PDA

View Full Version : Try this new BOX CALCULATOR

altoncustomtech
07-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry to repost this again guys but it won't let me edit the original post anymore with the new link.

This is an EXCEL based box calculator which will automatically figure your inside AND outside box dimensions for a given enclosure size, port configuration, and subwoofer displacement. Doing all this at one time eleminates the need to constantly refigure your box every time you change something such as port size, tuning frequency, etc. And when you change something it refigures it on the fly. So far everyone who's tried it seems to like it. I'm putting it out here for the real world tests. If you don't have excel download OpenOffice it has an excel compatible spreadsheet program and it's FREE. Let me know what you guys think of this little tool. Enclosure drawings for your designs are soon to come with cutout dimensions and the works!

Click here and give it a try: http://www.mediafire.com/file/iz5xy5zammm/Box Calculator.xls

altoncustomtech
07-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Morning Bump.....

csu87
07-05-2009, 03:24 PM
looks good. cant wait for the cutsheets and design drawings. that will be sick

altoncustomtech
07-06-2009, 07:56 PM
looks good. cant wait for the cutsheets and design drawings. that will be sick

Thankx and they're in the works.... my EXCEL 2007 can do WAY more then the older versions so it makes it hard because I have to do everything in the compatible mode so that it will work for everyone no matter what version they have.....

Bumpin' the thread too :p:

csu87
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
just do it in the 07. thats what i got. whos cares about the losers with old versions

altoncustomtech
07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Bumpin' the thread....

snb778
07-08-2009, 08:06 PM
nice.. got the exact same dims. on my design

altoncustomtech
07-09-2009, 11:16 PM
nice.. got the exact same dims. on my design

Sounds great....... you do your's by calc, program, or your own sheet? The fact that the numbers are good makes me feel good about the process.... now to just get those ****ed cut/design sheets finished and I think it'll be a winner....

csu87
07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Sounds great....... you do your's by calc, program, or your own sheet? The fact that the numbers are good makes me feel good about the process.... now to just get those ****ed cut/design sheets finished and I think it'll be a winner....

i keep waiting

Grinder1989
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Looks cool. I got some stupid error when I first opened it though. Something about calculating a formula or some ****.

altoncustomtech
07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Looks cool. I got some stupid error when I first opened it though. Something about calculating a formula or some ****.

if you have an older version of excel it's probably complaining about the circular references..... if it won't do the circular reference formula's then the slot ports calculations probably won't work for you.... excel didn't used to let a person do those.....

Grinder1989
07-09-2009, 11:49 PM
if you have an older version of excel it's probably complaining about the circular references..... if it won't do the circular reference formula's then the slot ports calculations probably won't work for you.... excel didn't used to let a person do those.....

Lame. What can I do about it?

csu87
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Lame. What can I do about it?

microsoft office blue edition:sneaky:

schrummy
07-10-2009, 12:02 AM
nice work

Grinder1989
07-10-2009, 12:42 AM
microsoft office blue edition:sneaky:

Where do I get that?

WOT
07-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Cool as heck man, once you get the cutsheets and a sketch feature working, you could sell this program and make some $$$

csu87
07-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Where do I get that?

google, download, install, enjoy

altoncustomtech
07-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Everyone who's using this, watch the outside height dimension for the Golden Numbers slot port calculations. It should be adding the thickness of the wood, instead its going a little more than that, I have it fixed but I don't think I'm going to upload the update until the cutouts and drawings are completed which will be soon!! Until then when you are looking at that dimension just figure that one in your head..

csu87
07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Everyone who's using this, watch the outside height dimension for the Golden Numbers slot port calculations. It should be adding the thickness of the wood, instead its going a little more than that, I have it fixed but I don't think I'm going to upload the update until the cutouts and drawings are completed which will be soon!! Until then when you are looking at that dimension just figure that one in your head..

i cant wait for the cutouts. if its good, i might have to donate