PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Monte Carlo Z34 Install Advice

darren700
07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I recently came into a monte carlo and now im thinkin about doing my install on it. I currently have a 15" Mag V3 in my cavalier coupe (ported firing forward sealed flush with the back seat.
On the monte there is not enough room to fit the 15" mag firing foward, so now i have to decide what to do. I have a US AMPS MD1D (1200 watts rms) to power and im not sure what direction to go in for subs...

I could make a new box and fire the 15" Mag backwards or upwards, but i am really worried about trunk vibrations and flex even with deadener i dont want my car to sound like a vibrating peice of crap from the outside.
I would really love to put in an 18 because of the huge trunk but like i said, i would have to fire up, and am worried about flex...
I was thinking of Two audioque SD2.5 12's ported and sealed up behind the back seats.

Anyone have any experience with these cars or could offer me some sub advice? any input is appreciated... (i would like to be as loud as possible without sacrificing much sq)

Enellz
07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Does the seats fold down. I had mine towards the back, even though I have a 97 lumina their pretty much the same, except the montes a 2 door and have a slightly bigger engine.

G.W.Kush
07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I recently came into a monte carlo and now im thinkin about doing my install on it. I currently have a 15" Mag V3 in my cavalier coupe (ported firing forward sealed flush with the back seat.
On the monte there is not enough room to fit the 15" mag firing foward, so now i have to decide what to do. I have a US AMPS MD1D (1200 watts rms) to power and im not sure what direction to go in for subs...

I could make a new box and fire the 15" Mag backwards or upwards, but i am really worried about trunk vibrations and flex even with deadener i dont want my car to sound like a vibrating peice of crap from the outside.
I would really love to put in an 18 because of the huge trunk but like i said, i would have to fire up, and am worried about flex...
I was thinking of Two audioque SD2.5 12's ported and sealed up behind the back seats.

Anyone have any experience with these cars or could offer me some sub advice? any input is appreciated... (i would like to be as loud as possible without sacrificing much sq)

i would do sub back port back

i had a 97 z34 monte carlo and stuffed a 4 cu ft enclosure in the back with a mach 5 audi mj-18.

its not bad firing up i always had better sound when everything was firing back.

G.W.Kush
07-05-2009, 09:57 PM
firing sub back port back as close to the hatch as possible - most loudness for me

G.W.Kush
my car was red. so that might make a huge difference.

G.W.Kush
Does the seats fold down. I had mine towards the back, even though I have a 97 lumina their pretty much the same, except the montes a 2 door and have a slightly bigger engine.

seats fold down.

do this

i did

darren700
07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
i would do sub back port back

i had a 97 z34 monte carlo and stuffed a 4 cu ft enclosure in the back with a mach 5 audi mj-18.

its not bad firing up i always had better sound when everything was firing back.

hmm ok, how was trunk vibration for you guys? was it loud? did you deaden it? thanks for all your help