PDA

View Full Version : how many keys??!?

stopdrpnro
07-03-2009, 01:02 AM
99 grand cherokee+ python 872+ xk531 kit.

i don't have the balls to install it myself but i want to make sure i have everything thing i need b4 dropping my car off. some of the manuals say I'll need to 2 keys to program it others say just one. i only have one anybody know for sure?

Lisa Wilson
07-27-2009, 02:44 AM
99 grand cherokee+ python 872+ xk531 kit.

i don't have the balls to install it myself but i want to make sure i have everything thing i need b4 dropping my car off. some of the manuals say I'll need to 2 keys to program it others say just one. i only have one anybody know for sure?

Hello,

I am also not sure, but i remember, i read somewhere, we wants 2 keys for the same, i recommend you one site, you just go through with this, you can find many security systems here, its discountlocks.co.uk

Keep Sharing and Reading, Have a nice time a head!

Tonyguy
07-28-2009, 12:12 AM
If your Jeep key has black plastic on the keyhead, then you don't need 2 keys. If the keyhead is grey, then you need 2 keys and you'll only get 1 back.

mendon99
07-30-2009, 09:56 AM
If your Jeep key has black plastic on the keyhead, then you don't need 2 keys. If the keyhead is grey, then you need 2 keys and you'll only get 1 back.

wrong, with an xk531 he will get both keys back. 2 are just required to program only.. its not a key box.

itsbmw
08-07-2009, 02:29 PM
remote start data interface and door lock & alarm control for Python alarm systems * preloaded for use in late model Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles equipped with integrated 1st Generation Sentry Key RF transponder anti-theft systems * no key required -- works with your factory databus * included 10-pin harness provides wires to connect to your factory system * maintains factory alarm interface integrity * door lock, sliding door, and door pin status control * window roll-up * trunk/hatch release * 2-7/16"W x 13/16"H x 1-13/16"D *

You need two for programming k thx.

fbi90909
08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
alarms are weird.. i'll stick with my box, stick and string technique..