PDA

View Full Version : Morel Tempo 6 VS Hertz HCX690 VS ID CTX69

kevin lu
07-10-2009, 12:13 AM
i have a pair of Polk SR6500 on front run off a Arc Audio KS 300.4 and i need to get a pair of 6.9 coax for rear to fill in, which set is the best to go with my Polk SR thanks for help.

lyttleviet
07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I like the hertz 6x9s personally out of the 3 you chose.

Hoodlum007
07-10-2009, 12:28 PM
i have been very pleased with my ID comps, they sound excellent so i am going to say ID's :)

FJF
07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
i have a pair of Polk SR6500 on front run off a Arc Audio KS 300.4 and i need to get a pair of 6.9 coax for rear to fill in, which set is the best to go with my Polk SR thanks for help.

Are you sure about the rear fill? Your speakers are capable of startling performance. You'll only diminish it by adding speakers in the back.

Horsemanwill
07-10-2009, 06:22 PM
what kinda vehicle is this in?

kevin lu
07-10-2009, 11:04 PM
04 Honda Accord, it doesn't sound right without the rear speakers.

willelumplump
07-10-2009, 11:07 PM
what type of sound are you lookin for? how are your front speakers installed? i'm guessing your one of those use to the "surround sound"

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 01:42 AM
you were right wille "surround sound" i like my music to be warm and smooth, laid back, i am not a 20 years old guy like it loud.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 01:45 AM
have anyone using the Mac Intosh mss64? how they sound?

FJF
07-11-2009, 02:18 AM
...it doesn't sound right without the rear speakers.

What do you mean, exactly?

...i like my music to be warm and smooth...

How have you configured the system? I'm curious, because I also run the Polks and haven't found them to sound particularly warm, especially with the stock crossovers.

Vwbuskid
07-11-2009, 02:24 AM
i've personally been looking at these and they seem to be pretty nice, never heard them in a real install though, bonus that theyre polks in your case, you maybe looking for something nicer considering your frontstage

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14715_Polk+Audio+MM691.html

maybe these? never heard them but

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6024/CVLS69--Cadence-6"x-9"-3Way-Coaxial-Speakers.htm

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=220

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 04:55 AM
FJ i set the Polk tweeter -3 cause they was too loud and try to add a pair of 6.9 to get more mid and mid bass on rear, that make sense to you?

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Vw the Polk MM 6.9 is a cheap speaker, i am looking for something better and sound soft and warm.

Vwbuskid
07-11-2009, 07:05 AM
i figured you wanted nicer than the polks, one of the nicest 6x9's out are the Critical Mass RS69. I am unsure if they are "soft and warm" though. Ones too Definitely check into, if money isn't much of an issue

FJF
07-11-2009, 08:00 AM
FJ i set the Polk tweeter -3 cause they was too loud and try to add a pair of 6.9 to get more mid and mid bass on rear, that make sense to you?

Actually, it doesn't make sense at all. The SRs can deliver prodigious midbass in the right environment, meaning deadened and sealed doors. So much so, that one can easily see how the speakers can be used without a sub. At moderate volumes, they'll extend down to (an articulated) ~60Hz, although I cross over higher. The SRs are also capable of projecting a stable, 3-dimensional image, which is compromised by the addition of the rear speakers, not to mention the blurring of the system's focus and a decrease in transparency. Essentially, you're giving up most of what you paid for.

What does make sense is your configuring the crossovers at -3dB. Personally, I found the speakers to sound unbearably bright even at that setting, and this comes from someone who prefers a vivid, upfront presentation. This is why I found it puzzling that you referred to the sound as "warm."

Please take this in the best way possible, as it's not my intention to insult you. Having read some of your other threads, it's brutally obvious that you're challenged when it comes to system configuration, setup and tuning. You've chosen excellent equipment, yet the user's expectations and the install don't seem to match the capabilities of the gear. I guess I'm trying to say that you could get MUCH more out of your system as it sits.

I'd be happy to give you a hand, if I can, but there has to be more info. Pics would be great. Are you still using a 9886? If so, did you opt for the Imprint module?

Here's a brief review of the SR6500. Perhaps it can be of help:

http://www.caraudio-forum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1436-polk-sr6500-component-speakers/

Horsemanwill
07-11-2009, 01:55 PM
you were right wille "surround sound" i like my music to be warm and smooth, laid back, i am not a 20 years old guy like it loud.

i've installed the id ctx46, ctx57 and the ctx6 in a few cars and everyone loved the way it sounded. i think if you can go listen to the ID CTX69. and if you can't i'd still suggest that speaker.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 02:35 PM
FJ yes i have the whole car Dynamat and the tweeter sit on top about 20 inch above the mid and i found them too bright that's why i set them at -3, i have the Arc Audio XEQ with my Alpine cdx-9886, maybe the Polk SR is not for me, the best speakers that i have used is the Mc Intosh (i don't remember the model) but that was 12 years ago, i don't know they still making good speakers like they use to be not too many people talk about them, do you know anything about them? thanks for help.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
horseman, i do have them in mind, there's a store not too far from me that carry them, i will go over there and have a listen thanks.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 03:15 PM
FJ don't get me wrong the Polk sound good, i like them a lot better than the Hertz HSK165 i used to have (put them in my wife car and she love it ok good) if i add another set of 6.9 on rear with tweeter level adjust to bring the high down a little they will sound better i think, time to shop will get back later on.

FJF
07-11-2009, 03:30 PM
FJ don't get me wrong the Polk sound good, i like them a lot better than the Hertz HSK165 i used to have (put them in my wife car and she love it ok good) if i add another set of 6.9 on rear with tweeter level adjust to bring the high down a little they will sound better i think, time to shop will get back later on.

I'll be the first one to say that not all speakers are right for all people. If you feel the Polks aren't for you, by all means try something else.

I described the effects of adding rear speakers in my previous post. Simply put, the rear speakers will add to the quantity of sound, but decrease its quality. In most of your threads you mention a desire for a SQ system. This is not a good way to go about it.

When you say the whole car was Dynomat'd, does that mean that the doors were sealed?

I'd suggest that you bi-amp the SRs with your 4-channel ARC and the stock x-overs. This will allow you to turn the tweeters down further and you'll be able to use your EQ to effectively adjust the speakers' tonal balance.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 06:37 PM
FJ thanks for the input , i have my friend tune my system for me this morning and they sound awesome the reason is that i have my head unit on loudness, when he turn them off and adjust the tweeter at 0- the whole system sound so much better but still need speakers for the rear, the Herzt High Energy 6.9 three ways should be in the shop in 2 weeks so that what i am going for, what you think? if you know any high end 6.9 will sound soft and smooth please let me know thanks.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 06:43 PM
yes me and a friend did all the Dynamat and it took us 2 weeks, i was in car stereo for so long so i want everything to be perfect, you don't hear nothing but pure music.

FJF
07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
... but still need speakers for the rear, the Herzt High Energy 6.9 three ways should be in the shop in 2 weeks so that what i am going for, what you think?

I've already told you what I think, and even rephrased it in hopes of the message becoming more clear. Seeing that you didn't know to turn down the treble, as well not being familiar with the effects of loudness compensation, I can see how a lack of communication can exist. Good luck; I hope everything turns out to your liking.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 09:32 PM
thank you sir.

Horsemanwill
07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
horseman, i do have them in mind, there's a store not too far from me that carry them, i will go over there and have a listen thanks.

sweet hey tell me the name of that store i have another guy from fl lookin for some ID stuff.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 10:49 PM
P and R in Pinellas Park, on Park Blvd and 50 Street , they have them on display and they sound good on low volume but not as clean as Hertz Audio or Polk SR, piece of s**t store want $189 for it, i rather spend a little bit more to get the Hertz High Energy 6.9 3 ways come out in couples week.

Horsemanwill
07-11-2009, 10:52 PM
wow that's actually higher then retail. mind if i ask what they had it powered with and if they was running it full range or had some type of processing?

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 10:52 PM
i got 2 12 IDQv.3 from them for $500 last month but they won't hook me up with the speakers.

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 10:54 PM
they had the RE amp pushing them at full.

Horsemanwill
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
hmmmm

Horsemanwill
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
i got 2 12 IDQv.3 from them for $500 last month but they won't hook me up with the speakers.

that's a good deal was that with box or just subs?

kevin lu
07-11-2009, 11:06 PM
just sub, paid $100 for a custom seal box from Audio Expert of St Pete, all they carry is Arc Audio stuff i got 2 amps from them 1000.1 and 300.4 K Series and Arc XEQ for $1100 super nice guy.

ptannjr
07-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Hello Kevin,
I am the Image Dynamics Rep for Florida.

While the ctx69s will not be best heard in the application that Jeremy and Richard have them on, they are great speakers. Any time you can hear them in a car rather than on a display it will always be better. Plus IMHO the Arc amp may be a better sounding amplifier than the RE/US amps.

I am showing $179.99 is retail on those speakers. If you would like me to call the guys at P & R on your behalf, i would be happy to. Or if you prefer we do have the guys across the bridge at Audio Itch that also sell Image Dynamics. Chip or Dean would be happy to help you out but if you are in Clearwater i would rather see you just get them form Jeremy and Richard.