PDA

View Full Version : Clarion DXZ785USB skips?

Undisputed King
07-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Alright so ive tried so many fixes with my current Panasonic HU, ive upgraded the power wire and ground to 12awg to the fuse box, added a group 31 battery, and well still it skips when I turn it up loud enough, and ive noticed it does it more often on tones 50Hz-70Hzish. So it has led me to believe that its just the POS HU that cant handle vibrations, so im looking for a new HU with some nice tuning options, and I want it to have 3 sets of outputs. And especially one that doesnt skip!

I've been looking at the Clarion DXZ785USB HU (~$150 shipped), mainly because of its time alignment, 3 sets of preouts, they are 6v, so I assume it would mean I wouldnt clip the signal coming out of my amplifier as easily since the gain wont have to be set as high. Does anyone know if this HU is known to skip? I would say im pushing somewhere around 144db? I dont want it skipping when I add another HDC315.

Or I buy a used Pioneer Premeir P880PRS locally for $150 bux. What would you do?

smgreen20
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
You shouldn't have any skipping issues w/that HU. I've used numerous Clarion HUs and I have a similar truck, the GMC version to yours.