PDA

View Full Version : DTBROWN fix this issue!

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I bought four Polk Audio mids from him on his most recent thread. One of them has a frozen cone and only plays high frequencies. When I got them, they were dusty, so I wiped them down. When I did that, I noticed one of them had a frozen cone on it, so I put a meter on it, I was surprised that it ohm'd out fine, so I decided to test it. Well, it plays only high frequencies. There is no cone movement at all. I tested all four of them on the same channel, full pass, and played the same song each time. Three mids work fine, just the one has issues. I pm'd him and let him know and he told me it should work fine and to test it some more and get back with him. I did that and he logged on today but didn't return my pm's. I might be jumping the gun a little bit, but the fact that he logged on and didn't return my pm's when he knows there is an unresolved issue really pisses me off. So I'm posting this thread on my gut instinct that he's dodging me. I made him a very fair offer...I paid 130 for the four mids. I told him refund me 60 and I will pay the shipping for one pair back to him. Since he didn't respond today, I opened a Paypal dispute. I don't think he honestly knew the mid was bad, but avoiding the issue is not the right answer. I will update when I receive a response from him either here or through Paypal.

revrider1
07-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Hmm...

mlstrass
07-17-2009, 12:37 AM
he seems like a straight up guy, so you might have jumped the gun...

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 12:39 AM
he seems like a straight up guy, so you might have jumped the gun...

I mentioned that...I don't like the fact that he dodged me today, that's why I posted this thread. I'm trying to motivate him to fix this issue. I don't like being put off. I don't think anybody does.

hunterw
07-17-2009, 12:40 AM
maybe the magnet shifted during shipping and thats why it has the correct impendence but no movement

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 12:43 AM
maybe the magnet shifted during shipping and thats why it has the correct impendence but no movement

Possibly, but no way of telling. They were shipped loosely in the box. You could hear the grills and the mids clanging together when you picked the box up. But again, if that is the case, it is still his issue to resolve it. You can throw anything I pack up for shipping off a building and it wouldn't get damaged.

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Like I say, I'm not slamming the guy (yet). A response would have eliminated any doubt that he is going to do the right thing---it's not cool to leave someone hanging when there's an unresolved issue at hand.

loudmofo
07-17-2009, 01:10 AM
i say your jumping the gun jeff is good people he will work it out

etznova
07-17-2009, 01:14 AM
he make things right with you when i bought a Z1 off him if fried upon setting the gain he paid for the repair. I'm sure he'll speak to you about it, he won't leave you hangin, he might of been on a work computer earlier.

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 08:14 AM
He offered me 47.50 after I ship FIRST. I think it's a really crappy offer when I paid 130 for both pairs. He should pay me half--65--and he should cover return shipping. But whatever. I told him I'll accept, but he needs to refund me first. I think that's way more than fair. We will see what he says. At least he's back communicating with me, so that's a good sign.

skmfkr
07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
keep it to pm's

etznova
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
He offered me 47.50 after I ship FIRST. I think it's a really crappy offer when I paid 130 for both pairs. He should pay me half--65--and he should cover return shipping. But whatever. I told him I'll accept, but he needs to refund me first. I think that's way more than fair. We will see what he says. At least he's back communicating with me, so that's a good sign.

well you are still a fairly new member here on the forum so i would have asked for you to ship first two. Not to mention if you had bought the new from an online retailer they would have told you the same thing.

jco1385
07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
strange... i bought a pair of polk mids from a guy here when i first joined. when i got them, one was frozen, but would still play upper freqs....

:confused:

edit: not the same guy though

TurdFergueson2
07-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I mentioned that...I don't like the fact that he dodged me today, that's why I posted this thread. I'm trying to motivate him to fix this issue. I don't like being put off. I don't think anybody does.

If you check my status it shows that I'm always on. I leave the site up on my work computer and I might log in every now and then at home. Could be a situation like that.

And filing a paypal dispute is not "motivation" Do you have any proof other than your word that the speaker is not hitting? a short vid or something? Just asking.

NightDrifter05
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM

With you being new I doubt anyone would refund you without getting the product back and verifying everything you say. Not saying that you would try to rip him off or anything like that but you can look through the bad feedback and see all the scamming that's been going on here recently. If you don't want to ship first without some kind of refund maybe see if he will refund you half now then you ship and the other half upon him receiving the item. I also think he should pay half plus shipping as well but I guess it's really all up to him in the end. He sound's like a legit guy so I'm sure everything is going to work out in the end.

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 04:30 PM
well you are still a fairly new member here on the forum so i would have asked for you to ship first two. Not to mention if you had bought the new from an online retailer they would have told you the same thing.

I wouldn't have minded shipping first if he was refunding me HALF of what I paid. That would have been fair, but that's not what he offered.

As of now the deal is that I will close the dispute (which I did), and he will refund me $50. Then I will ship him the pair of mids back. I will only be down 15 bucks from what I think is right, but if that's all I've lost then I will be happy.

grimreper912003
07-17-2009, 04:36 PM
This could have all been taken care of Via PM. Id be a little POed if someone was running my name through the mud for no reason. Sometime I check my PM;s on my phone but its hard to respond so I do it when I get to a computer. Ever think that was the case?

Johnny Law.Lulz
07-17-2009, 04:39 PM
lol Louisiana_CRX dodges pm's when your trying to trade **** with him lol. Some people dont notice they have a pm. Ive gone days before realizing i had some. Give him a lil bit.

jmanpc
07-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I'd say the magnet shifted and pinched the coil into place.

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 05:19 PM
This could have all been taken care of Via PM. Id be a little POed if someone was running my name through the mud for no reason. Sometime I check my PM;s on my phone but its hard to respond so I do it when I get to a computer. Ever think that was the case?

Um, I did pm him and he iggied it as far as I'm concerned. He knew there was an issue, so he knew to respond. He gets online later than I do so I usually get his pm's in the morning. I'm not dragging his name through the mud. And this thread is definitely NOT for no reason. I simply stated the facts. I made an agreement with him that will close this whole deal out. I'm still not happy about it...he is still getting over on me. But I can live with that if he holds up the agreement.

If the tables were turned, I wouldn't have a reason to be mad if the other person started a thread like this about me. He chose to dispute that the mid is not functioning, I have more than enough refs on this forum and ebay, etc, and he is the one who chose to not return my pm's.

fast306stang
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Furthermore, this thread was to document that there is an existing issue. I did that because I got the vibe that he was going to just dodge the whole issue. Not a good feeling. As long as he holds up his word, no harm done and it's forgotten.

Annnarbor84
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately sometimes you have to apply pressure to get things done. Dont know why it needs to come to that:rolleyes:

fast306stang
07-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Unfortunately sometimes you have to apply pressure to get things done. Dont know why it needs to come to that:rolleyes:

Exactly. I'm glad someone else gets it besides me. :veryhapp:

fast306stang
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Looks like he will keep his word on the agreement, so it's looking pretty good for right now. I was a little pissed in the beginning, but I'm happy for the moment...

fast306stang
07-19-2009, 11:49 PM
I received my refund of $50 today, so I will ship the pair of mids back tomorrow if I'm able (I have a class after work) or Tuesday at the latest and will provide a tracking number upon shipping. So he held up his end of the bargain...I'm happy. /thread

bumpin buick
07-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Jeff is a good guy, he was never going to screw you over man, his repuation is worth way more then a set of $50 mids. No offense to the OP but I dont really think this thread needed to be made, im sure he would have taken care of you without it.

Corey J.
07-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Jeff may be one of the most straight forward guys ive ever been around ! If its his issue , he will make it right !

fast306stang
07-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Jeff is a good guy, he was never going to screw you over man, his repuation is worth way more then a set of $50 mids. No offense to the OP but I dont really think this thread needed to be made, im sure he would have taken care of you without it.

if he's as good a guy as you say he is, he would have paid me HALF and he would have paid for return shipping, and he wouldn't have given me a bunch of crap about it in the beginning. But we see that's not how it went down, don't we? Nevertheless, we made an agreement, and he did do what he said he would, so it's a done deal now and I'm ok with it.

Corey J.
07-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Edit !

fast306stang
07-19-2009, 11:59 PM

mihklo
07-21-2009, 12:08 PM
you're still kinda getting screwed imo, getting only $50 then having to pay to ship them back your really not even getting $50.

bumpin buick
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Lets lay down the facts:
Did he intentionally screw you over? NO
Has he ignored you or blamed you? NO
Did he work with you to make the situation better? YES
Did he keep his word? YES

The agreement you guys struck on how to fix the problem was not once sided, from what i got out of this... you guys came to that agreement by both agreeing to it? Unless I have something wrong Jeff did what anyone would do.

mihklo
07-21-2009, 12:27 PM
i am not saying jeff is a bad seller or anything in that nature, as seen from many people he seems like a great guy. but if i buy a product i expect to recieve it as it was described. i do understand that things happen in shipping all the time. but it is still up to the seller that the buyer recieves his product as described. yes they agreed upon a resolution (although i think the OP only agreed so because he was worried he wouldnt get anything back), but i still think he got screwed. he bought 2 pairs, 1 of the sets doesnt work as described therefore he should recieve half of his money back or a replacement item. as long as the OP can provide proof that the item is in fact defective if the seller wants the item returned then the seller should pay for the return shipping. i just dont feel that the buyer should be out any money at all. if it was in fact damaged in shipping then the seller should file a claim to recieve compensation for his losses.

bumpin buick
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
i am not saying jeff is a bad seller or anything in that nature, as seen from many people he seems like a great guy. but if i buy a product i expect to recieve it as it was described. i do understand that things happen in shipping all the time. but it is still up to the seller that the buyer recieves his product as described. yes they agreed upon a resolution (although i think the OP only agreed so because he was worried he wouldnt get anything back), but i still think he got screwed. he bought 2 pairs, 1 of the sets doesnt work as described therefore he should recieve half of his money back or a replacement item. as long as the OP can provide proof that the item is in fact defective if the seller wants the item returned then the seller should pay for the return shipping. i just dont feel that the buyer should be out any money at all. if it was in fact damaged in shipping then the seller should file a claim to recieve compensation for his losses.

I totally understand where your coming from, but if that was the case that the OP feels he is still being ripped off, then he should not have settled. I just figured that if they found the even grounds and settled it should be a done matter, even if hes only getting back 45% or what ever it may be

fast306stang
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM

You have hit the nail on the head, you have managed to sum up everything I've been trying to say all along. I felt like I had to agree to his terms b/c I felt like I was lucky to even get offered the 50 bucks. Hell, it was originally 48.50, but he bumped it up just to be nice I guess. Maybe some people think I shouldn't complain b/c I did agree to it, but I orginally offered to pay shipping if he would refund me 60 bucks, I think that was more than FAIR. He disputed that they were damaged and then offered the 48.50 so I jumped on it b/c I felt like it was that or nothing. Also to those who keep asking, I could have shown proof that the mid was damaged, but the conversation never got to that point.

Everyone says he's such a great seller...but I got 50 bucks--minus Paypal fees--and have to pay shipping, how fair is that? He might be a great seller when nothing goes wrong, but BUYER BEWARE should problems arise b/c he is obviously going to come out on top.

And to be honest, at this point it's not even about the money. It's about being an honest and good seller.

fast306stang
07-21-2009, 05:02 PM
...Jeff did what anyone would do.

What's that, make a lowball offer on the return of your faulty items so the buyer takes the hit? I paid 130, I got back 50, and I have to pay about 15 to ship it back. Do the math--I got back 35, meaning I paid 95 bucks for a pair of good mids that I can no longer use since I need 4 and can't get another pair. But anyone would do that, according to you??? I sure as HELL wouldn't do that to any of my buyers...

Beerdrnkr
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Jeff is a good guy and I bought a stetsom for like $700 a while back from him but IMO I do think half plus him paying for return shipping would have been fair.

bumpin buick
07-21-2009, 05:20 PM
What's that, make a lowball offer on the return of your faulty items so the buyer takes the hit? I paid 130, I got back 50, and I have to pay about 15 to ship it back. Do the math--I got back 35, meaning I paid 95 bucks for a pair of good mids that I can no longer use since I need 4 and can't get another pair. But anyone would do that, according to you??? I sure as HELL wouldn't do that to any of my buyers...

Im not arguing that but if thats the case you felt ripped off you should have filed a dispute/ or kept it filed, or worked out a better deal. You settled at $50... that was your choice. I know you werent sure if youd see more or not but that is not up to you to worry about, you should have agreed on half (as I agree with you that is fair) and then gone from there.

fast306stang
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Im not arguing that but if thats the case you felt ripped off you should have filed a dispute/ or kept it filed, or worked out a better deal. You settled at $50... that was your choice. I know you werent sure if youd see more or not but that is not up to you to worry about, you should have agreed on half (as I agree with you that is fair) and then gone from there.

I already KNEW the offer wasn't going to get any better. I started the offer at 60 and I would be nice and pay shipping, he said he would only pay 48.50. I didn't feel like there was much choice other than to accept. So I made the agreement.

dtbrown
07-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Wow didn't see this nor did I expect this. Here is my side.

I sold 4 momo 6.5" drivers and after ppl fees and shipping total was $100. You recieved the drivers and installed them and contacted me saying that one driver was reading right impedance and producing sound but not low range frequencies.

I then provided multiple forms of trouble shooting as I do with anyone regardless if they buy gear from me or just need help. Then you finished trouble shooting and sent me a message saying it still didn't work and that you wanted $60 and you would cover shipping for the bad momo and one good one.

Then before I had a chance to respond because I don't live on the forums you filed a dispute via paypal for $60. With in the 24 hours of the dispute and the pm I responded with what I though was fair which ended up being $50 or half after total expenses.

And this is all being that you tested the speaker and it's not functional and taking your word on this which seems very resonable. And we tested them prior to being shipped and they where functional. But it's totally possible something happened in shipping or durring installation.

Point being this never needed to be put into a thread and issue was resolved and money was refunded. Now we're just waiting to recieve the speakers back.

fast306stang
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow didn't see this nor did I expect this. Here is my side.

I sold 4 momo 6.5" drivers and after ppl fees and shipping total was $100. You recieved the drivers and installed them and contacted me saying that one driver was reading right impedance and producing sound but not low range frequencies.

I then provided multiple forms of trouble shooting as I do with anyone regardless if they buy gear from me or just need help. Then you finished trouble shooting and sent me a message saying it still didn't work and that you wanted $60 and you would cover shipping for the bad momo and one good one.

Then before I had a chance to respond because I don't live on the forums you filed a dispute via paypal for $60. With in the 24 hours of the dispute and the pm I responded with what I though was fair which ended up being $50 or half after total expenses.

And this is all being that you tested the speaker and it's not functional and taking your word on this which seems very resonable. And we tested them prior to being shipped and they where functional. But it's totally possible something happened in shipping or durring installation.

Point being this never needed to be put into a thread and issue was resolved and money was refunded. Now we're just waiting to recieve the speakers back.

The shipping total WAS NOT 100! I paid you 130 total. Therefore 65 would have been half, NOT 50. I could have easily showed you proof that it wasn't working properly, you never asked for it. And I never told you I installed them. I noticed one mid had a frozen cone when I was cleaning them off because they were shipped with a good layer of dust on them. I checked the impedence, and it read good, so I hooked all of them up to the same channel of the amp to test them. The other three tested fine, this one in particular, did not.

All the while me and you both conversed through pm and you ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL responded within 24 hours. When I told you about the mid, you responded, I tested again and sent another pm...that one did not get a response, so you can see where I thought you were bailing on me. Especially after you basically told me there was no way in hell that a speaker will have the correct impedence and not play properly, which everyone else seems to know is a bunch of BS. I stand by this thread. You definitely got over on me and made no effort to make it fair, although you did offer a PARTIAL refund and I covered shipping. I DID agree to it b/c I felt like you were not going to make any other offer, it was that or nothing.

mihklo
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I totally understand where your coming from, but if that was the case that the OP feels he is still being ripped off, then he should not have settled. I just figured that if they found the even grounds and settled it should be a done matter, even if hes only getting back 45% or what ever it may be

i totally agree that he should not have settled on the deal even if it were out of desperation that he felt that was the only compensation that he would get. and from the sound of it from dtbrowns post i think it is safe to say that he was only going to give up 50. even if he kept the paypal claim open, the seller had shipping information showing the buyer recieving the product which would pretty much automatically rule in the sellers favor.

i still think the OP got screwed. the buying agreement was 130 shipped.......which means he paid 130 for 2 sets of functional speakers. as the seller agreeing to that you are agreeing to take the hit for shipping and paypal fees, and to ensure that the buyer recieves what he paid for. if the items were damaged in shipping or not, it should still be up to the seller to make things right. if everything was packaged properly then file a claim with the shipping company. but in the meantime the buyer should recieve fair compensation. fair would have been half of the payed amount since half of what was paid was not functional. i think the buyer offering to accept 60 and pay shipping was gracious to try and resolve the issue even though he would still be losing out.

to me its really amazing that a "good" seller would want any sort of black marks on his record all over a measely 10-15 bucks.

ultimately this is the best times (although unfortunate) to really see what type a seller one is. being fair and making things right when things happen is a truely great seller, and although it is only my opinion i think the seller is fally short here.

fast306stang
07-22-2009, 02:20 PM
even if he kept the paypal claim open, the seller had shipping information showing the buyer recieving the product which would pretty much automatically rule in the sellers favor.

this is the very reason I felt like I had no choice except to settle for the 50.

i think the buyer offering to accept 60 and pay shipping was gracious to try and resolve the issue even though he would still be losing out.

exactly. I was trying to be nice and give benefit of the doubt, I figured the damaged mid was an honest mistake or it got damaged in shipping. I was pretty shocked when it wasn't accepted and even moreso when the mid being damaged was vehemently disputed.

to me its really amazing that a "good" seller would want any sort of black marks on his record all over a measely 10-15 bucks.

ultimately this is the best times (although unfortunate) to really see what type a seller one is. being fair and making things right when things happen is a truely great seller, and although it is only my opinion i think the seller is fally short here.

Absolutely. He could have made a fair offer and I would have owed him an apology and I would have also looked like a complete ****tard on this forum. He would have looked like a generous seller and come out like a champ. Instead I stand by this thread and I will take the hit. Anyone who wants to do business with either of us can read this thread and make their own decision to continue a transaction with either of us.

bumpin buick
07-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Im third party to this so I will let Jeff take over and handle this with you, but just because he isn't on right now doesn't mean he is ignoring you or the situation hes a busy man and works a lot.
I hope you understand that I am not simply taking sides on this but letting you know how i feel it could have been handled.

fast306stang
07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Im third party to this so I will let Jeff take over and handle this with you, but just because he isn't on right now doesn't mean he is ignoring you or the situation hes a busy man and works a lot.
I hope you understand that I am not simply taking sides on this but letting you know how i feel it could have been handled.

End result=I got burned. I would have still posted this thread to let others know that in the event of an issue when buying from him, you will probably NOT get a fair refund.

Let's do the math...I paid 130, minus 50 for the refund. Then I paid 13.72 for return shipping. Meaning my refund for a pair of bad Momo's totals 36.28. Actually a little less since I'm not taking out the Paypal fees from the 50. Does something seem out of line here to you???

Macklessdaddy
07-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm riding with the op on this one.

fast306stang
07-23-2009, 06:28 PM
DTBROWN sent me a pm and offered up another $15. I think he's had a change of heart and he's doing good by stepping up to the plate. I am much happier since he offered this of his own free will. He could have just received the mids back and been done with it, but he is at least now making this right. Will update when money is received...

fast306stang
07-23-2009, 11:08 PM
$15 received through Paypal :)

vitveet
07-24-2009, 04:41 PM
:handclap::thumbupw::cuddle:!!!!
Way to work it out guys!

V.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 12:45 AM
seems like this soap opera will never end. I am posting the pm I received from him today and the response I pm'd back. Something is very definitely wrong here and it is not from me. I have been completely honest and open about every single thing I have ever mentioned on this thread. Either DTBROWN or his partner damaged that mid when he got it back. He posted a picture showing a split in the cone saying he received it that way, and I guarantee you it was not like that when I shipped it back out to him. And he's claiming that he can't file a shipping claim because I didn't insure it. Why the hell would I insure a pair of worthless mids??

He claims he packaged it well. This is how it was packaged...the bottom of the box was styrofoam, then a pair of speakers with the grills just laying on the speakers, then another piece of styrofoam, then another pair of speakers and grills, then another peice of styrofoam. This probably would have been fine if there wasn't a 3 or 4 inch air gap between the top peice of styrofoam and the top of the box. So everything was stacked loose in the box and you could hear the grills and the speakers clanging against each other.

I used shrink wrap to tightly bundle the speakers and the grills together so they couldn't move, then I used strapping tape around each speaker, several times around each so the shrink wrap wouldn't come undone and to also help hold the speaker/grill combo secure. I sandwiched the speakers between the two peices of styrofoam and then I used strapping tape around them again. Then I cut the box down to make it all tight and secure, and then I used strapping tape around the box horizontally and then vertically in several diferent places so that the box would not become structurally compromised. There is no way that the speaker cone was damaged in return shipping to the seller unless the whole box was punctured and if that would have been the case, it would have been way more than obvious to MR. DTBROWN, or whoever it was that received and opened it. Instead he is claiming that I received the mid with a split cone on it and shipped it back to him that way, and that is absolutely 110% NOT TRUE. If I had seen that split in the cone---how the **** could I have missed it???---I wouldn't have even tested the **** thing, I would have contacted him IMMEDIATELY!!!

What I'm about to explain isn't me complaining but explaining how this should have been handled by you and to help you with future purchases on line.

It is very clear that the speaker was damaged during shipping to you and this is assuming not damaged by you and giving you the benefit of the doubt. Even though it was packaged very well from my side it's obvious that something crushed the package and slammed the cone and coil and damaged the cone and coil. And that's why it read fine impedance wise but didn't work. I've included pictured of what the speakers looked like before we shipped and what we got back from you.

Point being is this should have been a claim with Fedex and not my responsibility that's why we insured them. And since you didn't include insurance back I can't make a claim for the damage.

In the end I'm glad you're happy and it worked out for you. But this should have recognized this damage via shipping right away. So next time when you get something with insurance and it's damaged by shipping making a claim is the correct step.

Thanks,

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/dtbrown1978/tweeter-1-1.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/dtbrown1978/momo.jpg

I don't have any idea why you're going to pm me with lies. Number one, it wasn't obvious that it was damaged in shipping, there was no obvious damage to the box or to the speaker. And it was NOT packaged well when you shipped it to me, I mentioned that in the thread. The speakers were sandwiched loosely with the grills between pieces of styrofoam. I could hear the grills clanging against the speakers when I picked up the box. The only thing that was physically wrong was the cone was frozen. Who is to say that it was damaged in shipping?

Your picture of the damaged cone with the split in it is NOT how it arrived here, and I GUARANTEE it did NOT arrive to you like that either. I wrapped the grill and the speaker tightly together where neither one could move at all and I used shrink wrap for that purpose. Then I used strapping tape and went around the shrink wrap very tightly for extra insurance that they would not and could not move. Then I sandwiched them between the styrofoam and used strapping tape around that so they couldn't move either. Then I cut down the box and used strapping tape again so the box couldn't come apart during shipping. This makes for a completely tight and rattle free package that can survive being drop kicked by King Kong. Unless something punctured the box and went through the grill and punctured the cone (VERY UNLIKELY wouldn't you say?) then it did not arrive to you in that condition. I'm assuming either you or whoever opened the box punctured that cone to try and make a shipping claim.

You never mentioned that you even had insurance on shipping to me until now. Funny how that is. My packaging was 100 times better than yours, I know my package would survive being dropped. Honestly I didn't think to insure it on the way back to you because they weren't worth much, how could you even make a shipping claim when the product was already damaged?

You keep referring to yourself as "we," so I am assuming that you have a partner. You might want to have a talk with your other person, because that person physically damaged that cone like that when they opened the box. Because with GOD as my witness, there is NO WAY IN HELL that cone got damaged in return shipping to you unless the whole box was punctured. If that is the case, and you were the one who opened it, you would know **** good and well that is what happened and you would not have sent this particular pm claiming that it was damaged in shipping TO ME. So the point is that somebody is MOST ASSUREDLY lying here and it's not me. So either you are, or your partner is. Everyone on the forums seems to think you're a standup guy, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say if it's not you, that only leaves whoever your partner or partners are and you definitely need to watch your back because they are going to drive your business under if they continue to operate in this manner.

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 12:49 AM
you seem like a ****** buyer that crys over everything i would never deal with the op here you got your money now stfu.

bumpin buick
07-29-2009, 12:55 AM
you seem like a ****** buyer that crys over everything i would never deal with the op here you got your money now stfu.

Amen to that brotha

Jeff fixed the problem, you got your money back. Get over it man.

I agree I would never work with this OP but have no problems with ever having a transaction with Jeff, he even proved right here, he will take a loss to make a customer happy, even though you still are not.

tapout
07-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Northside fewl

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 01:05 AM
to the two idiots above me,does this guy seem like he did something wrong because he is explaining his side of the story(crying to you guys)I dont give a fucc if dtbrown and you guys had a good transaction,he should be in here explaining himself and not messaging behind the scenes,you fuccing kids I tell ya.

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 01:09 AM
to the two idiots above me,does this guy seem like he did something wrong because he is explaining his side of the story(crying to you guys)I dont give a fucc if dtbrown and you guys had a good transaction,he should be in here explaining himself and not messaging behind the scenes,you fuccing kids I tell ya.

guess thats 2 people im not dealing with that **** at life i know how to fix deals when people arnt happy but this guy seems like hes the scammer that damaged the speaker in the 1st place take that for what its worth kids that think they need to cry over everything on ca.com:crying:

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm riding with the op on this one.

sounds like you like riding the op's nuts.

dtbrown
07-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Again posting things that don't need to be on line. I won't even bother replying to you via pm then since you like to keep this on the forums. This is the last I'll talk about this matter. And from here out you won't hear anything from me again regardless of peoples thoughts of either side be it good or bad.

All I was saying is that I sent you the comparison picture assuming they where damage in shipping to you. When they arrived to me when I opened the package the speaker was cracked and there was no obvious damage to the package on my side. Only reason why I sent you a pm was to follow up and show you that this was an issue that could have been resolved via fedex because the speakers where insured.

But because you where looking for more of an immediate resolution we refunded half of the payment after the already known disagreement. My intention was not to make you seem wrong but to tell you how the situation could have been handled differently. Regardless of how the cone got cracked it arrived to us cracked. But more importantly the coil was still smashed and speaker still didn't work when it arrived to you so a claim could have still been filed with fedex. And that is the point I was trying to make.

As for knowing if it was insured I never brought it up because you never mention damage via shipping. Regardless of the cracked cone I think the speaker had obvious damage that should have been recognized and addressed.

Again my point being is that this could have been handled differently but still the resolved and you where satisfied.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm not crying over a **** thing. I'm showing that DTBROWN is obvisouly interested in trying to justify himself to make him feel better about trying to burn someone on a sale, and then trying to unsucessfully burn FedEx when he got the mid back. If you guys think he's so ****ing great, then you're a fool for dealing with him because when you get damaged product from him, you will get screwed. I don't give a **** about the money, you guys need to be aware that either JEFF or whoever his partner is, is crooked. Just a headsup to those who are interested in dealing only with standup individuals, since this person obviously is not.

Corpserodeo666
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm sorry I've been on this site for over 5 years now and I haven't seen any one **** there pants over 30 dollars like you (fast306stang). All I'm saying is that I saw the speakers before they left, while they were tested and after we got them back. I'm going to say it is a shipping error but just to blow this worthless **** over. I know for 100% that the speaker had zero chance of being busted when it got in to your hands.

All I know is what’s done is done and I think we should just wrap this up. I also have a 6K+ ebay score with a 99.8% positive feedback to back up my statements. And I've been selling stuff online for close to ten years and this is one of the worst ones, I've seen for such a small sum. Something like this could have been resolved in one PM or e-mail.

This is just my .02 and I will be leaving this as is. Thank You.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Again posting things that don't need to be on line. I won't even bother replying to you via pm then since you like to keep this on the forums. This is the last I'll talk about this matter. And from here out you won't hear anything from me again regardless of peoples thoughts of either side be it good or bad.

All I was saying is that I sent you the comparison picture assuming they where damage in shipping to you. When they arrived to me when I opened the package the speaker was cracked and there was no obvious damage to the package on my side. Only reason why I sent you a pm was to follow up and show you that this was an issue that could have been resolved via fedex because the speakers where insured.

But because you where looking for more of an immediate resolution we refunded half of the payment after the already known disagreement. My intention was not to make you seem wrong but to tell you how the situation could have been handled differently. Regardless of how the cone got cracked it arrived to us cracked. But more importantly the coil was still smashed and speaker still didn't work when it arrived to you so a claim could have still been filed with fedex. And that is the point I was trying to make.

As for knowing if it was insured I never brought it up because you never mention damage via shipping. Regardless of the cracked cone the I think the speaker had obvious damage that should have been recognized and addressed.

Again my point being is that this could have been handled differently but still the resolved and you where satisfied.

Don't you think I would have noticed a cracked cone??? It wasn't cracked when it was received here, and trust me, it wasn't like that when you received it either.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm sorry I've been on this site for over 5 years now and I haven't seen any one **** there pants over 30 dollars like you (fast306stang). All I'm saying is that I saw the speakers before they left, while they were tested and after we got them back. I'm going to say it is a shipping error but just to blow this worthless **** over. I know for 100% that the speaker had zero chance of being busted when it got in to your hands.

All I know is whatís done is done and I think we should just wrap this up. I also have a 6K+ ebay score with a 99.8% positive feedback to back up my statements. And I've been selling stuff online for close to ten years and this is one of the worst ones, I've seen for such a small sum. Something like this could have been resolved in one PM or e-mail.

This is just my .02 and I will be leaving this as is. Thank You.

You're full of **** if you think it couldn't have been busted through shipping with his ****** *** packaging. I've also sold stuff online for over 10 years, what's that ****ing prove? Also, I'm not out 30 bucks, I'm out 130 because I have a pair of mids, the other good pair remember, that I can't ****ing use because the 1st pair got ****ed up.

etznova
07-29-2009, 01:27 AM
wow you seriously think Jeff tried to scam you wow

I must say you are making yourself look like a complete ***

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Furthermore, It COULD have been resolved in one pm, I agree. I SENT THAT ONE PM AND MADE A GENEROUS AND FAIR OFFER, DTBROWN TURNED IT DOWN. That's how this thread came about. So I don't want to hear about it should have been taken care of through pm, you can talk to DTBROWN about that because I tried that first to no avail.

etznova
07-29-2009, 01:29 AM
You're full of **** if you think it couldn't have been busted through shipping with his ****** *** packaging. I've also sold stuff online for over 10 years, what's that ****ing prove? Also, I'm not out 30 bucks, I'm out 130 because I have a pair of mids, the other good pair remember, that I can't ****ing use because the 1st pair got ****ed up.

well then you really not out the money then if you have a good set of mids

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:30 AM
wow you seriously think Jeff tried to scam you wow

I must say you are making yourself look like a complete ***

I don't mind looking like an *** if it stops someone else from dealing with him and going though all the BS I've had to go through.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:33 AM
well then you really not out the money then if you have a good set of mids

Yeah, because I've got a pair of MAYBE 50 dollar mids that I have about 80+ bucks wrapped up in and I never would have bought them if I didn't have the other pair to go with them.

First person to pm me and paypal me 20 bucks can have these mother ****ers, I'm sick of looking at them since they remind me of a peice of **** seller. And they will be packed WELL!

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah, because I've got a pair of MAYBE 50 dollar mids that I have about 90 bucks wrapped up in and I never would have bought them if I didn't have the other pair to go with them.

First person to pm me and paypal me 20 bucks can have these mother ****ers, I'm sick of looking at them since they remind me of a peice of **** seller. And they will be packed WELL!

your a tool :eek: i have never bought anything from jeff and your bs wouldnt stop me on dealing with him all it did was make me never ever want to deal with you lol :crazy:

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
your a tool :eek: i have never bought anything from jeff and your bs wouldnt stop me on dealing with him all it did was make me never ever want to deal with you lol :crazy:

same to you brotha, you should be glad you haven't bought from him, now stfu

etznova
07-29-2009, 01:42 AM
I think your just in it for the attention now. cause there was no reason to post jeffs Pm some intereaction can be kept to Pm. to me it seams as though you feel guilty about something and you want to make sure someone else looks bad too

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 01:45 AM
same to you brotha, now stfu

i have no reason to cry over money like you have been the last 3 weeks and its your lame *** topic thats ***** and all i see from you is crys and morns so i beleave your the one who looks the fool here and should tuck your tail under yout legs and walk away.:laugh:

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 01:46 AM
I think your just in it for the attention now. cause there was no reason to post jeffs Pm some intereaction can be kept to Pm. to me it seams as though you feel guilty about something and you want to make sure someone else looks bad too

BINGO

BoomEnt
07-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Here is my few cents on this topic.

I am Jordan, a competior, world champion, world champion team mates and reputable guy by everyone in the game.

Jeff is a man of his word. He goes out of his way to help people and everyone he has helped will contest to this. Never has he done wrong in anyones eyes, and if he did something that someone wanted different, he changed it to make it right. You posting things on this forum to make yourself look better has not only back fired, but made everyone realize that you are not someone that should be sold to or bought from.

Besides all of this, we have shipped, and recieved car audio equipment from around the world, including vehicles. Things do happen in shipping, thats why they invented insurance and if you go to fedex, all packages automtically are covered untill $100.

Jeff did what everyone would have done, trouble shooted, and then came to a solution. You jumped the gun. He did also did what not everyone would do, and refund the money. He didnt have to, but did. Most would have just said, all sales are final and made you make a claim. HE DIDNT THOUGH!

Further more, JEFF is the type of person this industry needs more of.

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Now all the lil girls band together like *******,strength in numbers I guess.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:49 AM
i have no reason to cry over money like you have been the last 3 weeks and its your lame *** topic thats ***** and all i see from you is crys and morns so i beleave your the one who looks the fool here and should tuck your tail under yout legs and walk away.:laugh:

How old are you, 12? Why don't you learn to ****ing spell and then I will take your posts a little more seriously. Hooked on Phonics, ****er!

etznova
07-29-2009, 01:49 AM

I am Jordan, a competior, world champion, world champion team mates and reputable guy by everyone in the game.

Jeff is a man of his word. He goes out of his way to help people and everyone he has helped will contest to this. Never has he done wrong in anyones eyes, and if he did something that someone wanted different, he changed it to make it right. You posting things on this forum to make yourself look better has not only back fired, but made everyone realize that you are not someone that should be sold to or bought from.

Besides all of this, we have shipped, and recieved car audio equipment from around the world, including vehicles. Things do happen in shipping, thats why they invented insurance and if you go to fedex, all packages automtically are covered untill $100.

Jeff did what everyone would have done, trouble shooted, and then came to a solution. You jumped the gun. He did also did what not everyone would do, and refund the money. He didnt have to, but did. Most would have just said, all sales are final and made you make a claim. HE DIDNT THOUGH!

I agree with you 110% well said

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 01:51 AM
How old are you, 12? Why don't you learn to ****ing spell and then I will take your posts a little more seriously. Hooked on Phonics, ****er!

SPELL THIS YOUR A SCAMMER

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 01:54 AM

What the **** does being a world champ have to do with any of his ****,who cares what YOU think of this guy,the op felt he was wronged,now you and Jeff can go trouble shooted (whatever that means)this problem further.

etznova
07-29-2009, 01:55 AM
What the **** does being a world champ have to do with any of his ****,who cares what YOU think of this guy,the op felt he was wronged,now you and Jeff can go trouble shooted (whatever that means)this problem further.

you don't know what trouble shooting is. hahahaha

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 01:55 AM

It's "You're"stupid ****.

tapout
07-29-2009, 01:56 AM

lol...

You're

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 01:57 AM
you don't know what trouble shooting is. hahahaha

he said trouble shooted dumb ***.

etznova
07-29-2009, 01:57 AM
he said trouble shooted dumb ***.

yes and it was used in the correct tense too

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 01:59 AM

That's funny because I've bought and sold about a grand worth of stuff on here and had no problems until now. He didn't have to refund my money? BULLSHIT, he sold me bad equipment, so YES HE DID OWE ME. It's his responsibility, if they did indeed get damaged in shipping, it's because he did a ****** *** job of packing.

Again, if he's such a great guy, I guess I'm the only one he decided to try and jerk around right? If the tables were turned, I would not have handled it the way he did. PERIOD!

Everyone here wants to stand up for him because they had a great transaction and that's understandable. But when it doesn't go right, like in my case, he's less than a standup character. So BUYER BEWARE.

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 01:59 AM
yes and it was used in the correct tense too

There is no such thing as trouble shooted shithead

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:02 AM

That's funny, I'm having a good time knowing I'm under your skin like that. Touchy, touchy...you and some other guys should really stop swinging on Jeff's nuts...

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 02:02 AM

You ought to be embarrassed.

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
im out im wasting my buzz on this bull crap jeff's a good seller in my book later

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm a scammer, really? When I offered up the other pair of mids for basically shipping cost? I'll tell ya what, anyone local can pick them up for FREE. I can't stand to look at em.

Safe-N-Sound215
07-29-2009, 02:05 AM
You ought to be embarrassed.

He even enlarged it.

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:05 AM
That's funny, I'm having a good time knowing I'm under your skin like that. Touchy, touchy...you and some other guys should really stop swinging on Jeff's nuts...

your far from under my skin all i know is i sold over $20,000 on this forum over the years had never had a problem but you cry over $30 whats you paypal ill send you $10 to help you out since you seem your on your last dollar.:)

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 02:06 AM
im out im wasting my buzz im this bull crap jeff's a good seller in my book later

Wat?you need to be wasting your buzz in school.:laugh::laugh:

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:07 AM
whats with the name calling so i just looked it up so you are correct i guess we all can't be road scholars like you ie, ******s

it troubleshot which i bet you didn't know

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:09 AM
your far from under my skin all i know is i sold over $20,000 on this forum over the years had never had a problem but you cry over $30 whats you paypal ill send you $10 to help you out since you seem your on your last dollar.:)

send it to jeff so he can go out and buy a self help book so he can ease his guilty conscience

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Wat?you need to be wasting your buzz in school.:laugh::laugh:

who needs school when i have a 39 year old Letter Carrier schooling me on ca.com :D

Macklessdaddy
07-29-2009, 02:10 AM
whats with the name calling so i just looked it up so you are correct i guess we all can't be road scholars like you ie, ******s

it troubleshot which i bet you didn't know

It troubleshot huh.

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:11 AM
send it to jeff so he can go out and buy a self help book so he can ease his guilty conscience

seems like you need it the most or you would get over it ;)

etznova
yes **** head

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_past_tense_of_troubleshoot

Macklessdaddy
who needs school when i have a 39 year old Letter Carrier schooling me on ca.com :D

****,you got me

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:12 AM

better yet, use it to buy some sleeping pills to mix with your alcohol :D

Corpserodeo666
07-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Don't you think I would have noticed a cracked cone??? It wasn't cracked when it was received here, and trust me, it wasn't like that when you received it either.

So let me get this straight when you got it the cone wasn't cracked and it seemed fine? Because when I looked at the speaker the 1st thing I saw was the cracked cone. I mean how much shittier was his packing job then yours? So far to me its sounds like YOU are just overflowing with ****. I just had to come back and post that one thing that just totally bit you in the ***. The one thing that you posted.

But I have been known to be full of **** if you really want to see my personal Information and my feedback records. Ill PDF them to you. Along with my tax id so you can check to see if I'm in good standings with the state. Thank You.
This is so five minutes ago for me itís insane. I'm out if this for good now.

PS. Everyone on here and other forums respects Jeff for being an honest seller and an honest individual so thatís why you are being attacked for your BULLSHIT!!!

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:15 AM
better yet, use it to buy some sleeping pills to mix with your alcohol :D

oh yea you really need the f@@@ing help man not me i have 30g in caraudio im in no way going to cry over $50 when i can make that in less the 5mins ;) and make more then the house you live in,in less then 1 years time:D

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:16 AM
guy

guys

hey guys

Micheael Phelps lost a race today

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:16 AM
The cracked cone obviously occured AFTER Jeff got it back. Yeah, I'll say it, I believe they physically damaged it so they could make a claim on it. Because it wasn't cracked here and I know MY PACKING JOB WAS **** GOOD. Can't you read English? What did I post that you can't understand???

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:18 AM
oh yea you really need the f@@@ing help man not me i have 30g in caraudio im in no way going to cry over $50 when i can make that in less the 5mins ;) and make more then the house you live in,in less then 1 years time:D

OOOOOOOH, you got me there! Don't trip over your own ego when you go out the door in the morning to your job at McDonald's.

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:18 AM
The cracked cone obviously occured AFTER Jeff got it back. Yeah, I'll say it, I believe they physically damaged it so they could make a claim on it. Because it wasn't cracked here and I know MY PACKING JOB WAS **** GOOD. Can't you read English? What did I post that you can't understand???

so where are the pic's when you received them then

did i miss them I want to see all four with no cracks in your possession

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:19 AM
OOOOOOOH, you got me there! Don't trip over your own ego when you go out the door in the morning to your job at McDonald's.

who the hell said i worked :p:

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:20 AM
So let me get this straight when you got it the cone wasn't cracked and it seemed fine? Because when I looked at the speaker the 1st thing I saw was the cracked cone. I mean how much shittier was his packing job then yours? So far to me its sounds like YOU are just overflowing with ****. I just had to come back and post that one thing that just totally bit you in the ***. The one thing that you posted.

But I have been known to be full of **** if you really want to see my personal Information and my feedback records. Ill PDF them to you. Along with my tax id so you can check to see if I'm in good standings with the state. Thank You.
This is so five minutes ago for me itís insane. I'm out if this for good now.

PS. Everyone on here and other forums respects Jeff for being an honest seller and an honest individual so thatís why you are being attacked for your BULLSHIT!!!

I already posted exactly how his mids were packaged. If you can't see that it's a ****** job, then I would hope that people wouldn't buy from you either. I would never let anything leave my house for shipment in that condition.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:23 AM
so where are the pic's when you received them then

did i miss them I want to see all four with no cracks in your possession

I didn't take pics because he never asked for them, but God ****it I sure as HELL would have taken them if I knew it was going to turn into this huge fiasco. In fact, I thought to myself that I should have taken a video when I opened the box, I am kicking myself in the *** for not trusting my gut instinct and doing that. You can be sure that I will do that from now on so I have proof!

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:23 AM
he said she said you being the she

show us some dam picks when they where in your possession all four of them with no cracked cones and this can be settled

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:24 AM
whats funny is your still crying over money isnt the 1st of the month on saturday :D payday is on its way good eats are coming :fyi:

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:25 AM
whats funny is your still crying over money isnt the 1st of the month on saturday :D payday is on its way good eats are coming :fyi:

WTF are you talking about? Put the crack pipe down already, ****

loudmofo
07-29-2009, 02:26 AM
WTF are you talking about? Put the crack pipe down already, ****

dont play stupid now ;)

BoomEnt
07-29-2009, 02:27 AM

are you stupid? Why would he crack a cone on a speaker that cant be claimed. You shipped them usps with no insurance. You had the oppurtunity to do that, and sounds like that is something that you would do.

How many times do we have to tell you Jeff is a straight up guy. He doesnt do shady things like that. I think after all the people posting on here, you would get that idea.

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:28 AM
I didn't take pics because he never asked for them, but God ****it I sure as HELL would have taken them if I knew it was going to turn into this huge fiasco. In fact, I thought to myself that I should have taken a video when I opened the box, I am kicking myself in the *** for not trusting my gut instinct and doing that. You can be sure that I will do that from now on so I have proof!

so you expect us to take your word who joined here what a few months ago over a well established member who has no reason to scam over something so petty. I mean come on I bought a Z1 from him that he was selling for friend it fried upon hook up. To keep his great reputation he shelled out the three hundred dollars out of his own pocket to fix it cause his buddy wanted nothing to do with it.

I find it very hard to take your word over his.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:31 AM
are you stupid? Why would he crack a cone on a speaker that cant be claimed. You shipped them usps with no insurance. You had the oppurtunity to do that, and sounds like that is something that you would do.

How many times do we have to tell you Jeff is a straight up guy. He doesnt do shady things like that. I think after all the people posting on here, you would get that idea.

Yeah, everyone keeps saying that he's a great guy, but I'm telling you that has not been my experience. Why would I insure a damaged item??? And if he knew it couldn't be claimed as you say, why did he TRY to claim it then???

How do you explain the cracked cone? It wasn't like that when I shipped it out, and it was packed where it couldn't move in the box that I shipped it in, so please tell me how could it have gotten cracked without someone intentionally doing it? You tell me.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:34 AM
so you expect us to take your word who joined here what a few months ago over a well established member who has no reason to scam over something so petty. I mean come on I bought a Z1 from him that he was selling for friend it fried upon hook up. To keep his great reputation he shelled out the three hundred dollars out of his own pocket to fix it cause his buddy wanted nothing to do with it.

I find it very hard to take your word over his.

So I'm a liar just because I'm a newbie? Go **** yourself, I mean, really. I have refs on modularfords, corral, and I've got 88 feedback on ebay with 100 percent positive. That may not be huge, but it's substantial enough to prove I'm not a scammer.

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:40 AM
So I'm a liar just because I'm a newbie? Go **** yourself, I mean, really. I have refs on modularfords, corral, and I've got 88 feedback on ebay with 100 percent positive. That may not be huge, but it's substantial enough to prove I'm not a scammer.

I'm just stating my perspective. i never called you a scammer. I was giving you an example of where we are all coming from. the lengths that jeff is willing to go. In hopes of getting you to drop the dam subject and go on with your life this is getting very old and annoying you've said your opinion we get it your upset now get over it **** happens life goes on.

here I'll make you happy I'll buy the other set so you don't ruin them with your tears

whats your paypal?

BoomEnt
07-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Yeah, everyone keeps saying that he's a great guy, but I'm telling you that has not been my experience. Why would I insure a damaged item??? And if he knew it couldn't be claimed as you say, why did he TRY to claim it then???

How do you explain the cracked cone? It wasn't like that when I shipped it out, and it was packed where it couldn't move in the box that I shipped it in, so please tell me how could it have gotten cracked without someone intentionally doing it? You tell me.

NO HE NEVER MADE A CLAIM ON IT!

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm just stating my perspective. i never called you a scammer. I was giving you an example of where we are all coming from. the lengths that jeff is willing to go. In hopes of getting you to drop the dam subject and go on with your life this is getting very old and annoying you've said your opinion we get it your upset now get over it **** happens life goes on.

here I'll make you happy I'll buy the other set so you don't ruin them with your tears

whats your paypal?

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm telling you that it's not always like that, not always a pretty picture with your boy Jeff.

I'll drop it, but everyone wants to post something that I take offense to or is flat out wrong, so I'm going to respond. If you don't like it, don't read it and don't reply to it.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:46 AM
NO HE NEVER MADE A CLAIM ON IT!

he told me he "COULDN'T" make a claim on it, meaning that he WANTED to make a claim on it.

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:46 AM
thats why i said **** happens

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:49 AM
thats why i said **** happens

EXACTLY. And when it happens, it's not supposed to be a hit for the buyer. THAT is the point.

mlstrass
07-29-2009, 02:50 AM
I just called Miss Cleo the psychic and she told me you F'd up the cone trying to install it and Jeff made things right and now you're trying to make him out to be the bad guy....

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:50 AM
or a fiasco either, which happens when the seller pm's you with false claims...

etznova
07-29-2009, 02:51 AM
I just called Miss Cleo the psychic and she told me you F'd up the cone trying to install it and Jeff made things right and now you're trying to make him out to be the bad guy....

Miss Cleo ah **** how is my *****

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 02:51 AM

funny, seeing how i never even tried to install it.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 03:05 AM
furthermore, if the mid was cracked upon return to DTBROWN, I'm sure he would have contacted me sooner, since the package was delivered at 10:30am on Saturday. I doubt he would have waited until almost 4 days later to make this dispute. Most people would have pm'd right away if the mid had been cracked upon opening the package.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 03:07 AM
link doesn't work...

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 1400 0002 4305 5272
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 10:28 AM on July 25, 2009 in MORTON GROVE, IL 60053.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, July 25, 2009, 10:28 am, MORTON GROVE, IL 60053
Arrival at Unit, July 25, 2009, 5:22 am, MORTON GROVE, IL 60053
Processed through Sort Facility, July 24, 2009, 2:15 pm, FOREST PARK, IL 60130
Processed through Sort Facility, July 22, 2009, 7:00 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30369
Acceptance, July 21, 2009, 4:22 pm, BYRON, GA 31008

Track & Confirm by email
Get current event information or updates for your item sent to you or others by email.

BoomEnt
07-29-2009, 03:08 AM
furthermore, if the mid was cracked upon return to DTBROWN, I'm sure he would have contacted me sooner, since the package was delivered at 10:30am on Saturday. I doubt he would have waited until almost 4 days later to make this dispute. Most people would have pm'd right away if the mid had been cracked upon opening the package.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do

Another assumption. The package was shipped to my parents house since i was not at my condo. My parents accepted the package, and i just arrived from out of town today. We went there and opened the package and thats how it was.

Annnarbor84
07-29-2009, 03:11 AM
People and company's are shady as **** anymore. You cannot trust either the buyer or seller, so that means anything is possible:crap:

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Fine then, you guys have AWESOME packaging and the mid was damaged during shipping to me, and I have AWESOME packaging and the SAME mid was damaged (AGAIN) during shipping back to you. GOD ****, what a ****ING coincidence!!!

metsfan89
07-29-2009, 03:14 AM
there is no reason why this thread should still be going. transaction is done and you got your money. its over.

close thread please

bball09124
07-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Wow, the OP is a douche. DTBrown did everything in his power to make you happy and your still trying to make him seem like a scammer.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 03:16 AM
there is no reason why this thread should still be going. transaction is done and you got your money. its over.

close thread please

Fine, I only opened this thread back up because he sent some shady **** through pm. So I felt obligated to leave FEEDBACK since this IS a FEEDBACK THREAD!

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Wow, the OP is a douche. DTBrown did everything in his power to make you happy and your still trying to make him seem like a scammer.

I respectfully disagree. He did not do hardly a **** thing but make me fight for a refund that I was fully entitled to. Then he sent me a pm blaming me for something I did NOT do. However wrong it is, you ARE entitled to your opinion...

dcmcki
07-29-2009, 10:02 AM
You are a douche. If you received something that you claim was damaged in shipment (or recieved with prior damage) and was insured by the shipper it is upon YOU to make the claim with Fedex/UPS/USPS. If you would have done that in the first place none of this would have come about. You claim that his packaging was so ****** yet you make no claim. Seems as though you are the shady one.

OH and Jeff was staing that he would have made a claim if you would have insured your shipment like you SHOULD HAVE (working mids or not dumbphuk) because he boviously received them damaged from you regardless of your awesome packing skills. He was using that as an example of the way it should have been handled not that he was going to try and get over on anyone.

Now go kill yourself.

/thread.

profundus-sanus
07-29-2009, 10:28 AM
lol

remind me not to sell anything to this guy...

bumpin buick
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
You are a douche. If you received something that you claim was damaged in shipment (or recieved with prior damage) and was insured by the shipper it is upon YOU to make the claim with Fedex/UPS/USPS. If you would have done that in the first place none of this would have come about. You claim that his packaging was so ****** yet you make no claim. Seems as though you are the shady one.

OH and Jeff was staing that he would have made a claim if you would have insured your shipment like you SHOULD HAVE (working mids or not dumbphuk) because he boviously received them damaged from you regardless of your awesome packing skills. He was using that as an example of the way it should have been handled not that he was going to try and get over on anyone.

Now go kill yourself.

/thread.

Well put sir

lol

remind me not to sell anything to this guy...
Agreed, I think if anyone saw this, they would not chance selling to this guy

AudioAnonymous
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
You coming up for the triple point show Jeff? lol

bumpin buick
07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
he said he will no longer have any words to say in this thread Geoff, but I have already asked him and Jordan and it looks like they will be yes.

GearGuy2001
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
If anything all the OP did was prove he was stupid in handling the issue, its obvious if it was damaged that he should of made an insurance claim.

Also I will never sell to the OP

And where is the 3x show at? lol

bumpin buick
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
oshkosh, wi about 30minutes south from my house, you should come up, you can stay Saturday night in the guest room if youd like, we can get your build all put in Saturday then for the sunday event

GearGuy2001
07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
oshkosh, wi about 30minutes south from my house, you should come up, you can stay Saturday night in the guest room if youd like, we can get your build all put in Saturday then for the sunday event

The build should be done before that, gotta call steve about the sub and get an eta on its arrival, but I might take you up on staying at your house so I can be at the show bright and early on sunday.

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM

Now go kill yourself.

/thread.

It didn't look to me like it was damaged in shipping, it looked to me like it was previously damaged BEFORE it got shipped out to me, therefore I did not make the claim. So go **** yourself. Get your facts straight before you make a comment in someone else's thread...

If he would have made this right, from the beginning, none of this would have come about. Instead he was a ****** seller and I stand by this thread yet again.

mlstrass
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
you've proved nothing that shows him to be a ****** sellar. But you're a douchebag buyer for sure.

fag306stank has been added to my "do not sell to this idiot" list...

fast306stang
07-29-2009, 04:52 PM
you've proved nothing that shows him to be a ****** sellar. But you're a douchebag buyer for sure.

thanks for the compliment ;)

when you buy from him because you're that **** stupid, you'll see what I mean if you get something that's damaged. Have a nice day :)

GearGuy2001
07-29-2009, 07:22 PM

when you buy from him because you're that **** stupid, you'll see what I mean if you get something that's damaged. Have a nice day :)

Or Ive talked with him at shows before and I think mlstrass has also, he is a stand up guy and more then willing to help.

You should just stop cause the hole is only getting deeper.

njaykaplan
07-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure shifting the magnet would be something likely done in shipping, not by user error. It'd be hard to do it on purpose without throwing around a speaker, which I doubt he did. The magnet shifting is what happened, correct? I forgot in the 10 pages.

mlstrass
07-29-2009, 07:29 PM

He lives an hour away from me, so I'll buy in person ;) And if something goes wrong we'll work it out and I won't be on hear crying like my ****** is full of sand like you are :eek:

mihklo
07-30-2009, 06:54 AM

the man recieved a messed up speaker that was not functional, when he asked the seller about it and troubleshot the problem and decided on a refund the seller offered less than a reasonable amount. 50 bucks plus having to ship back the broken set is not reasonable. the seller paid 130 bucks so he should have been refunded 65 and the seller should have paid to have the speakers shipped back. the OP paid for functional equipment and did not recieve that, why should he be out any money? as far as filing a claim, it is up the the shipper to file a claim. so if the seller wanted to file a claim on these speakers then he should have done that prior to the OP shipping them back.

i agree that this could have been done strictly through pm's, but when the OP felt like he was getting screwed he had every right to make this thread. to me for someone like the seller that seems to have a good name around here, is kind of silly to have your rep put on the line over 15 bucks. especially if that story about him shelling out 300 bucks to fix an amp his friend sold is true.

fast306stang
07-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure shifting the magnet would be something likely done in shipping, not by user error. It'd be hard to do it on purpose without throwing around a speaker, which I doubt he did. The magnet shifting is what happened, correct? I forgot in the 10 pages.

The magnet could have shifted during shipping because he packaged it insufficiently, but it also could have been like that before he shipped it, it's hard to say. But he claims when he received it back from me that it has a crack in the cone. He did show a picture to show this, but I can pretty much guarantee that the crack did not happen when I shipped it out to him, I'm saying he hit it with something to make it LOOK LIKE it was damaged in shipping so he could make a claim. But then he found out I didn't insure it on return shipping...WTF would I insure a ****ed up pair of mids???

YES, DTBROWN FINALLY made a second refund payment and I was happy and I would say that he was an ok guy. But when he sent that last pm and blamed me for not seeing the cracked mid, not filing a claim, etc, etc, then I DO have a problem with him again. I mean, what did I do? I received damaged goods and had to fight for a half *** decent refund, then I got blamed for other **** after he got his speakers back. WTF!

He obviously has a great reputation on this forum with a lot of you, but just because he has that support doesn't mean he won't **** somebody over eventually, in this case it happened to be me. Although I am satisfied with the money I eventually did receive from him. Right now I'm just not happy about him passing the blame onto me for things I didn't do and were out of my control.

fast306stang
07-30-2009, 04:40 PM
the man recieved a messed up speaker that was not functional, when he asked the seller about it and troubleshot the problem and decided on a refund the seller offered less than a reasonable amount. 50 bucks plus having to ship back the broken set is not reasonable. the seller paid 130 bucks so he should have been refunded 65 and the seller should have paid to have the speakers shipped back. the OP paid for functional equipment and did not recieve that, why should he be out any money? as far as filing a claim, it is up the the shipper to file a claim. so if the seller wanted to file a claim on these speakers then he should have done that prior to the OP shipping them back.

i agree that this could have been done strictly through pm's, but when the OP felt like he was getting screwed he had every right to make this thread. to me for someone like the seller that seems to have a good name around here, is kind of silly to have your rep put on the line over 15 bucks. especially if that story about him shelling out 300 bucks to fix an amp his friend sold is true.

I agree 110 percent. I don't exactly know why it's so hard for everyone else to understand that. Seems pretty simple to me.

I did get back another 15 on top of the original 50 EVENTUALLY. And I came on here and posted that and said that he's an ok guy and we have it worked out. But then he sent a pm blaming me for crap that I didn't do, and hey, who would put up with that? Maybe I AM *****ing, but I'm not going to be blamed for something that I didn't do.

bumpin buick
07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
The magnet could have shifted during shipping because he packaged it insufficiently, but it also could have been like that before he shipped it, it's hard to say. But he claims when he received it back from me that it has a crack in the cone. He did show a picture to show this, but I can pretty much guarantee that the crack did not happen when I shipped it out to him, I'm saying he hit it with something to make it LOOK LIKE it was damaged in shipping so he could make a claim. But then he found out I didn't insure it on return shipping...WTF would I insure a ****ed up pair of mids???

YES, DTBROWN FINALLY made a second refund payment and I was happy and I would say that he was an ok guy. But when he sent that last pm and blamed me for not seeing the cracked mid, not filing a claim, etc, etc, then I DO have a problem with him again. I mean, what did I do? I received damaged goods and had to fight for a half *** decent refund, then I got blamed for other **** after he got his speakers back. WTF!

He obviously has a great reputation on this forum with a lot of you, but just because he has that support doesn't mean he won't **** somebody over eventually, in this case it happened to be me. Although I am satisfied with the money I eventually did receive from him. Right now I'm just not happy about him passing the blame onto me for things I didn't do and were out of my control.

You make it seem as though it was a long hard effort for you. You have had this thread up and been *****ing about it for a little over a week. I have had issues with broken items where it takes months to get resolved. In the end they all get resolved. A claim could have taken you guys weeks or months but instead he went into his pocket to give you the money. A tip I would give you though, always return stuff how it was sent to you, in same packaging with same shipping company and services (including insurance) that way you are equal.

Lets leave it at this, you got the money back. You have been childish about the whole transaction. Jeff is an adult and handled it the same way most people would have. First off he sent you money back without getting the speakers back first, which is surprising he did that at all seeing as how you have no reputation what so ever. He worked with you and you got your money back. The fact you cant just leave it at that makes me assume you feel guilty about something. Let it go, move on, and stop whining. Most anyone who has read this thread as left, thinking "wow, quit your *****ing"

You stated your case in the first post, it was fixed.
MOVE THE **** ON

fast306stang
07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
It took a LOT longer to fix this BS than it should have.

Regarding your tip, I thought about shipping it back to him exactly the way I received it, but I'm better than that, I couldn't do it. So I sent it back to him the way it SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I packaged it right, and plus I wanted to give him an example of how to package something for shipment since he obviously doesn't know how to.

Furthermore, what difference does it make who sent what first? He got his goods back in the end, and I didn't **** around about it. I HELD UP MY END OF THE BARGAIN. Did he take care of business like a good seller with a reputation to uphold should? No, he didn't. So STFU!

My tip to you...if you don't like what you're reading, then GTFO. No one invited you here, so if you don't have something contructive to say, then **** off.

fast306stang
07-30-2009, 05:22 PM
"Jeff is an adult and he handled it the way most people would have."

God, I hope that's not the case. He did not handle it worth a ****.

schackel
07-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Dtbrown is top notch, best i have delt with on this cite.

Macklessdaddy
07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Dtbrown is top notch, best i have delt with on this cite.

so ****ing what,you didn't go through what the op went through,all you kids really need to learn how to handle things maturely and stop with the he was good to me how can he be bad to you bullshit.

tripleblacksso
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
bumpin buick, dcmcki, etznova, t3audios_160sdbjeep, BoomEnt, Corpserodeo666. TO ALL THESE STUPID MOTHER ****ERS A FORE MENTIONED, YOU GUYS SEEM TO **** "JEFFS" **** A LOT! YOU GUYS COULD PROBABLY PICK OUT HIS JIZZ IN A BLIND FOLDED TASTE TEST! AND I THINK, EXCUSE ME I KNOW THAT YOU ALL ARE SOME **** TALKING MOTHER ****ERS BECAUSE YOUR "SAFE" BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE TALKING THAT **** TO ANYBODYS FACE BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WOULD GET KNOCKED THE **** OUT! ANYWAY, JEFF IT ONLY SEEMS FAIR NEWBIE OR NOT THAT FAST306 SEEMS TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT CAR AUDIO AND CERTAINLY WOULDNT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH A FAST AND SMOOTH TRACTION (MONETARILY SPEAKING) TO RIP YOU OFF AS THE SELLER FOR A MEASLY 60 DOLLARS. HOWEVER, YOU DO UNDERSTAND THROUGH ALL THE MATH THAT YOU ARE SHORTING HIM SOME CASH NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. WITH ALL THIS I WILL SAY YOU SEEM TO BE DOING A BETTER JOB OF TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT THAN A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WOULD. (APPARENTLY ON HERE). AND I HOPE YOU AND FAST306 GET THINGS WORKED OUT SO YOU GUYS CAN CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH EACH OTHER. P.S. BEFORE ANY OFF YOU **** SUCKING FAGOTS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME BEING A NEWB AND BLAH BLAH ****ING BLAH, GO SMOKE ANOTHER **** AND SHUT THE **** UP BECAUSE I DONT GIVE A ****!

hornedfrog1985
08-09-2009, 07:52 PM
lol

Corey J.
08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
bumpin buick, dcmcki, etznova, t3audios_160sdbjeep, BoomEnt, Corpserodeo666. TO ALL THESE STUPID MOTHER ****ERS A FORE MENTIONED, YOU GUYS SEEM TO **** "JEFFS" **** A LOT! YOU GUYS COULD PROBABLY PICK OUT HIS JIZZ IN A BLIND FOLDED TASTE TEST! AND I THINK, EXCUSE ME I KNOW THAT YOU ALL ARE SOME **** TALKING MOTHER ****ERS BECAUSE YOUR "SAFE" BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE TALKING THAT **** TO ANYBODYS FACE BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WOULD GET KNOCKED THE **** OUT! ANYWAY, JEFF IT ONLY SEEMS FAIR NEWBIE OR NOT THAT FAST306 SEEMS TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT CAR AUDIO AND CERTAINLY WOULDNT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH A FAST AND SMOOTH TRACTION (MONETARILY SPEAKING) TO RIP YOU OFF AS THE SELLER FOR A MEASLY 60 DOLLARS. HOWEVER, YOU DO UNDERSTAND THROUGH ALL THE MATH THAT YOU ARE SHORTING HIM SOME CASH NO MATTER WHO YOU LOOK AT IT. WITH ALL THIS I WILL SAY YOU SEEM TO BE DOING A BETTER JOB OF TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT THAN A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WOULD. (APPARENTLY ON HERE). AND I HOPE YOU AND FAST306 GET THINGS WORKED OUT SO YOU GUYS CAN CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH EACH OTHER. P.S. BEFORE ANY OFF YOU **** SUCKING FAGOTS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME BEING A NEWB AND BLAH BLAH ****ING BLAH, GO SMOKE ANOTHER **** AND SHUT THE **** UP BECAUSE I DONT GIVE A ****!
He said......:furious::crying:.........and then :p:
Made me :laugh:

99grandprixGT
08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
bumpin buick, dcmcki, etznova, t3audios_160sdbjeep, BoomEnt, Corpserodeo666. TO ALL THESE STUPID MOTHER ****ERS A FORE MENTIONED, YOU GUYS SEEM TO **** "JEFFS" **** A LOT! YOU GUYS COULD PROBABLY PICK OUT HIS JIZZ IN A BLIND FOLDED TASTE TEST! AND I THINK, EXCUSE ME I KNOW THAT YOU ALL ARE SOME **** TALKING MOTHER ****ERS BECAUSE YOUR "SAFE" BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE TALKING THAT **** TO ANYBODYS FACE BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WOULD GET KNOCKED THE **** OUT! ANYWAY, JEFF IT ONLY SEEMS FAIR NEWBIE OR NOT THAT FAST306 SEEMS TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT CAR AUDIO AND CERTAINLY WOULDNT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH A FAST AND SMOOTH TRACTION (MONETARILY SPEAKING) TO RIP YOU OFF AS THE SELLER FOR A MEASLY 60 DOLLARS. HOWEVER, YOU DO UNDERSTAND THROUGH ALL THE MATH THAT YOU ARE SHORTING HIM SOME CASH NO MATTER WHO YOU LOOK AT IT. WITH ALL THIS I WILL SAY YOU SEEM TO BE DOING A BETTER JOB OF TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT THAN A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WOULD. (APPARENTLY ON HERE). AND I HOPE YOU AND FAST306 GET THINGS WORKED OUT SO YOU GUYS CAN CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH EACH OTHER. P.S. BEFORE ANY OFF YOU **** SUCKING FAGOTS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME BEING A NEWB AND BLAH BLAH ****ING BLAH, GO SMOKE ANOTHER **** AND SHUT THE **** UP BECAUSE I DONT GIVE A ****!

someones mad

tripleblacksso
08-09-2009, 08:08 PM
not mad at all dude, its just that i have been screwed on internet deals and so have a few of my friends. im not thrashing jeff, like i said in my other reply, but the people that are talking all that **** are the kind of people that would do stupid scamming bullshit. im saying to them it doesnt matter whats right or wrong it just matters that "their all friends", so they will stick up for him (jeff) instead of constructively saying hey guys try and make things right because obviously neither one of you are trying to screw the other.