PDA

View Full Version : Custom Subwoofer Enclosures at Discount Prices

LoneRanger
10-21-2003, 08:47 PM
I just uploaded a webpage with pricing info for my custom subwoofer enclosures. If anyone is interested in having a box built, please check it out. My prices are less than half the prices quoted to me by the three audio shops in my area for similar enclosures.

http://www.geocities.com/donnballenger/boxprice.html

BDIDDY
10-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Whats so good about the comp. boxes?

LoneRanger
10-22-2003, 08:37 AM
If I told you what made 'em loud, then nobody would buy one. It's +2dB over every other ported design I've ever used, and I put an extra few pounds of wang in there :)

If you wanna see first hand, buy one!

bumpin_blazer
10-22-2003, 11:03 AM
yo donn still no email man

adam

LoneRanger
10-22-2003, 02:16 PM
yo donn still no email man

adam

i've sent it three times now :(

hit me up on aim when you're at home and i'll DCC it to ya

LoneRanger
10-22-2003, 10:42 PM
*IMPORTANT NOTE* All boxes are constructed of 1" Masonite Medium Density Fiberboard.

Nice :thumbsup

It's heavy, inexpensive and stiff as granite....everyone should be so lucky as to live near a cabinet factory :)

Gauntlet
10-22-2003, 10:44 PM
It's heavy, inexpensive and stiff as granite....everyone should be so lucky as to live near a cabinet factory :)

Or to have an uncle do all the work for them. ;)

LoneRanger
10-23-2003, 02:11 AM
Or to have an uncle do all the work for them. ;)

As long as the old man can cut a straight line, I can use him :)

Besides....you try building 10 of these suckers in a two week span and see if you don't want some help!

LoneRanger
10-27-2003, 03:19 AM
I'm currently running a referral special to reward those of you who have been referring orders to me. The first referral will earn you a free system check disc, mailed at my expense (see the SPL Disk thread in the competition forum). The second will earn you 10% off any ported or sealed enclosure. The third will earn you 25% off, and each one after the third will be an additional 10% off, up to and including a free enclosure (you still have to pay shipping). This is a great way for you to get the box you've always dreamed of either heavily discounted or free, and help your buddies get a great box at a decent price.

The only condition here is that all referrals must lead to sales, or they don't count. I'm also willing to offer cash rebates to those who have already purchased boxes and want to referr friends.

LoneRanger
11-01-2003, 04:28 AM
Ttt

Gauntlet
11-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Anyone thinking about buying a box from Donn, don't think twice about it. I got my box today and it's absolutely gorgeous. Built exactly to the specs I gave, the construction is beautiful, and it's rock-solid. Great stuff. I'll up some pics tomorrow......

LoneRanger
11-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Anyone thinking about buying a box from Donn, don't think twice about it. I got my box today and it's absolutely gorgeous. Built exactly to the specs I gave, the construction is beautiful, and it's rock-solid. Great stuff. I'll up some pics tomorrow......

Thanks man, glad you like it :)

I've got some pics of this one too, before and after it was carpeted. Now if I can ever get myself down to Wal-Mart.....

Gauntlet
11-02-2003, 11:56 AM
These were the best pics I could take with the box in the trunk.....

http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/data/2/4939install.jpg
http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/data/2/4939install1.jpg

ss3079
11-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Think you could've made it any bigger ? :D
Remind me never to own a car with a trunk like that ;)

Gotta love the RE sticker.

- Steve

Gauntlet
11-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Think you could've made it any bigger ? :D
Remind me never to own a car with a trunk like that ;)

- Steve

Tell me about it....the box is 16" high, 15.5" deep, and 39" long, and I still had to pound the living hell out of it with a rubber mallet to get it in. :nono: to Oldsmobile

ss3079
11-02-2003, 01:51 PM
As for shipping to Canada ...

If it's as big as Gauntlet's, they probably won't even ship it ... and I can't even imagine the shipping charges for weight/size. Upwards of $100 + I'm sure. A 50lb package with measurements 38x15x15 from Wellston, OH to my house would be ... *gulp* - $166.71 or $196.40 ... USD, I think :blow_up:

- Steve

LoneRanger
11-03-2003, 12:43 AM
So if I design an enclosure someone and say you can build it for them at a very fair price, do I get the free system check disc and, if the time arises, get an enclosure shipped for my GF (I haven't been healthy enough to build her an enclosure) ? Hmmm, I wonder how much shipping is to Canada ...

Although I would probably feel guilty about it having never seen any of your work personally ... ******* conscience ...

I couldn't ship gauntlet's box due to the size and weight. Had to deliver it in person.....luckily he only lives 4 hrs away.

As for the free system check disc, that would be no problem. Shoot me an email or a PM, and we'll work out some sort of deal to compensate you for your referrals :)

LoneRanger
11-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Here are some pics for you guys to check out. Geocities is pretty ******, so it might not work sometimes. I know for a fact that you have to open a new browser window and past the link in there to see the pics, because geocities *****.....anybody wanna host these for me?

www.geocities.com/donnballenger/boxes.html
Pics of boxes I've built for myself and others
www.geocities.com/donnballenger/randompix.html
Random pics of car audio related stuff
www.geocities.com/donnballenger/glassdash.html
My on-going fiberglass dash project.

BDIDDY
11-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Look at your face when standing on that box, hell it must have been 130 outside that day..... Nah but looks good, keep up the good work.

LoneRanger
11-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Look at your face when standing on that box, hell it must have been 130 outside that day..... Nah but looks good, keep up the good work.

Hah!

Nah, it was cool.....that's my "holy jesus don't let me fall off this fruckin box!" face.

LoneRanger
11-04-2003, 12:38 PM
www.geocities.com/donnballenger

same drill as last time, but at least the pages are linked together now.

MikeGray
11-05-2003, 10:10 PM
i wanna get a super duper box made for 2 new 12" magnum D12 subs.... ported of course :)

LoneRanger
11-05-2003, 11:40 PM
i wanna get a super duper box made for 2 new 12" magnum D12 subs.... ported of course :)

$100 = 4.5ft^3 enclosure built to your specs (about 4 cubes total after displacement of port and woofer)
$40 = black carpet

Total = $140 + shipping.

$90 now
$50 + shipping before delivery

If you're interested in building an amp rack on the face of the box, I'm sure we could figure that out too.

I'll start work as soon as you paypal the materials deposit.

MikeGray
11-06-2003, 08:03 AM
i hope ui check ur email u prolly did.. but i have 4.5 cubes.. i thought i only have a lil over 2. hehe but when u port the the box for the 2 d's u have a port on each side right? for each woofer? but yes im gonna get the box before the subs.. i guess.. hoping u kno how to build a super duper one with the right size cutouts and all soo how much do i need for deposite... and after words.. what if i dont like the box... u show me after deposite?

MikeGray
11-06-2003, 08:28 AM
also whats ur Paypal email. so i kno where to send it.

LoneRanger
11-06-2003, 09:05 AM
i hope ui check ur email u prolly did.. but i have 4.5 cubes.. i thought i only have a lil over 2. hehe but when u port the the box for the 2 d's u have a port on each side right? for each woofer? but yes im gonna get the box before the subs.. i guess.. hoping u kno how to build a super duper one with the right size cutouts and all soo how much do i need for deposite... and after words.. what if i dont like the box... u show me after deposite?

In an extended cab pickup like yours, it's usually best to port the box thru the top. I can do two seperate ports or a single common port. Its your call.

The cutout diameter for a magnum is 11.2 if i'm not mistaken...I'll have a look at SI's site just to be sure.

As far as the quality of my boxes is concerned, I wouldn't send it to you unless I'd be proud to put it in my own vehicle. Have a look at the example enclosures on my website if you have any questions in that arena. I build the boxes exactly to specs, so what you see is what you get. If you'd like, I could take pictures of the box and send them to you before you send the final payment, and if you don't like what you see, I'll refund your deposit in full.

The initial deposit is $90 and can be paypal'd to donnballenger@yahoo.com

bumpin_blazer
11-06-2003, 10:36 AM
In an extended cab pickup like yours, it's usually best to port the box thru the top. I can do two seperate ports or a single common port. Its your call.

The cutout diameter for a magnum is 11.2 if i'm not mistaken...I'll have a look at SI's site just to be sure.

As far as the quality of my boxes is concerned, I wouldn't send it to you unless I'd be proud to put it in my own vehicle. Have a look at the example enclosures on my website if you have any questions in that arena. I build the boxes exactly to specs, so what you see is what you get. If you'd like, I could take pictures of the box and send them to you before you send the final payment, and if you don't like what you see, I'll refund your deposit in full.

The initial deposit is $90 and can be paypal'd to donnballenger@yahoo.com

my personal thoughts on this donn is that you share your wood skills with way too many people the feds should be notified;).

adam

LoneRanger
11-06-2003, 10:42 AM
my personal thoughts on this donn is that you share your wood skills with way too many people the feds should be notified;).

adam

shhhhh. let's keep the feds outta this :)

my miz-ad wi-zood skiz-illz are for the benefit of mankind, not just your deviant pleasure!

MikeGray
11-06-2003, 04:40 PM
ok don.. its 11 1/8th i think.. i dunno but whats better 1 port or 2 ports??? whats gonna make it ******. i dunt kno much hehe.but yea top sounds nice...... check ur email.. i gave u diminsions. exact diminsions. u should remember what it is.

Mounting information:

11 1/8'th cutout diameter
6.75" mounting depth

LoneRanger
11-06-2003, 08:00 PM
ok don.. its 11 1/8th i think.. i dunno but whats better 1 port or 2 ports??? whats gonna make it ******. i dunt kno much hehe.but yea top sounds nice...... check ur email.. i gave u diminsions. exact diminsions. u should remember what it is.

Mounting information:

11 1/8'th cutout diameter
6.75" mounting depth

I've got the dimensions you sent. We can definatly work with that. I'd personally go with a single square port that spans the width of the back of the enclosure. From talking to you, I'd assume you want all-out spl, so we're going to need as much port area as possible.

If you want to go for looks, I actually have a design worked out to do four round ports that fire out of the top of the box, but I'd have to tag a little extra cost on to this one for the extra materials such as PVC pipes and port flares. I'd be willing to build this one for an extra $20.

MikeGray
11-06-2003, 08:32 PM
na.. SPL. i want loud KNOCKS.. and awesome sound quality.. and will hold 2 12" d2's no prob hehehe and black carpet and looks beautifull :D

MikeGray
11-08-2003, 12:13 PM
you gotta love his prices. there awesome :)

MikeGray
11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
for everyone out that is looking for a Box for there truck/car/wagon/cart and doesn't want to pay hundreds of dollers for a custom box or a box period. Loneranger is very very good. he will talk to you on aim or email and help you with ideas or any advise you need. he NEVER gets impatient with questions. he loves to help. his boxes are awesome. his likes to satisfy everyone. get ahold of him on AIM:donnballenger. Order your box today:) :) :)

ill post pictures of my box complete or im sure he will before he sends it :)

Gauntlet
11-08-2003, 10:09 PM
TTT

Here's the website without the problems of GeoCities

http://home.cwru.edu/~pwb4/donnballenger/

LoneRanger
11-09-2003, 05:45 AM
TTT

Here's the website without the problems of GeoCities

http://home.cwru.edu/~pwb4/donnballenger/

you are a golden god.....

you know, i just now noticed that there are naked ******* in your avitar....why haven't i noticed that before?

MikeGray
11-09-2003, 04:04 PM
lets see if u can carpet it all up and complete it 100%.. perfecto. and then we can ship it out on monday that smy goal to get it asap. how u doing on it?

MikeGray
11-10-2003, 12:01 AM
hey guys. i dunno im making donn a graphic for his new buisness site comming in a while. but maybe even a new sticker for peoples windows or watever. people can sport it after they receive there box from him :) give a little feedback on if this was a sticker :) would u sport it?:) somwhere!

P.S it might be too small to read. this forum wouldnt let me keep it full size. to see the full size go to.

http://www.gamingcafes.com/db23.jpg

otherwise here is a very small picture of it :) but click the link to see it better

Shugarra
11-10-2003, 12:39 AM
That logo looks very nice man!

ss3079
11-11-2003, 11:47 AM
That is a cool logo ... I even found myself recommending Donn to a guy all the way in CA yesterday :D

- Steve

MikeGray
11-11-2003, 03:56 PM
thanks guys :) i love doing art stuff. and i hope he gets that done as a lil flyer or sticker :). yea im in california and i bought a box from him :) just waiting for a couple of weeks so i can see pics and have it shipped. i cant wait :)

MikeGray
11-12-2003, 06:23 PM
hey don. i kinda need u. i talked to the stereo guy. and hes trying to think where to mount the amp.... and i told him the front kinda diagnal way.. so it fits.. and if it fits (i must have u measure asap) and if the box is divided inside? is it? or not.. he needs to kno if we can drill through the box and wire through it so we dont see wires...... he needs this info. id like to kno the info on the space between the 2 subs so i cans ee how much room we got for amp and how long is the port maybe i got lots of room on the side of it towards the end.. ... what can we do to mount? u built it.. ideas?

LoneRanger
11-13-2003, 10:00 AM
hey don. i kinda need u. i talked to the stereo guy. and hes trying to think where to mount the amp.... and i told him the front kinda diagnal way.. so it fits.. and if it fits (i must have u measure asap) and if the box is divided inside? is it? or not.. he needs to kno if we can drill through the box and wire through it so we dont see wires...... he needs this info. id like to kno the info on the space between the 2 subs so i cans ee how much room we got for amp and how long is the port maybe i got lots of room on the side of it towards the end.. ... what can we do to mount? u built it.. ideas?

I had an idea last night. How about if i made an extension on to the top of the face so that you could mount the amp on there straight? I can draw you a picture if you'd like. Its going to cost a few extra bucks to do that, but you can just add it on to the final payment if you decide to go that route.

Hit me up on AIM tonight and we'll figure something out.

MikeGray
11-13-2003, 04:58 PM
man just measure everything i need. i dont wanna add anything.. how much room do i have on the left and right of the port. since its only 1 foot long right? and its in the center?. and how much in between the subs.. give me all this measurment.. also can we drill through the box for wires the guy asked.. let me know. no more addons. i just want my box heh

MikeGray
11-13-2003, 11:07 PM
hey don. lets push this along. i need to kno this for the installation guy.. give me all diminsions about the box.. read post #43 and 45. i wanna get my box to me asap and also kno what i can do with it..

MikeGray
11-14-2003, 05:51 PM
ignoring us. avoiding us? we feel avoided. paid customer. don.

ss3079
11-14-2003, 06:47 PM
C'mon now man ... I know you're in a rush, but he does a life :)

- Steve

MikeGray
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
i totally know that. but i need this info. and i was suppose to see him at night, i waited and i didnt see him... this information is gonna cost me more money and without it i cant order my stereo... i dont even remember when i paid for my box.. i gotta wait for pictures also.. and the have it shipped.. it seems like its been 10 months. lol.. hmm when did i send money. let me see. brb. paypal heh november 6th heh.

also back to your have a life thing heh. i totally like donn. hes very helpfull and puts up with a lot from me.. i have nothing against him... but just talking about your quote heh.. it can go 2 different ways.... yes he does.. and also. theres another things of trying to make a buisness. and after some1 pays hehe. u kno.. well i just had to say it.. i am on my computer 24/7 a day looking at car audio stuff anxious to get mine and im waiting to order subs/amp until after i recieve the box heh. but nothing against u donn. it was just an opinion on how i see "he has a life" heh

but yea. u help me with alot :)

lombardo
11-15-2003, 06:15 AM
you haven't waited at all. Ask those kids who are waiting for their ed15a's for months about waiting.

LoneRanger
11-15-2003, 01:26 PM
double post......

LoneRanger
11-15-2003, 01:32 PM
i totally know that. but i need this info. and i was suppose to see him at night, i waited and i didnt see him... this information is gonna cost me more money and without it i cant order my stereo... i dont even remember when i paid for my box.. i gotta wait for pictures also.. and the have it shipped.. it seems like its been 10 months. lol.. hmm when did i send money. let me see. brb. paypal heh november 6th heh.

also back to your have a life thing heh. i totally like donn. hes very helpfull and puts up with a lot from me.. i have nothing against him... but just talking about your quote heh.. it can go 2 different ways.... yes he does.. and also. theres another things of trying to make a buisness. and after some1 pays hehe. u kno.. well i just had to say it.. i am on my computer 24/7 a day looking at car audio stuff anxious to get mine and im waiting to order subs/amp until after i recieve the box heh. but nothing against u donn. it was just an opinion on how i see "he has a life" heh

but yea. u help me with alot :)

Man......you need to really chill out.

Building boxes isn't my only job. I work 30 hours a week and go to school as well. Your business is very important to me, and I'm doing my best to get your box done as soon as I can. Good things come to those who wait my friend.

That amp simply will not fit on the box. You should either consider a different amp if you're dead set on mounting it to the box, or just find a different place to mount it. You can drill holes in the box to hide the amp wires, but i wouldn't recommend it. The wires take up internal airspace and can change the tuning of the box, and can also lead to nasty leaks if not done correctly. Had you mentioned this idea before the box was constructed, I could have adjusted the box to fit the amp and wires....hell, i would have even drilled the holes in the face and put rubber grommets in there for you.

Here's my offer: Either give me a sufficient amount of time to give you a top-notch enclosure, accept a half-*** enclosure because you don't want to wait, or I'll refund your money in full. Quality takes time, especially when you want me to take pictures of it before it goes out :)

MikeGray
11-15-2003, 04:19 PM
wtf, all pissed? lol

AIM?

MikeGray
11-15-2003, 10:57 PM
i fricking hate my life on weekends.. sooo boring.. all i do is sit here and look at a computer screen LOL. and shop on car audio.com thats what i have been doing for the last 40 days LOL

MikeGray
11-21-2003, 09:54 PM
nm edited

tobz
11-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey Don. I love you. Me can't wait for Boom. -Outie

MikeGray
11-24-2003, 02:02 AM
hey guys, im here to update everyone on my custom box order. donn ships it out tomarrow (monday) soo when i get it ill post pics and tell you how it sounds :)

LoneRanger
11-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Website was updated this morning at 9am EST. Lots of new pics of the work I've done in the past few weeks and more to come as soon as I get the rest of these disposable cameras developed.........somebody buy me a digicam, plz!

IgnoreMe
12-25-2003, 12:32 AM
was searching on here for info and i found this post. thought it was worth a bump for you ;) . btw, when i finally get my system and everything, i will most definatly be purchasing a box from you ;)

LoneRanger
12-25-2003, 06:08 PM
was searching on here for info and i found this post. thought it was worth a bump for you ;) . btw, when i finally get my system and everything, i will most definatly be purchasing a box from you ;)

check out the new site at www.gnomeaudio.com

looks way better than the turd i posted at geocities :)

kevin85193
12-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Sent you an e-mail few days ago. Want you to make me a box for my e12O.44 :)

tbcar
12-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Hey Donn. I figured I would hit you up here and see how the progress is going on my RE HC 12" SQL box. Its the Rhyno'ed one with the plexi window on top to see in.

you can reach me at tbcar@hotmail.com or 18825918 on icq

thanks
Brian

esco
01-02-2004, 06:04 PM
im definitely gonna get in touch with u...i need a box for 2 12" kicker comp VR subs...i havent bought em yet so if anyone does know something about em hit me up on AIM - the ice brick

Mixophrenia
01-02-2004, 08:05 PM
hey donny your site's down homie... might wanna email him to reactivate your account...

LoneRanger
01-03-2004, 12:52 AM
hey donny your site's down homie... might wanna email him to reactivate your account...

yeah....lil "technical difficulties" if you will.

it'll be back up in a few days, so just hold tight.

Gauntlet
01-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Shake them haters off Donn!

bumpin_blazer
01-03-2004, 01:49 AM
yeah....lil "technical difficulties" if you will.

it'll be back up in a few days, so just hold tight.

bah you officially **** mega wang man:(.

adam

marleyskater420
01-03-2004, 02:31 AM
Shake them haters off Donn!

bah you officially **** mega wang man:(.

adam
*Shakes fist at Adam*

:D

tbcar
01-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, word from the donn is that the box is being shipped.
I will post pics here if I get a free min once i have the box.
So far the transaction is smooth at silk