PDA

View Full Version : to amplify or not to amplify

skylineTT
06-29-2009, 03:17 AM
well i have an 87 mustang that has 4"s in the dash, 6.5"s in the doors, and 6x8"s in the rear deck. as of now i have infinity kappas in the dash and doors and about to buy something in the same quality range for the rear deck. they are being run off of a pioneer head unit and dont sound too bad or anything but... i heard some amplified set ups and they sounded awesome. ive always been really sub-stage smart but not as much front stage and i just so happen to have a 2ch MTX TC2002 (100 watts @ 2ohms to each channel), and an old american made Planet Audio PA1002 (100 watts @ 2ohms to each channel).

i can throw the mtx on the front 4 speakers and the PA on the back 2 and have the amps hidden nicely but do you think itll really be worth it? i was thinkin about buyin midbass speakers for the back deck but im not sure. what do you guys recommend for my situation? thanks

treadburner
06-29-2009, 03:20 AM
it would be worth it

Louisiana_CRX
06-29-2009, 03:22 AM
do it

skylineTT
06-29-2009, 03:37 AM
ahh k. should i run separate power wires from the batt to each amp or a wire to one amp, then a wire from the first amp to the 2nd, then separate grounds?

and also, what do you guys think about runnin midbasses in the back deck instead of coaxials?

SSS 18734
06-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Midbass should be in the front, along with the rest of your soundstage.

Yes, externally amp your speakers. Single biggest difference you can make in your front stage by far.

dragnix
06-29-2009, 04:18 AM
it'd be a good idea to put your speakers in the front, that's why it's called a front stage.

skylineTT
06-29-2009, 10:40 AM
well i have 6x8 spaces in the back deck so im either going to install 6x8 coaxials or something else and it will be amplified reguarless. the front 4 speakers will be amplified so thats settled. also, how should i wire the 2 amps up. diff power wires or a wire from batt to first amp, then first to second?

if i dont have midbass in the back, should i do 6.5 midbasses in the doors and the 4 inch coaxials in the dash?

prcwitt
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
depends on the size of the wire that you already have ran. If it can support both amps than all you need to do is use a distribution block on the power wire to go from 1 wire to 2. then just ground the other amp. If the wire you have cant support both amps then you either have to upgrade the size of wire that you have or run another wire. For your setup it would be easier to just upgraded the wire and use what you pull out for connecting the two amps to the distro block if needed.

headless
06-29-2009, 11:09 AM
amp the fronts, get rid of the rear deck speakers...and replace those kappas with something decent IMO. Those kappas sound pretty bad imo; you can do much better for the $.

Hoodlum007
06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
amp the fronts, get rid of the rear deck speakers...and replace those kappas with something decent IMO. Those kappas sound pretty bad imo; you can do much better for the $.

Agreed

skylineTT
06-30-2009, 04:44 AM
yeahh i dont like em either but they came with the car so i just used em. ive installed a few sets of kicker KS series speakers in a few cars and they sounded awesome. any other suggestions for 6.5 midbasses and 4" coaxials?