PDA

View Full Version : Port Direction..

n0ftInc
10-16-2003, 10:52 PM
I heard that you should place your port on the same side as the subs.. Why is this..? But then I heard, it is all good unless you can see your subs through the port.. Does it cancel it out or somthing..? :crap:

LoneRanger
10-17-2003, 01:32 AM
I heard that you should place your port on the same side as the subs.. Why is this..? But then I heard, it is all good unless you can see your subs through the port.. Does it cancel it out or somthing..? :crap:

A port is a port. Doesn't matter where you put it, it'll do the same thing.

Deven_1313
10-17-2003, 02:51 AM
Well my subs are MUCH louder when facing the back (sealed), does this mean that i should face the port back also??

LoneRanger
10-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Well my subs are MUCH louder when facing the back (sealed), does this mean that i should face the port back also??

Yup.

I just finished my daily driver box. The sub fires up into the lid of the trunk, and the port fires back toward the tail lights.......hellawang :D

lombardo
10-17-2003, 06:13 PM
what if I were to put the ports through my rear deck so the bass guys directly into the cabin? would that not work? Because my trunk is a tank, and my rear deck rattles like a mother...I was thinking this would bypass the rear deck canceling the rattles and then it won't have to fight the solidness of the trunk.

havoc06
10-17-2003, 08:13 PM
firing the ports in teh same direction is only imperitive when doing high spl applications...just getting the back and front waves as close together as possible. But as far as daily driving, any way you fire it will be ok

LoneRanger
10-17-2003, 08:26 PM
firing the ports in teh same direction is only imperitive when doing high spl applications...just getting the back and front waves as close together as possible. But as far as daily driving, any way you fire it will be ok

I don't think it really makes much of a difference unless you've got some sort of crazy box up your sleeve......

Remember the old CRX box? One of the best SPL monsters out there....the subs fired up and the ports fired back....oh wait....i just told on myself :)

Redford
10-18-2003, 10:42 AM
what if I were to put the ports through my rear deck so the bass guys directly into the cabin? would that not work? Because my trunk is a tank, and my rear deck rattles like a mother...I was thinking this would bypass the rear deck canceling the rattles and then it won't have to fight the solidness of the trunk.

I'm eventually going to build a box like that... by eventually I mean in about 2 months when I get my discount from work so I can guy a 2000w Audiobahn amp for cheap.

Redford
10-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Would be EDIT: But I don't think I'll be able to put the sub in the same direction as the ports because my box dimensions will be 40" wide, 11" deep and 17" tall. Because the top is only 11" in one dimension I don't think I'd be able to fit the 12" sub there.