PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer HD Tuner GEX-P20HD with DEH-6900UB: Tuner Presets???

jbd5010
07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey everyone. I have a Pioneer DEH-P6900UB head unit, and I recently purchased the 2nd generation Pioneer HD tuner add-on box, the GEX-P20HD. It connects to the HU via Pioneer's IP-Bus interface.

Because the HD tuner is made for all IP-Bus head units, it has different sets of instructions for different head unit types. The set of instructions for my head unit specifies that to add radio station presets, you press and hold buttons 1 through 6. However, the 6900UB doesn't have dedicated radio station preset buttons.

Has anyone figured out how to set HD presets with this setup?

Also, just a side compaint-- why does the tuner only utilize the bottom-right 8 characters to display station information? This head unit can display 3 lines x20 characters or so each. Ugh.

Thanks,
Jim

Louisiana_CRX
07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
you'll have to set the deck on scroll in the menu to read additional info...use the numbered keys on the remote for presets

jbd5010
07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Right, I have "everscroll" set for station info. I just wish it would use the whole display.

My remote battery died a long time ago, I guess I'll have to track down a replacement battery.

Thanks for the reply! I didn't even consider using the remote.

Louisiana_CRX
07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
you can pick up a battery at any auto parts store...or Wal Mart in the automotive section....

1hawaii50
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I went through the same thing trying to set the presets on my P980-BT. If you hit the "list" button on the H/U, it doesn't do anything if you're in "external" mode for the HD tuner. The "list" button only works if you use the factory tuner, I had to use the remote to set the preset stations. Kind of silly for a $300 head unit.