickler
07-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I hate seeing questions like this because they are so simple but I have been searching EVERYWHERE and can't seem to find out how to turn aux on with the 880prs. I installed a pioneer pac ipod unit and when I go through the sources it doesn't seem to recognize the the source and I am unsure how to go about turning in the aux source.

(also my battery is dead in my remote so hopefully I don't need that to turn it on.)

help :crap:

Pickler
07-21-2009, 06:10 AM
i actually do have the remote

adio25
07-21-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure if this applies for the PRS's but on mine you just push and hold in the volume knob.

Beerdrnkr
07-21-2009, 01:23 PM
turn off the unit, hold down the function button (I think it's function or maybe audio), and it'll pop up more settings. You can turn off the internal amp and it has an option for you to either turn aux 1 and aux 2 on or off.

PeePeeVagina!
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
turn off the unit, hold down the function button (I think it's function or maybe audio), and it'll pop up more settings. You can turn off the internal amp and it has an option for you to either turn aux 1 and aux 2 on or off.

Yup

Louisiana_CRX
07-21-2009, 01:28 PM

x2

Juice+
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
x3 I think its the same with all pioneers.

ejschultz
07-21-2009, 06:07 PM
You hold down the right knob with the unit off to get into that menu.

GMCJimmyslt2000
07-21-2009, 07:35 PM
U have to pull the cd player out of dash and theN take it apart( only a few screws) and inside u will find a aux switch which uhave to turn on.

blackbonnie
07-21-2009, 07:49 PM
U have to pull the cd player out of dash and theN take it apart( only a few screws) and inside u will find a aux switch which uhave to turn on.

no...

thats to switch it between standard and network.

the aux is under the menu, but the hu has to be off.

turn off the hu, push the right knob in and hold it for a couple seconds and it will bring you into a menu where you ca adjust the time, aux's, brightness, att setting, etc...

GMCJimmyslt2000
07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
no...

thats to switch it between standard and network.

the aux is under the menu, but the hu has to be off.

turn off the hu, push the right knob in and hold it for a couple seconds and it will bring you into a menu where you ca adjust the time, aux's, brightness, att setting, etc...

No..... We are both wrong.

U have to take the engine out. At the very bottom, after it's all torn down there should be a aux button that u have to switch to on.

Fyi my first post was a joke, this is the correct way.

Thank me later

Blue Fury
07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Want to sell me your auto TA and EQ microphone?

blackbonnie
07-21-2009, 08:03 PM
how much you payin quag?

SocialStealth
07-21-2009, 08:03 PM
what exactly is aux 2?

Juice+
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I think its just like an aux channel on a tv, its for something you have plugged into the radio, like a ipod control or flashdrive..ect.

Blue Fury
07-21-2009, 08:40 PM
how much you payin quag?

I had one price in mind but it turns out it was too low. Want to sell me one? Throw me a price

Pickler
07-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I couldn't find that info anywhere in the manual so I will try it out.

yea it works now.. thanks a bunch everyone

Beerdrnkr
07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Just for a little more info, one of the aux's is for an 1/8" to mini cable to be plugged into where the mic plugs into w/ use of an external mp3 player through the headphone jack and the other aux is for the ipod adapter for full ipod integration.

WrenchGuy
07-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Just for a little more info, one of the aux's is for an 1/8" to mini cable to be plugged into where the mic plugs into w/ use of an external mp3 player through the headphone jack and the other aux is for the ipod adapter for full ipod integration.

Aha! I knew it...lol or at least thought of that. Now I'm gonna look into it.

Blue Fury
07-22-2009, 06:00 PM

I have both aux 1 and 2 turned off but listen to my ipod every time. I just thought that the 'wired remote' in the back was one of them, didn't care where the other was. Plus I thought the 1/8 plug in front was ONLY for the auto TA thing. Guess I'll have to try it out since Ive never done that.