PDA

View Full Version : Ported Box Help

nosaj070
10-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Hi, i was going to build the ported box example on ed's website for a 12k, but realized i dont have that kind of room to spare. At most i need the box to stick out 12 inches at the top, and i would like to have the back angled, if thats even possible in a ported enclosure. the width (looking at the sub) doesn't really matter, but anywhere in the 20's is decent, as far as height i've only got about 14 inches to work with Im going mostly for sq, so i figure a port around 26 would be good? or lower, so does anyone have any dimensions or ideas? thanks eh for some reason i can't upload the diagram, so hopefully you kind of get the idea, the angle on the back shoudl be around 60 degrees

LoneRanger
10-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi, i was going to build the ported box example on ed's website for a 12k, but realized i dont have that kind of room to spare. At most i need the box to stick out 12 inches at the top, and i would like to have the back angled, if thats even possible in a ported enclosure. the width (looking at the sub) doesn't really matter, but anywhere in the 20's is decent, as far as height i've only got about 14 inches to work with Im going mostly for sq, so i figure a port around 26 would be good? or lower, so does anyone have any dimensions or ideas? thanks eh for some reason i can't upload the diagram, so hopefully you kind of get the idea, the angle on the back shoudl be around 60 degrees

if you want to send me your diagram, i'd be willing to help you out as much as i can. hit me up on aim screenname donnballenger

infrabass
10-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I sent you a pm, check it before you do anything man.