PDA

View Full Version : Prefab Bandpass

AllenH427
06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I've read around the forums, and it appears bandpass enclosures are better than ported and sealed. I don't know if that's a general term of being "better" than all prefab boxes.
http://woofersetc.com/p3658/PBP212--Ground-Shaker-12%22-Dual-Pro-Bandpass.htm
I was looking at this. The wood is a 16th of an inch thinner, but I don't know if that's a major factor. If I were to get this, I'd be putting 2 Type Rs inside it.
Yay or nay?

westman995
06-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Im by no means a box expert.. And knowing i seem to see way more higher end, and spl type stuff on the site, and most seem to be leaning towards ported boxes. Most wouldnt say bandpass is better.. A prefab, absolutely not, but a custom made bandpass box built to exactly what your trying to achieve would be more desirable.. So if going with bandpass, build your own. Well either way, build your own box no matter what. Most are going to say go with a custom made ported box tuned to whatever.. And im sure someone on here can tell you a good box size and tuned frequency for the subs.

So, NAY.

galacticmonkey
07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I can design you a bandpass if you want. You can build it for under $60.

AllenH427
07-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Where would I get such plexiglass? (Also the carpet, I've been wondering about that for a while now.) And is a bandpass better than ported?

G.W.Kush
07-01-2009, 11:09 PM
ew at prefab

westman995
07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Im pretty sure most of the custom bandpass boxes guys build on here just use pure wood to build the enclosure. You dont HAVE to have plexiglass, its basically just for the looks/seeing the subs.

azimuth
07-01-2009, 11:50 PM
way too small anyway. you'd get better results doing ported instead. a properly done bandpass that will actually sound good will be far larger

AllenH427
07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
So do people design boxes for free here? I'll consider building on. I don't know how to carpet one. I plan on cutting out the logo of the sub brand in the black carpet, and underlaying white carpet, so the logo would be white, if that's possible.
Do you guys recommend two separate chambers each with their own port? Or 1 chamber, 1 port.