PDA

View Full Version : AVH-P4100DVD iPod Video

eNtitY~
07-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Has anyone got this working properly? I have a 30 GB 5G iPod Video. I have the video settings on the iPod set to TV Out [On] and I'm using NTSC. On the head unit I have turned it off and changed Aux1 to "Ipod" like the manual says but I still cannot get the audio or video working. Audio works with my iPhone but thats is.

Please help.

MSW Danny
07-10-2009, 03:06 AM
how is ipod connected? are you using the CD-IU200V?

eNtitY~
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Of course :)

eNtitY~
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Does anyone have the P4100DVD? Because I'm also wondering about the search capabilities. Every time I tap "ABC" and search a letter it takes me to the first song in that playlist starting with that letter, but I can't see to search again for the next song in the playlist with that letter. What an I doing wrong?

sublime258
07-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Bumping this...I have the same issue as the OP...I also have a 30gb 5th gen Ipod with all the same settings. I am getting sound, but no video from the Ipod. Anyone have an idea? I have been searching the internet and found a bunch of people with the same issue, but nobody that has resolved it.

zhastings06
07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I have been having the same issue. I just talked to pioneer and they said that I have a defective cable, and that is the issue when clearly others are having the same problem. If everyone calls 1-800-pioneer and tells them about this issue, and they are false advertising this product maybe something will be done. Has anyone been able to see video from their iPod?

eNtitY~
07-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I have been having the same issue. I just talked to pioneer and they said that I have a defective cable, and that is the issue when clearly others are having the same problem. If everyone calls 1-800-pioneer and tells them about this issue, and they are false advertising this product maybe something will be done. Has anyone been able to see video from their iPod?

Actually I think they're half right, and that I know the solution.

Does everyone who has this problem also have the cord with a USB connector on it? This is probably the most retarded thing ever but I guess there is also a cheap knock-off CD-IU200V that doesn't work with video. It looks like this

http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/245665/main/cdiu200v.jpg

This is the "actual" one thats made by pioneer, which has both an audio and video output visible.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/20090/130/p130iU200V-f.jpeg

Please let me know if I'm right about this, does anyone have the 2nd one pictured below and having issues with the video?

bigaudiofanati2
07-25-2009, 03:13 PM
It might be like the Jensen head units that I have worked with for them you actually have to manually go into the ipod and select the video. Just a thought

alinahatch
08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
So did you buy the Pioneer one and if so was your theory correct? We are having the same trouble as everyone (sound but no video) and have the knock-off cord but had wondered about needing the original one but don't want to spend the money if we don't need to.

I talked to Pioneer and they had me go to the initial menu and make sure the background function was off but that still did not fix the problem. They wanted me to bring it in for a diagnostic but I live in Mexico and would have to fly the unit home. I hope someone has the answer so I don't have to do that!!

Actually I think they're half right, and that I know the solution.

Does everyone who has this problem also have the cord with a USB connector on it? This is probably the most retarded thing ever but I guess there is also a cheap knock-off CD-IU200V that doesn't work with video. It looks like this

http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/245665/main/cdiu200v.jpg

This is the "actual" one thats made by pioneer, which has both an audio and video output visible.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/20090/130/p130iU200V-f.jpeg

Please let me know if I'm right about this, does anyone have the 2nd one pictured below and having issues with the video?