im down.

give me a time and date.

SPL-Master
07-10-2009, 12:20 AM
****, may be to far for me, depends on the date and time

alvitae
07-10-2009, 12:22 AM
****, may be to far for me, depends on the date and time

x2 Maybe on a weekend and no closer comps I might go and drag a buddy or two.

NoPh33rRaCiNg
07-10-2009, 12:39 AM
im in for sure give me 2weeks notice

Random1010
07-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Meh

Shinju
07-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Date and time.

Jeremy M
07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
i need a date / time...the sooner i have the date / time the better the chances are that i can make it.

Supergumby5000
07-12-2009, 05:57 PM
My build starts in august. I'll be there if my shits done.

Jeremy M
07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
any new word on this?

mrezstreet
07-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey guys...I'm josh...the guy that owns the shop tryn to get the show together...I have just opened a new location about 3 weeks ago and been so freakin bizy with custom installs...the county fair is mid augst and I am ganna have a booth at it, might bee end of augst if I can get the fair grounds rented or find a place to have it...my shop has like 5 parking spots lol...ill keep ya posted josh

Jeremy M
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
thanks Josh.

mrezstreet
07-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Well the fairgrounds are booked till sept...is this too late for u guys? Not many places for a show and I have little parking( and I'm next to the police station) let me know guys if that is ok, if not ill keep hunting...we have 2 car shows in augst in Elma...and the county fair. Lol so its kinda booked

Ground_Pounder
07-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Washington ***** for car audio anything. The shops around here try to sell you crap, half-*** installs and apparently do not know crap about building boxes. They are over-priced retards that take no real interest in car audio. This is the saddest state I have ever seen. NONE of the big organizations EVER seem to want anything to do with Washington and all of the car audio shops are too much of pansies to ever try to set something up on their own. What a freakin useless state. I regret ever coming back here.

tapout
07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Washington ***** for car audio anything. The shops around here try to sell you crap, half-*** installs and apparently do not know crap about building boxes. They are over-priced retards that take no real interest in car audio. This is the saddest state I have ever seen. NONE of the big organizations EVER seem to want anything to do with Washington and all of the car audio shops are too much of pansies to ever try to set something up on their own. What a freakin useless state. I regret ever coming back here.

leave?

Ground_Pounder
07-28-2009, 12:52 AM
leave?

I came from a state that actually gives a **** about this stuff. I've been watching these forums for a long time and nobody really cares. "Oh its too far, my girlfriend might get mad, I have to work, blah blah blah." I would do everything possible to get to a show in western washington. Gee it might cost a MAXIMUM of 200 bucks (including a motel for the night) because I seriously dout there is ever going to be anything going north of Seattle.

You dont need a car audio shop to do an event. Just have to have the space and some smaller towns, you can get LARGE spaces from the city for dirt cheap (or nothing) that can house LOADS of people. Longview is a good town for that. But of course "its too far" "does it cost anything" bo freakin hoo.

tapout
07-28-2009, 12:55 AM
lolumad

Random1010
07-28-2009, 12:55 AM

not true. ;)

Ground_Pounder
07-28-2009, 01:03 AM
not true. ;)

Okay. Like there are so many competitions going on. I have not found ONE and its even summer time. PATHEDIC!

mrezstreet
07-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Well I know that WA state is not got what some other states have for shows and most shops sell what people want to buy not what's the best...every biz I know is in it for $$$....but I am in this state...have a shop...and am the states ONLY re audio ath dealer...hifonics...crunch...mb quart...audiopipe ect...as soon as things slow down for me ill have dc sound in the shop too! Now you might call something crap that's better than what u run...but its mostly install that makes a system shine. Off 2 subs n my old astro I hit 159 outlaw off 2 15's and 3.5k power...they were 2 of a kind subs built for my van...it was a no name no bling sub that took home tropys...so what's crap...I have been putting 75 hour weeks to get customers rides done for car shows, ill do my best to put a real spl show on this summer...but I have to shell out some good $$ to let u guys play....so maybe you might think about that be4 call n u shop owners in WA crap

Shinju
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Well I know that WA state is not got what some other states have for shows and most shops sell what people want to buy not what's the best...every biz I know is in it for $$$....but I am in this state...have a shop...and am the states ONLY re audio ath dealer...hifonics...crunch...mb quart...audiopipe ect...as soon as things slow down for me ill have dc sound in the shop too! Now you might call something crap that's better than what u run...but its mostly install that makes a system shine. Off 2 subs n my old astro I hit 159 outlaw off 2 15's and 3.5k power...they were 2 of a kind subs built for my van...it was a no name no bling sub that took home tropys...so what's crap...I have been putting 75 hour weeks to get customers rides done for car shows, ill do my best to put a real spl show on this summer...but I have to shell out some good $$ to let u guys play....so maybe you might think about that be4 call n u shop owners in WA crap

This statement is only half true.

Washington State used to be one of the Top Car Audio/Car Show states on the west coast (Second to California) I used to drive up from Southern Oregon to Minitruckin Shows And audio comps almost every other month or more back in 95-98.

I do not know how long you have been here and I am sure you know this but ALOT of High end Car Audio Companies used to reside here in WA. And there was plenty of Audio competitions going on around.

HART, Audio control, Adire, R/T, Rodek and one state away Phoenix Gold ect ect.

Somewhere along the line Car Show's have been dumped down to HIN and very small Old School Hot Rod Shows <-- some great ones, But As far as audio comps go They are pretty much extinct now, I donít even see Car Toy's (yes I know they were not the best but still it was something fun to do) having them at all this summer and the summer is almost over.

Maybe someone with the time and energy will bring back the audio scene up here.

Ground_Pounder
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Well I know that WA state is not got what some other states have for shows and most shops sell what people want to buy not what's the best...every biz I know is in it for $$$....but I am in this state...have a shop...and am the states ONLY re audio ath dealer...hifonics...crunch...mb quart...audiopipe ect...

What is and is not the best is a matter of personal perspective without regard to actual facts about the company. Crunch is not the "best" but I love that company like no other. I hated some of the older stuff because the names they seemed to have for their equipment was simply retarded. I used Orion since I was in high school when they were located in Tempe Arizona right next to me in Phoenix. I swore by them and they made some good stuff. They still make really good stuff. SO, what is the best is simply a matter of personal perspective.

as soon as things slow down for me ill have dc sound in the shop too! Now you might call something crap that's better than what u run...but its mostly install that makes a system shine. Off 2 subs n my old astro I hit 159 outlaw off 2 15's and 3.5k power...they were 2 of a kind subs built for my van...it was a no name no bling sub that took home tropys...so what's crap...I have been putting 75 hour weeks to get customers rides done for car shows, ill do my best to put a real spl show on this summer...but I have to shell out some good $$ to let u guys play....so maybe you might think about that be4 call n u shop owners in WA crap

All this "good money" is a noise permit from the city and your time. Advertisement can be as simple as a flyer which can easily be placed in numerous counties at colleges, fairs, telephone poles, and businesses. My printer can whip out 5000 copies in nothing flat and all it will cost me is maybe one ink cartridge for $28.99. Let not forget that you can advertise in numerous newspapers and online which will not cost much either. You can also advertise on your website for free and places like here for free. SO you really have no real viable excuse as to why you dont actually do it.

BoominAudio
07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Can I take you up on the 5k of flyers for 28.99?:D

mrezstreet Is working on getting a show for you guys, We have been talking about having Boomin Audio run the show since thats what we do. Would you be willing to help with advertising to make this event a sucess? Would be cool to have shows in Washington!

What is and is not the best is a matter of personal perspective without regard to actual facts about the company. Crunch is not the "best" but I love that company like no other. I hated some of the older stuff because the names they seemed to have for their equipment was simply retarded. I used Orion since I was in high school when they were located in Tempe Arizona right next to me in Phoenix. I swore by them and they made some good stuff. They still make really good stuff. SO, what is the best is simply a matter of personal perspective.

All this "good money" is a noise permit from the city and your time. Advertisement can be as simple as a flyer which can easily be placed in numerous counties at colleges, fairs, telephone poles, and businesses. My printer can whip out 5000 copies in nothing flat and all it will cost me is maybe one ink cartridge for $28.99. Let not forget that you can advertise in numerous newspapers and online which will not cost much either. You can also advertise on your website for free and places like here for free. SO you really have no real viable excuse as to why you dont actually do it.

Random1010
07-30-2009, 04:47 PM

Mind if I ask what meter was used..?

RidnClean
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
so when is a comp going down

Ground_Pounder
07-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Can I take you up on the 5k of flyers for 28.99?:D Well that was a little extrmeme, but I was trying to make a point. It took me two cartridges to make 3900 flyers

mrezstreet
07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
The ac 190....and the 159 outlaw was a TL at a usac show...but it was outlaw that makes a big difnce...152 at the dash was a ac 190

burbonbags
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
I've been reading all these WA threads and just had to sign up to reply. I'm an IASCA judge since about 98. For the past couple years I've ended up judging a ton in Vancouver BC, but I'm trying to bring some shows to WA. There's a promoter up there that asks me a lot to do their SQ judging. I'm doing 3 shows in August and 3 more in September. Just been busy over the past few years (kids, career, etc) to try to bring some to WA. Eventhough I'm still busy, I'm just going to dive in and try. I'm working on a possible one in Wenatchee with a hot rod show on Oct 3 (will post a new thread on that one tonight). But the promoter in BC is kind of offering a free (kind of free for whoever hosts, but will still have entry fees) IASCA show to anyone interested. Anyone interested?

Also, since I just joined, anyone know if you can send private messages on here?

Ground_Pounder
08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
IASCA coming to Washington....I think that may take an act of God to happen but if it does, that would be pretty cool especially if its in Seattle, Tacoma or Vancouver.

mrezstreet
08-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Maybe someone with the time and energy will bring back the audio scene up here......
I am going to do my best to bring it back....I do not have endless cash...and I do have 5 kids at home asking if I have to work all night again.....to put on a show for u guys with nice trophies is a weeks pay check for some guys...out of my pocket....if I can't see a return on it why would I shell out the cash for you to play( I don't make $ off the show)? Well I love the sport...and the truth is spl guys don't just happen....its something the you get a bug and follow....shows help the bass head population....

RidnClean
08-08-2009, 01:10 AM
so we expectin a comp or what :)

jlaudio10w7
08-08-2009, 01:14 AM
how do you judge these? do they make DB meters or something?

mrezstreet
08-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes a db meter

mrezstreet
08-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Well no way I can pull it off in aug...I am shooting for sept now...fair grounds said that mid sept I MIGHT get a satdy and by then ill know if my sponsership is going to be with audiopipe or RE audio...and have a build ready for the show

burbonbags
08-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Get a hold of Team Shadow (http://www.westcoastextremespl.com/) - Robert might be able to help you get set up with judges and make it a sanctioned IASCA show. He's willing to do something at a low cost right now. We were talking back and forth about how to get some shows going in Washington and he mentioned he could keep the entry fees and provide score sheets, judges (I think Robert himself) and equipment and you would have to provide an outlet to plug the RTA into, advertising, and trophies (if you wanted to give out trophies). If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM.

RidnClean
08-14-2009, 04:45 PM
that *****.
guess gives me more time for rebuild.

mrezstreet
08-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep it kinda *****....I just had to drop a G and a job that has a 5G ballance is not getting done fast enuff....some of the parts got shipped and they r the wrong ones *cry* but I am doing every thing I can to do my part n getting real comps back it the NW

mrezstreet
08-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Are trophys that big of a deal guys? Or just having a show and finding out who's talking and who's really hitting good enuff

NoPh33rRaCiNg
08-14-2009, 10:09 PM
show is good

RidnClean
08-15-2009, 02:17 PM
cash is always good :)

but no, a show is good enough too.

BassFreq
08-15-2009, 05:36 PM
It would be awesome to have a show in WA, I would attend no matter what part of the state it was in. I have only been to some small comps in Salem and they were kinda lame. The one at the Audio Source was kinda tight.

mrezstreet
08-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Audio soure isn't a bad shop at all. Good guy....ill try to work something out with the fair grounds monday

RidnClean
08-15-2009, 08:05 PM
nice

NoPh33rRaCiNg
08-15-2009, 09:40 PM
whats up bassfreq i met you down in salem i have the red blazer with black rims.

mrezstreet
09-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok I'm working with the guys at the fair grounds..for a inside show fridays best I can do and first date is oct 9th could do a 5pm-10pm rental....then nov 13th and 14th are open....
Outside show sat in nov 1st 3rd and 4th satdy r open....

RidnClean
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
any of the dates are good.

which fairgrounds again?
and will we be using a TL this time?

mrezstreet
09-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Grace harbor fair grounds ( emla 98541 )
If you are still open to bringing the TL its on.....is the inside or outside best...I think what I'm ganna do is base it on subs....and I will have $$$ to rent so might do like 10-15 $ per car and do a deal like 1st place gets 30% 2nd 20% and 3rd gets 10% of what's in the class money pool...and it will help cover at lest some of the cost for renting the place....how's that's sound? Power and bats will be unlimited...and if you are walled you jump a class

RidnClean
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
yeah i can bring the TL.
its Grays Harbor i think lol?

i'd say inside to call it safe for a rainy day ya know?
but are we limited if we do it inside?(space i mean)

if so, then i'd do it outside.

boomintahoe
09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow. Aprox how far is it from 98223??

Random1010
09-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Howie why would I come?? I have an empty astro..

mrezstreet
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Its like a plain hanger 20-30 cars ez if we did it right 40ish. Might have some n parking lot and do class 1 inside then class 2... I would love to have 100 cars lol I think I could have 15 from local guys....look at my new post

Supergumby5000
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
;)

I'll be down for october meets, preferably after october 16th or later, but i could probably make it to earlier ones.

Jeremy M
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM
what about oct 10th...which is a saturday. i wanna come down for this meet but i gotta request it off cuz i work saturdays.

Shinju
09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Oct 10th is out for me, Its one of my good friends wedding.

Anytime before or after works for me.

Just installed my 9857 so far I like it, Different then what I am used to but I like it :)

BassFreq
09-12-2009, 12:00 AM
you guys should wait til beginning of nov, then ill have my 4500d and be ready.

Supergumby5000
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I would REALLY prefer any time post october 16th. I have 8 less hours of class per week on that day :D

mrezstreet
09-12-2009, 02:08 AM
If this one turns out good we will just have to have MORE!!the zip for elma is 98541

SPL-Master
09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
i would have to say as long as its a weekend for me i can come up and i know a date like a week in advance haha

NoPh33rRaCiNg
09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
id be down for a mid october or after meet. waiting for my blazer to sell right now

mrezstreet
09-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Ill try to work some better dates out now that I have feed back....keep loking at the post I put up "grays harbor count fair gronds show"