PDA

View Full Version : Arc Audio 6000 VS Image Dynamics Cxs64

kevin lu
07-16-2009, 01:56 AM
i am looking for a set of comp about $350 - $400 and this 2 sets was in that price range, which set will sound better in SQ? or if you know anything sound better than this 2 set but in same price range please let me know thanks for help.

bamaster
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I have a set of CXS64 in my kitchen. I just removed them from my car and replaced them with Legatias. The ID's are really great sounding components.

Comparing them to the Legatias isn't fair, but so far I think the ID's really shine with music I played loud. They seemed to like some abuse, hehe. I had to pull back the treble a tad because I thought it was a little bright. But once I got the balance right, they sounded very nice. Plenty of midbass too.

I don't have the crossovers out of my doors yet, but I should have them next week. Looking for a set of used CXS64's? :D

kevin lu
07-16-2009, 10:35 PM
where you got Legatias from? and how much for ID CSX?

bamaster
07-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I bought the Legatia Pros from a dealer here in Houston. Dang things ain't cheap! But I have no complaints... truly phenomenal components.

I don't have the crossovers out of the doors yet, but for the whole set I'd sell them for $250 shipped. The set I have are the original version (http://www.woofersetc.com/p3945/CXS64--Image-Dynamics-65"-2-Way-Component-System.htm), I think they are selling the V2 now. My set is only 7 months old or so.

lyttleviet
07-17-2009, 01:48 PM
There is A LOT of options in that price range... What kind of amp are you going to have on them? What type of music do you listen to?

kevin lu
07-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Viet are you Vietnamese bro? i have Arc Audio 300.4 and Arc 1000.1, 2 12 IDQv.3 in seal box, i am running a set of Polk Sr6500 up front and Herzt High Energy coax on rear but didn't like the Herzt, i was thinking put the Polk on rear and get another set with soft and smooth sound on front, maybe Morel Dotech Ovation comp 6 for $449 at wooferetc, you know anything about the Morel? thanks for help.

kevin lu
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
they sound good with rap but not Vietnamese music, i want smooth mid and warm sound.

Horsemanwill
07-17-2009, 11:35 PM
although i haven't heard the arc's i myself favor the ID set. i runs the xs mids myself with my ultra horns if you go up about 80$ more in your price you could get the ID XS65 comp set http://www.woofersetc.com/p5712/XS65--Image-Dynamics-65"-2-Way-Component-System.htm. but if you can't i'd recommend the new CXS62v2 it's the two ohm version of the CXS that way you can get a lil more power from your system if you go active. http://www.woofersetc.com/p7173/CXS62-V2--Image-Dynamics-65"-2-ohm-Component-System.htm

kevin lu
07-18-2009, 02:04 AM
i love my IDQ subs but i don't know about their comp, the CXS 64 sound smooth and soft? i have to find a store around here so i can hear them.

ptannjr
07-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Kevin,

Have you been by PNR yet?

FJF
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM
i love my IDQ subs but i don't know about their comp, the CXS 64 sound smooth and soft? i have to find a store around here so i can hear them.

You really should listen to them before spending the money. I didn't before buying the IDs, and it was probably the biggest car audio mistake I've made.

FWIW, why don't you use your EQ to alter the tonal balance of the system? If the tweeters are too loud, you can biamp and attenuate their amplitude, then tune the tonal balance. We discussed this before.

Horsemanwill
07-18-2009, 02:15 PM
You really should listen to them before spending the money. I didn't before buying the IDs, and it was probably the biggest car audio mistake I've made.

FWIW, why don't you use your EQ to alter the tonal balance of the system? If the tweeters are too loud, you can biamp and attenuate their amplitude, then tune the tonal balance. We discussed this before.

your the first person i've ever seen that feels that. granted everyone's listening preference differs saying it's the biggest car audio mistake is a bit extreme.

Horsemanwill
07-18-2009, 02:15 PM
double post ftw

FJF
07-18-2009, 02:27 PM
your the first person i've ever seen that feels that.

So what? :confused:

granted everyone's listening preference differs saying it's the biggest car audio mistake is a bit extreme.

If I'd ever installed a speaker that was worse in any of my cars, then the IDs would not hold that (err...) honor. Since I haven't, buying the IDs ranks as the biggest car audio mistake I've made. For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would choose these things over the multitude of fine speakers available, unless his preference structure was solely based on specific tonal expectations with no regard for the information contained in a recording. I can't comment on any other ID speakers, as I've never heard them in my own environment, but the CXS' are a poor excuse for a quality transducer. They're veiled, and they lack articulation and focus; they're essentially an aural version of mud.

Horsemanwill
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
imo it there had to be something way more then that for your experience. and at that i'll leave you to your own likeings.

FJF
07-18-2009, 02:40 PM
imo it there had to be something way more then that for your experience.

I have no idea what that means. FWIW, I spent my own money on these speakers, but simply could not conquer their inherent shittiness. ID should just call them A Deaf Man's Delight.

...and at that i'll leave you to your own likeings.

That's mighty nice of you. :laugh:

kevin lu
07-18-2009, 03:22 PM
FJ when i play my system on high volume the Polk can handle with no problem loud and clear but the Hertz coax running out of control mess up the sound, i have the Polk tweeter on 0- right now, i may have to move them up to +3 that way i can turn the tweeter down, so the Hertz will go down with it

lyttleviet
07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey, I am vietnamese :). I do know quite a bit about morel if you have any questions about them I'd love to answer some for you.

KyleBechtold
07-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Kevin,

Have you been by PNR yet?

don't go here.. please.. just don't

Hoodlum007
07-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey, I am vietnamese :). I do know quite a bit about morel if you have any questions about them I'd love to answer some for you.

What does "Adoo ma maiee" translate to in vietnamese?

kevin lu
07-18-2009, 04:35 PM
viet i have a set of Polk SR6500 comp up front and Hertz coax on rear run off a Arc Audio 300.4, the Polk can handle very good at high volume but the Hertz sound like they running out of control so what i think i should get a pair of Morel Dotech Ovation 6 for front and move the Polk to rear, i want to know how the Morel sound? are they be better than the Polk or i just replace the Hertz with Focal Polygrass CVX 690? the Focal 6.9 is the best i can find around, any recommend?

kevin lu
07-18-2009, 04:44 PM
after research for couple days i see Focal Polygrass or Morel Dotech Ovation 6.

kevin lu
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
"adoo ma maiee" means i love you so much con cat.

lyttleviet
07-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I PM'd you my aim sn and stuff if you want to talk more about the differences etc, hit me up :).

papermaker
07-19-2009, 06:59 PM
the polk SRs are awesome, if your not liking them i say user error.. the new SRs ARE reference speakers...

papermaker
07-19-2009, 07:03 PM
take the rear fill out and use better placement and imagining. you could also do the polks active and by pass the passive xovers...

kevin lu
07-19-2009, 09:59 PM
yes they sound good but the Hertz is not, i sold the Hertz yesterday, tomorrow i will order a pair of Focal Polygrass CVX690 for rear hope that work out right.