PDA

View Full Version : IT'S FINISHED!! Box Calculator now has CUT SHEETS!

altoncustomtech
07-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Okay guys, here it is the long awaited and anticipated (at least for CSU87) box calculator for excel WITH CUT & DESIGN SHEETS!!!!..... Now the cut and design sheets are simple and in their infancy but it's all working and complete..... I hope....... here it is for all to try and let me know any problems you find and they'll be repaired ASAP...... And if all goes well it'll become an executable..........

Have fun and enjoy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3mymgzmhkd/Box Calculator.xls

WOT
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Ill giver a try now, didnt understand the layout all to well the first time around

Edit: the only thing I dont really get, is how come the 256 port area number never changes? Looks like some solid math and matches up with my current box anyways.

ALso wheres the cut sheets? Not that I would use them but I didnt see it on the page anywere

altoncustomtech
07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Ill giver a try now, didnt understand the layout all to well the first time around

Edit: the only thing I dont really get, is how come the 256 port area number never changes? Looks like some solid math and matches up with my current box anyways.

ALso wheres the cut sheets? Not that I would use them but I didnt see it on the page anywere

if you're talking about the port area number by where you enter the box size it will only change if you adjust stuff for the Round port, the port area for the SLOT port is down in the slot port area......... the cut sheets are on the tabs at the bottom...... named for each type of box to build......

I just took another look....... I can't see where the port area numbers aren't changing for either type...... wish i could see ur screen

altoncustomtech
07-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Also for anyone who hates to change decimals to fractions i have one formatted here with all the box and cut measurements to be by the 16th of an inch..... it will only do one so you'll have to divide it down for 8th's 4th's and halves but that's not too hard....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0odkgiimgo/Box Calculator - Fractions.xls

altoncustomtech
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
sorry everyone check the first post again..... posted the wrong link to start with it's fixed now!

JG903
07-18-2009, 02:00 AM
You put work into this.
I gave it a quick run and it's nice and the values calculated look right.
Thumbs up to you.
One thing I really didn't care for were the "Golden" cut sheets. IMO they were kinda useless and would confuse people. I know what you meant by showing them but are not neccessary.
Just take those out and you are good.
I for one will use this. Easy to use.

theMessenjah44
07-18-2009, 02:08 AM
looks good, I should be building a new enclosure for my HD 12 soon, I'll give this a shot

Pimpdaddyq
07-18-2009, 04:29 AM
I like it.. a little bit to get used to, but seems to do the job just fine..

props to you man

jpexpc
07-18-2009, 04:37 AM
I can't use it at the moment (iPhone) but the nerd in me loves building complicated formulas in Excel. I'll post up my thoughts when I get home. :)

altoncustomtech
07-18-2009, 08:38 AM
You put work into this.
I gave it a quick run and it's nice and the values calculated look right.
Thumbs up to you.
One thing I really didn't care for were the "Golden" cut sheets. IMO they were kinda useless and would confuse people. I know what you meant by showing them but are not neccessary.
Just take those out and you are good.
I for one will use this. Easy to use.

Thanks man....... the whole thing started as a tool for me to try to save some time, the Golden enclosures were what I was wanting to use but the formulas for it were a pain to redo every time I changed a parameter on the box. That's how this whole thing started, I just left them there since it was the original purpose for the sheet.

looks good, I should be building a new enclosure for my HD 12 soon, I'll give this a shot

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it will help make it easier to design it for you. However, I take no responsibility for enclosures that end up not working correctly.... LOL

I like it.. a little bit to get used to, but seems to do the job just fine..

props to you man

Thank you... Yes the ergonomics are a little bizzare, like I said earlier it started off just being an easier way to figure those **** Golden numbers boxes. Once I hear back from enough people that everything is solid I plan on turning it into an executable and it will be MUCH more ergonomic and the flow will be much better as well.

Thanks to everyone who's downloading and giving it a try. When I saw how handy this tool could be if built right I decided to share it. Try it, abuse it, find the flaws and together we'll turn it into something that anyone who's building their own enclosures may turn to and save themselves some time and hassle.

2fnloud
07-18-2009, 09:49 AM
First thing I noticed after playing:

Have user input on the thickness of the port material

altoncustomtech
07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
First thing I noticed after playing:

Have user input on the thickness of the port material

Thanks for the input, that's easy enough to fix...... Out of idle curiosity, are you referring to the round or slot port and why would you want to adjust it?

2fnloud
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the input, that's easy enough to fix...... Out of idle curiosity, are you referring to the round or slot port and why would you want to adjust it?

Would only be for the slot port. I plan on building my box out of 1" thick MDF...I don't see a reason to build the port with 1" thick as well

altoncustomtech
07-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Sorry everyone....... download it again, some errors in port length calculation was brought to my attention as well as the port widths on the cut sheets being swapped.....

altoncustomtech
07-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Would only be for the slot port. I plan on building my box out of 1" thick MDF...I don't see a reason to build the port with 1" thick as well

The pressures will be the same on the port walls as they will the on the enclosure walls, seems to me you'd want them to be same as the rest of the enclosure..... A chain is only as strong as the weakest link...... I mean the port walls inside the enclosure are almost like the walls of the enclosure itself, with the pressures being reduced only where they flow through the port itself.....

teen
07-20-2009, 04:31 PM
****, i just used this, cut all my wood and the port size is definitely wrong. the inside port wall is way too long. it seals up my box. think you could help me out?

altoncustomtech
07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
****, i just used this, cut all my wood and the port size is definitely wrong. the inside port wall is way too long. it seals up my box. think you could help me out?

first of all, did you make sure you had downloaded the latest version of it..... the links in place now are the latest, if you downloaded it before the 18th then that version does have a cut problem as I stated above.... also, i'm gonna work with you as best I can..... I'll send you a PM and we'll go over the numbers......

teen
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
my bad, i didnt realize you could change the sq. in. of port area. it starts at 16 and i didnt realize i should have lowered it to like 10 or 12. this was a mistake on my part

reclessantics
07-20-2009, 05:09 PM
does it include how many woofers? or putting the port in a different spot? cause i have a truck, and i was thinkin about puttin the port on top, but not all the way on the left. moreso center. but that might be stupid? lol

in any case subs forward, andport on bottom, curving to the top? would it change sound?

altoncustomtech
07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
my bad, i didnt realize you could change the sq. in. of port area. it starts at 16 and i didnt realize i should have lowered it to like 10 or 12. this was a mistake on my part

as i stated in the PM..... no need to change the port area..... by changing the tuning frequency up to 32 from 30 it reduces the length of that #2 inside port wall a whole 4 inches and makes it clear by a long shot...... you didn't mention what sub you're building this for but if it has great excursion capability then you may well need the 16sq in.......

altoncustomtech
07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
does it include how many woofers? or putting the port in a different spot? cause i have a truck, and i was thinkin about puttin the port on top, but not all the way on the left. moreso center. but that might be stupid? lol

in any case subs forward, andport on bottom, curving to the top? would it change sound?

it does it by the sub displacement..... if you're using subs that have .16 cu.ft. of displacement like the Fi 12Q for example then just enter .32 and that cover's 2 subs, or .64 for 4 subs, etc...... the sub can be mounted on any wall of the enclosure you choose except the back one on a slot ported enclosure so that choice is yours as long the the panel is big enough for the diameter of your sub....... now centering.... well...... it's not that advanced yet...... but with some more time and maybe a little help it could have the capability of giving the port an offset from the side........... and to answer your final question as far as the relationship of the port to the subs NOT including the vehicle environment, no that won't have any effect on the sound at all...... now once it's in the truck and the inside of the cab is in play..... well..... i'm no acoustical engineer so i can't say for sure...... may just have to build it and see.....

teen
07-20-2009, 05:18 PM
two sundown E8s.

anyways guys, calculator works great... user error on my part. sorry about that.

reclessantics
07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
word thanks yeah i just doubled my displaceme,t and made sure the height was bigger than the mach audio mj18's. word this is amazing man hugggeee help lol

yeah it'll just be interesting because i had a sub in my truck that i put in my little brothers car, and it sounded pretty nice in his car, but crappy in my truck. just hit lows better and stuff. so who knows

altoncustomtech
07-21-2009, 09:56 AM
word thanks yeah i just doubled my displaceme,t and made sure the height was bigger than the mach audio mj18's. word this is amazing man hugggeee help lol

yeah it'll just be interesting because i had a sub in my truck that i put in my little brothers car, and it sounded pretty nice in his car, but crappy in my truck. just hit lows better and stuff. so who knows

There could be bigger things at play in that case..... if he has a car with a trunk and the box wasn't well sealed it would play havoc with the sound in your truck but not be nearly as noticable in the trunk of the car....... things like that can cause big problems when the enclosure is sharing airspace directly with your ears, in the trunk of the car the air gets pressured up and the sound waves have to travel through the back seat and rear deck to get to your ears which can mask problems........

I sold a tube enclosure I built to a kid once and he brought it back the next day sayin' it didn't work and sounded like crap in the back of his blazer... a quick inspection and the sub wasn't fully seated against the face of the enclosure and was leaking air badly..... a little trim to the cutout and a light layer of silicone and BAM, it was boomin' along just fine.... leaks can REALLY hurt the sound......

Nut Hair Trick
07-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I d/l the file and it said that it was readonly. the program came up with a box for options, I chose box calculator, it said the program was password protected or some **** then disappeared. Also, I think it mentioned at one point to change the name of the file. and re d/l it?

vincer20
07-21-2009, 02:53 PM
i had same problem, but it might be because im using free trial version.

altoncustomtech
07-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I d/l the file and it said that it was readonly. the program came up with a box for options, I chose box calculator, it said the program was password protected or some **** then disappeared. Also, I think it mentioned at one point to change the name of the file. and re d/l it?

i had same problem, but it might be because im using free trial version.

how old are your versions of EXCEL? The file itself is not password protected it can be opened by anyone, however the sheets are protected from being changed to protect my work.....

I'm not sure what's going on there but I just tested opening it with both EXCEL 2003 and OpenOffice Calc (OpenOffice is a free Office Suite that can work EXCEL sheets) from the download site and had no problems....... you might try downloading OpenOffice its FREE and works just fine...... I have no idea what the options question box was about unless your versions of excel just don't like the circular references....

altoncustomtech
07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd love to hear some more comments back from you guys, TEEN sez his box turned out great!

Any comments, suggestions, problems please let me know, I plan on this becoming a tool that we may all be able to rely upon when we're ready to build a new project.

way2sl0
07-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Since my lack of help in every thread ive made on making my first ported box, im going to use this calculator.

I am making the box this weekend, its for an RE SRx 15" ill let you know how it turns out and take pictures.

altoncustomtech
07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Since my lack of help in every thread ive made on making my first ported box, im going to use this calculator.

I am making the box this weekend, its for an RE SRx 15" ill let you know how it turns out and take pictures.

I'm glad to hear you're giving it a try! If you run into any problems with the cut outs just send a PM and I'll do what I can to help you out..... For Teen it turned out all he needed to do was change his tuning and cut the #2 port wall down 4"..... I'm going to make some changes so that it will tell you if there's a problem with the port length and the enclosure size soon.......

Otherwise it seems everything works pretty well in it so good luck and enjoy. I can't wait to see the results!

altoncustomtech
07-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Bumpin' the thread..... still looking for comments and suggestions, good or bad anyone?

altoncustomtech
07-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Bumping the thread again..... Still no other comments or questions???

altoncustomtech
07-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Bump.... And just so you don't have to go back to the beginning of the thread to get the links:

Without Fractions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3mymgzmhkd/Box Calculator.xls

And with Fractions: (all 16th's cuz excel can't do more than one at a time)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0odkgiimgo/Box Calculator - Fractions.xls

Dak446
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
awesome man, is it free?

altoncustomtech
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
awesome man, is it free?

YUP..... it works good..... but it's nowhere near good enough to charge for... besides, I made it to help out not only myself but everyone who can use it, not to make any money with it.......

altoncustomtech
08-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Bumpin' the thread....

altoncustomtech
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Just bumpin' the thread again

altoncustomtech
08-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Been awhile since I've bumped this thing...... still no comments or complaints??

SomeGuyDude
08-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Can't actually change anything. I opened it in OpenOffice and it tells me all the cells are protected.

altoncustomtech
08-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Can't actually change anything. I opened it in OpenOffice and it tells me all the cells are protected.

All the blue cells are protected to protect the program itself from someone messing up a formula and then distributing it to some people then them coming back to me and saying that it don't work.

It explains in the prologue at the top that the RED numbers are the ones you can change to enter the variables you need to design your enclosure. It shouldn't have any problem letting you change those.

altoncustomtech
08-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Bump again....

Kold_Killa
08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Bump again for a very nice spreadsheet. I vote sticky.

altoncustomtech
08-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks!! I'm glad you liked it.....

BTW to those who have built enclosures by it, how did they turn out???

altoncustomtech
08-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Just bumpin' the thread...

sure wish I had time to get the enclosure for my Q's done...

altoncustomtech
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
giving the thread another bump....

anyone having issues with the program? I found a couple of flaws the other day, I'm going to wait to upload any updates for a little bit though while I'm attempting to make the interface a little easier to navigate....

altoncustomtech
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Bump......

No one..... No comments.... No problems to report???

RMF419
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I am having a hell of a time with it. My Golden numbers are totally different from my custom enclosure numbers. Which size should I use for the box. In the notes it seems as if I should used the Golden numbers to build the box.

snb778
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
that's f-kin bad as=s

altoncustomtech
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
I am having a hell of a time with it. My Golden numbers are totally different from my custom enclosure numbers. Which size should I use for the box. In the notes it seems as if I should used the Golden numbers to build the box.

Are you entering the same dimensions as the Golden Box into the Custom Enclosure dimensions?? If so the 2 or 3 thousandths of an inch difference isn't enough to cause any problems, anything you use to measure your cuts with will be much farther off than that. Otherwise, yes the Golden numbers will ALWAYS be different than the Custom Numbers, the Golden numbers are calculated for you, the Custom Numbers are mostly entered by you. If you can fit the Golden Numbers box into your vehicle then do so, that configuration is basically an "Acoustically Perfect" box. If you can't fit it then use two of your maximum dimensions and it will give you the third one, for example, if you have a trunk with a max width of 36" and max height of 19" like my brothers car, and you're looking for a 8cuft box (like he is for his SSD 18) then it will tell you how deep the box will need to be for whatever port size and configuration it is that you choose. It's all really just as easy as that, then just go to the tab for the box type you're figuring for and print the cutout dimensions. I'm working on streamlining the interface of the program to make all this stuff much easier to work with.

RMF419
09-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Are you entering the same dimensions as the Golden Box into the Custom Enclosure dimensions?? If so the 2 or 3 thousandths of an inch difference isn't enough to cause any problems, anything you use to measure your cuts with will be much farther off than that. Otherwise, yes the Golden numbers will ALWAYS be different than the Custom Numbers, the Golden numbers are calculated for you, the Custom Numbers are mostly entered by you. If you can fit the Golden Numbers box into your vehicle then do so, that configuration is basically an "Acoustically Perfect" box. If you can't fit it then use two of your maximum dimensions and it will give you the third one, for example, if you have a trunk with a max width of 36" and max height of 19" like my brothers car, and you're looking for a 8cuft box (like he is for his SSD 18) then it will tell you how deep the box will need to be for whatever port size and configuration it is that you choose. It's all really just as easy as that, then just go to the tab for the box type you're figuring for and print the cutout dimensions. I'm working on streamlining the interface of the program to make all this stuff much easier to work with.
Thanks, I have it now...

altoncustomtech
09-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Okay, since no one else is telling any tales one whether or not they've used the program for actually building any boxes and discussing how they've turned out I'll be the first to do so..... first of all my buildlog is here: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6562175#post6562175. The box will be 5.65cuft total, 4.2 after all displacements. The port is 15.5x3.75 and 24" long tuning to 32Hz. Here's some screenshots of the design on the program.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac98/altoncustomtech/BuildLog/mainscreenshot.jpg

If you notice here, I used a port area of 13.92sq.in. One of the beautiful parts of the program is that you can instantly see changes when you want to try something. The enclosure is good with 12 to 16sq.in. of port area per cubic foot of size for these subs. I adjusted the area of the port so that I could get good even numbers for the dimensions of the enclosure and its right in the middle of the recommended size.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac98/altoncustomtech/BuildLog/cutoutscreenshot.jpg

Here you can see the given # for the port width is 3.772", I rounded this down to 3.75" as 22 thousandths of an inch difference will not really be noticable, besides the port wall length was shortened slightly which should get the tuning back to square. Otherwise as you can see all the rest of the numbers are nice, even, easy to measure and cut which makes this program REALLY handy.

There's mine, post yours.. I'll have the box done this week I hope and I'll give a good review on how well it works out. Thanks for following along.

lostdaytomorrow
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Program is nice, but the little box over on the right that has the GOOD under it, and then the box on the bottom left both have spots for the two dimensions, i don't understand why

liljojo4711
09-14-2009, 11:57 PM
is it possible to make add a tab that lets u build a box that isnt square or rectangular? something like this:

http://i27.tinypic.com/4ujsqf.jpg

altoncustomtech
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Program is nice, but the little box over on the right that has the GOOD under it, and then the box on the bottom left both have spots for the two dimensions, i don't understand why

The "GOOD" display there I put in there originally as a checks and balances system to be sure that the math was adding up. As I said before I'm in the process of rebuilding the layout of the program and this will be gone, however, it WILL still tell you when you enter something wrong like putting numbers in all 3 dimension boxes since in almost all cases the resulting volume will be incorrect compared to what you said you needed to start with.

is it possible to make add a tab that lets u build a box that isnt square or rectangular? something like this:

http://i27.tinypic.com/4ujsqf.jpg

Yes, it's entirely possible..... I've been working on making the math work out for building those style enclosures, still working out the kinks though....

So hang in there guys, there will be some great new changes coming to this thing that will address alot of the issues, just like these...

JBGabriel
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Played around alittle bit and it looks like it works good to me. For free you cant beat it

lostdaytomorrow
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
How about the gross volume calculation in the bottom left box? Is that gross minus port area displacement or the total gross? I used the external dimensions and calculated the gross and it was about a cube bigger than the gross is the program.

liljojo4711
09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
The "GOOD" display there I put in there originally as a checks and balances system to be sure that the math was adding up. As I said before I'm in the process of rebuilding the layout of the program and this will be gone, however, it WILL still tell you when you enter something wrong like putting numbers in all 3 dimension boxes since in almost all cases the resulting volume will be incorrect compared to what you said you needed to start with.

Yes, it's entirely possible..... I've been working on making the math work out for building those style enclosures, still working out the kinks though....

So hang in there guys, there will be some great new changes coming to this thing that will address alot of the issues, just like these...

ok cool, thanks. my trunk is a very weird shaped and slopes on top of being weird lol. **** convertibles.

altoncustomtech
09-16-2009, 08:57 AM
How about the gross volume calculation in the bottom left box? Is that gross minus port area displacement or the total gross? I used the external dimensions and calculated the gross and it was about a cube bigger than the gross is the program.

The gross is the TOTAL gross volume, that's subwoofer displacement and port displacement including port wall as well which has to be added in too, plus you can't make a TOTAL gross volume calculation using the EXTERNAL dimensions.

lostdaytomorrow
09-16-2009, 10:15 AM
The gross is the TOTAL gross volume, that's subwoofer displacement and port displacement including port wall as well which has to be added in too, plus you can't make a TOTAL gross volume calculation using the EXTERNAL dimensions.
I thought total gross volume would include the wood as well... But I see what you mean, thanks for the clarification. I like the program, works very well.

altoncustomtech
09-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Bumping the Thread....

liljojo4711
09-20-2009, 03:22 PM
any idea when the add on part for the weird shaped boxes will be ready?

altoncustomtech
09-20-2009, 04:01 PM
any idea when the add on part for the weird shaped boxes will be ready?

Between building the enclosure for my new Q's, installing the HU and speakers in my new/used 2001 Jimmy I've not had a lot of spare time to work on the sheet..... I'll be out of town at a workshop for work this week though and I should have plenty of time back at the hotel room to work on it..... sooo.... by the end of the week maybe....

liljojo4711
09-20-2009, 04:21 PM
ok cool. not really in a huge rush so its all good.

altoncustomtech
09-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Honestly, I am..... I'd love to have this thing fully functional and ready to calculate enclosures of every shape & size, configuration and more.... I wish I had more time to dedicate to making it work for everyone for every situation... No one (to my knowledge) has tried to make a program that does all that this one is trying to do and my final goal is to have it do EVERYTHING.

altoncustomtech
09-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Since we're getting a lot of posts away from the file links I'm going to post the links up again so that no one who's new to this has to go so far back to get to them to download.

Here's the link for the standard version:http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3mymgzmhkd/Box Calculator.xls

For those who hate working with uneven "thousandths" of inches, here's a link to the version with fractions. At this time Excel can only round to one fraction at a time so all numbers are in 16ths of an inch, this means that .5 (1/2) inch will look like 8/16. Anyways the link to that one is here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0odkgiimgo/Box Calculator - Fractions.xls

prototype561
09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
what does it mean when i get a negative number for 2nd port wall of the port?

altoncustomtech
09-22-2009, 08:27 PM
what does it mean when i get a negative number for 2nd port wall of the port?

Just means that your port is shorter than it needs to be for a turn.... just disregard the neg number.... The new version won't have that issue...

prototype561
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Just means that your port is shorter than it needs to be for a turn.... just disregard the neg number.... The new version won't have that issue...
ok thanks, back to building

altoncustomtech
09-26-2009, 09:57 PM
UPDATE....

The new sheet is coming along well, I've removed the "Golden Numbers" enclosures. Along with the rectangular style custom enclosures like before it has design parameters for WEDGE shaped enclosures as well with customizable angles for the front to match up to any angle you want such as the back of your back seat. I have even added a TUBE enclosure for the person who occasionally builds them, I did it cuz it was easy to add and would make that particular calculation much faster. Right now I'm also adding a sheet with a box size calculator for those who have the BASIC theile/small parameters and are looking for a volume suggestion. Another addition is buttons at the top to make changing from the calculator's to the cut sheets a simple click and finally a HELP sheet at the end to hopefully answer some FAQ's when using the sheet. That's about it, lots of changes, some tighter calculations, and I'm trying to add more of the more common designs. If anyone has ANY suggestions for things they'd like to see in the program PLEASE let me know, it's impossible to build something to suit the majority needs if I don't know what the needs are.

halfwaytohell
09-26-2009, 09:57 PM
hmm

liljojo4711
09-26-2009, 10:59 PM
nice. im needing that wedge ;).

altoncustomtech
10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Just an update and bumping the thread...... The new sheet is coming along OK.... Still working out bugs on the cut sheets for the wedge shaped boxes.... don't worry I'm on it!

lostdaytomorrow
10-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Works great man.

altoncustomtech
10-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Works great man.

Any chance you've built a box by it yet?? I have mine built but haven't had a chance to test it yet as work has had me tied up...

Joebobclark
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Works great! I just used this sheet to design/build a 1.8 cft @34hz for my 2 HX2 8's, sounds awesome!!

altoncustomtech
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Works great! I just used this sheet to design/build a 1.8 cft @34hz for my 2 HX2 8's, sounds awesome!!

Now that's helpful! Thanks for letting me know!

I've been quite worried since no one else has posted anything about their exploits with it. I have my box built but haven't had time to finish it so I've still not gotten to hear my Q's yet :(

That's great to hear, I'm really glad to know it's working well, now all I have to do is find the time to get the new one completed and we'll all be the happier...

rpfuror
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
honestly... I build a very similar application ~4 year back in excel..

Your math seems to be good, but the usability is difficult (I had a hard time figuring out how to use it, let alone get it to spit out what I was looking for). When I did however, like I stated, the math was good.

I dug up the app I wrote... it looks like the following...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/rpfuror/main.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/rpfuror/main1.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/rpfuror/main2.jpg

if you want to merge them.. or some input on formatting... let me know

altoncustomtech
10-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Damm... looks quite nice.......

yeah the old version can be difficult to navigate, the new one should be much easier for everyone to move through.... I like the cleanliness of your sheet, it's cut dry and to the point.... Having the addition of the ability to input 2 given dimensions on my sheet adds to the clutter I think, but it makes changing box parameters very nice indeed and takes the guess work out of what it takes to fit the vehicle...

I appreciate the offer... Let me get the next version out for everyone to play with and we'll see what needs done after that.... Thanks too for verifying the math!

ironchef b
10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
So is the link you provided in post #1 the updated version of the calculator??

altoncustomtech
10-13-2009, 11:31 PM
No....... the new version is not posted up yet, I'll start a new thread when I do. The new version looks only a little like the old one as far as the BASIC format, it is laid out better and easier to navigate between the tabs, with added box shapes and such.

mikebruno
10-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey, I registered just so I could post here. lol

I DL'ed the program, but I keep having my blue numbers in the box calc. page read, "#DIV/0!

I have all red areas filled in and my status is, "GOOD". What am I doing wrong?

woofercooker
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM

I DL'ed the program, but I keep having my blue numbers in the box calc. page read, "#DIV/0!

where in 585 are you from? I have the same name in the same area.... wierd...

mikebruno
10-14-2009, 12:22 PM
West of Rochester. You know the Chili area?

EDIT * Tell me you're Mike from Wegmans...

woofercooker
10-14-2009, 12:26 PM
West of Rochester. You know the Chili area?

EDIT * Tell me you're Mike from Wegmans...

... perhaps... :D

mikebruno
10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, this is little Mike Bruno. hahaha I finally decided to make a new box for my sub. haha

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Can i plug T/S spex into this and it tell me what box i need.

badvlvo
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I haven't finished my latest box but I used this calculator and used the 'golden' spec. I should know how it sounds next week.

altoncustomtech
10-16-2009, 02:29 AM

If you can get me a screen shot i'll be able to help alot more..... but when it comes to the custom enclosure calculator only 2 numbers should be filled in, it calculates the third one for you, that could be the problem if that's the case..... its late and i'm having a hard time thinking or recreating the problem... but it's for sure if you can shoot me a screen shot I can most likely identify the problem....

altoncustomtech
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Haven't bumped this in quite awhile... I've finally found the formula I was looking for for the Wedge shaped boxes so the next version will be posted right after I get the amp rack and box done in the van (work is such a pain!)...