PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on PG RSD'S

robertspangler
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I just bought a set and havnt recieved them yet just looking for some imput and how much wattage i should put on each side, im looking for an amp right now so any imput would help out thanks!

galacticmonkey
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Really? Another ******* thread about these comps?

Cant you people just search?

robertspangler
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Why Does Everybody On This ****ing Forum Have To Be ***** To Everyone

whitedragon551
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I bought a pair. I like them. I dont have them amped yet. Im putting them on a Cadence TXA3004. Ill be putting around 70-100 to tweet and mids. Ive read they can handle around 150, but I would play it safe and follow the ratings.

galacticmonkey
07-13-2009, 07:33 PM

Why do you have to capitalize the first letter of every word? :confused:

robertspangler
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks For A Helpful Responce,

Digital Designs
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Why do you have to capitalize the first letter of every word? :confused:

He was trying to type with Caps Lock on, but thats what happens when you do that.

galacticmonkey
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
So caps lock is like cruise control for cool? :confused:

Theride
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
befareful not to melt the tweets

RowJoe
07-13-2009, 11:06 PM

Because you're a ******* that cannot use the search function. There are tons of threads and posts about these comps. They're not that great. Could have spent a little more and got a better set. Searching helps everyone out. :fyi:

BeAlLsTaR13
07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
i like mine, sound good.. got bout 80-100rms going to each side, vids in sig.

Varinabassing
07-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I liked them but can get better for a lil more they just didnt get loud enough for me

robertspangler
07-13-2009, 11:17 PM
For everyones info i did do a search and only found 1 review on them, thanks for everyone who gave an honest opinion.

RowJoe
07-13-2009, 11:26 PM
For everyones info i did do a search and only found 1 review on them, thanks for everyone who gave an honest opinion.

You **** at life.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264644
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281142
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277618
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298296

All the threads I linked (even the one about power handling) are at least 10 pages long and tcguy's thread is over 20 pages long. Surely you could have found your answers if you actually bothered to search for more than a few seconds.

eharri3
07-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Im the last one to put down anybody else's post but I coulda swore for awhile I was seein about 10 new threads about these per day, many right next to eachother on the list, tons of them asking the same question. I don't think people wanna be mean or anything but these were the forum boner and pretty much everything that could possibly have been said about them has at some point been said on here.

smgreen20
07-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Who the hell wants to read through 20 plus pages????? I don't.

Instead some people would rather b!tch about things because it's not how they would do something and get a cheap *** post count increase out of it. Who the FVCK cares if this is the 100th time someone has asked this? Yea, it'd be old, but then again, who in the hell WANTS to read 20+ pages?

To the post: I myself lost a tweet, as have others. I don't know how. I had them installed w/o any issues. Took them out to put in a set of PG Elite6's. After a while I decided I want to keep my Elite6 set as a collectible so I put the RSD's back in only to find a dead tweet. It worked when I took it out.

But a lot of people have had some issues w/the tweets. The mid on the other hand is just amazing. One of the best I've heard in a long while for lower bass output.

Now I know I'm going to get an *** raping for my opening comment, so I'm bent over waiting to take it. And I'm sure I'll get gay comments in return about taking it up the ***, but those are the ones that need to grow the fvck up!

tRiGgEr
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Good set for the money.

robertspangler
07-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, i cant wait to get them to install them.

RowJoe
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Who the hell wants to read through 20 plus pages????? I don't.

Instead some people would rather b!tch about things because it's not how they would do something and get a cheap *** post count increase out of it. Who the FVCK cares if this is the 100th time someone has asked this? Yea, it'd be old, but then again, who in the hell WANTS to read 20+ pages?

1. It wastes space on the forum. The forum is already slow, we don't need more crap threads to go through when the topic has been covered many times in the past.

2. The old threads covered the topic with more depth because people actually bothered to post good info back then. Many were curious about the capability of this set at the time. Everything from power handling, going active, midbass output, harshness of the tweeter and midrange frequencies with the woofer, and so on have all been covered already.

3. Why should we spoon feed info to you guys when it's readily available?

4. There's a search function. Learn how to use it. It's really not that hard.

5. It's probably not the best budget set any longer (subjective, I know) and plenty of us have moved on from them. Save yourself money in the long run and buy something like the ID CTX or the $139 PPI set. But hey, maybe if you keep spending $70 or so on new component sets you'll get one that's been blessed by the SQ/SPL gods themselves, right?

eharri3
07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Finally, some refreshing honesty. "Why waste my own time and effort to search when I can instead try to get someone else to waste THEIR time and effort to reply once more to a question that has been asked 16 bajillion times on here?"

stocker08
07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Good speakers for the price. Just replaced a pair with the PPI 355cs comps and it is really no contest. The midbass was really good on the rsd's but the tweeter was mediocre and the midrange was harsh.