PDA

View Full Version : Going Active-Hints,tips?

TheeyaN
07-01-2009, 07:21 AM
I have a Pioneer DEH P88RS,have a switch on the side of the HU and it says NW and STD.

NW is a 3 way network,and STD is standard.. This is what the manual says:

Classic car audio set-up: comprising front and rear channels and subwoofer output.

A 3-way set-up: which integrates both a high and low range channel, combined with a subwoofer. The network settings feature 11 cut-off points for each of the high, mid and low range high pass and low pass filters. Slopes can be adjusted in at least five steps and the phases can be reversed if necessary. The configuration enhances sound staging and imaging and is likely to be the preferred option for the most demanding audio experts.

To optimise sound image, staging and frequency response, the DEH-P88RS uses automatic time alignment and equalisation to adjust the audio settings.

I have two amps. One amp is for the sub,and the second amp is for the components.

Does that mean i should go active and set the switch to NW?

Also speaking about the cut off points,is that something like LPF HPF or is it something else?

JeepBeats96JGC
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
to go active effectively it's best to have 3 amplifiers , 1 amp on tweeters, 1 amp on speakers and 1 amp on subs. this way you tune each freq. going to each individual amplifier.

TheeyaN
07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
So what i should i do now? I am using one amp for mids and tweets with crossover.. Should i turn it on NW or should i stay in the STD mode?

Man this is so confusing ^^

JeepBeats96JGC
07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
std mode

ace_800
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Keep it in STD mode. To use the NW for active you would either need a 4 channel or 2 2 channel amps. And you wouldn't use the crossovers.

TheeyaN
07-01-2009, 10:24 AM
This is the only thing that i am a bit scared off ^^

WARNING:
Do not use the unit in standard mode when a
speaker system for 3-way network mode is connected
to this unit. This may cause damage to
the speakers.

So basicly to go active i need another amp,and a new cable instalation trough the car? I mean speaker cable instalation. I dont think i am going with that for now.. Maybe later on.

OK what about this: i live it in STD mode,but i turn the internal amp OFF? How bout that?

JeepBeats96JGC
07-01-2009, 10:35 AM
that is perfectly fine

TheeyaN
07-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Cool..

And what amount of power are we talking about if i chose to go active?

The components are Alpine SPR 17S..