PDA

View Full Version : Help me! AVH-P4100 practical questions

vegetaleb
07-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Hello!
I have the AVH-P4100 since April but I still need some clarifications:
-How the heck do you list from A to Z your MP3 on an external USB key?? They are correct on the external memory but the Pioneer doesnt seem to understand alphabet and so songs are listed beginning from 04 or 03 instead of 01 in a Album folder!!
-I didnt like the sound quality of the Ipod Touch on this Pioneer,investing in another MP3 player like a Sony or Samsung which have in normal use far better sound reproduction than Ipods would be better? In another words,is the Pioneer AVH-P4100 limited by the Ipod internal sound reproduction or it will treat mp3 in the Ipod the same way it treats them with any other MP3 player?

nineball
07-17-2009, 12:20 PM
1. you will never get them to play in the normal order unless you add a number to each track, like 01trackname, 02trackname, etc. they are automatically sorted into alphabetical order. the only thing i have owned that will play them in album order is my iphone.

2. most headunits use their own DAC so changing the player should not change the sq really.

bugeyed
07-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Snip

2. most headunits use their own DAC so changing the player should not change the sq really.

If you are using the headphone out on the MP3 player the signal is already analog & therefore the player WILL make a difference in SQ. If you use the line outs I am not sure if it is digital or just line level analog.

nineball
07-27-2009, 01:26 AM
If you are using the headphone out on the MP3 player the signal is already analog & therefore the player WILL make a difference in SQ. If you use the line outs I am not sure if it is digital or just line level analog.

the op asked about usb compatibility, not headphone. it should be obvious if using a 3.5mm jack that the dac has been completed.