PDA

View Full Version : ID cxs62 vs CDT HD-62

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Any one have experience price is not a issue just sound and quality I am leaning towards the cxs62 but would like opinions

KOL
06-28-2009, 11:34 AM
edit- disregard

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Either my rf 150a2 or 250a2 any reason why the cdt is better have u heard both I thought the cxs would give more mid bass

GearGuy2001
06-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I dont have personal expierence with either specific model but I love my Image Dynamic CTX65 CS

Plus they fixed my comp woofer that blew for free (partially my fault it blew lol)

KOL
06-28-2009, 12:15 PM
edit- disregard

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 12:44 PM
How much power do they take the old rf amps are underated my 150 does 250w and my 250 does almost 500w

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Also which has more bass and which has more clarity or does the cdt win all around?

KOL
06-28-2009, 01:51 PM
How much power do they take the old rf amps are underated my 150 does 250w and my 250 does almost 500w
you're talking about bridged output

KOL
06-28-2009, 01:53 PM
disregard

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes but at 2ohm the 250 should be close to 200 w a channel and I have both sets one is going in my daily and the other in a car im building so tryin to figure out which one is better got both new for really low prices so not looking for anything else anything how much power would I need for each component speaker?

KOL
06-28-2009, 02:56 PM
oops disregard all I have said, I was thinking of the ctx65s
i haven't heard that set of ID's

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Ohhh lol I was very confused as I have heard people switch from cdt to Id but also visa versa

KOL
06-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Ohhh lol I was very confused as I have heard people switch from cdt to Id but also visa versa

yeah sorry my bad. if it were me i'd go with the ID's just from what i've heard about them

Hoodlum007
06-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Both are very nice comps, the CXS has a version 2 comp set that has the XS tweeters you should look at.

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
i have both sets already how do i tell if i have the v1 or v2 cxs set?

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
nvm it says nx30 right on the box lol so i got v1s

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
i guess noone has heard them both?

dragnix
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
probably not. Usually people that have IDs don't switch ;)

badvlvo
06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I have heard the ID's and I have CDT's in my truck. The CDT's fit the budget for my truck and sound pretty **** good for the money. I like the ID's woofer better for sound in that application, but it had more power going to them. My CDT's sound as good when I run the RD amp at 150w bridged. The CDT's I have are basically the old model HD's with a lower end crossover. But the crossovers will not be needed soon enough when I have the second amp.

So I am sticking with the CDT's and getting another amp so I will have more power.

jrouter76
06-28-2009, 08:12 PM
i guess noone has heard them both?I have had both and Ilike the IDs much better,both were ran off the same amp KX 800.4 and the ID`s tweeters are better sounding to me more airy,midbass the IDs are more clearer,the CDT`s were somewhat muddy,but did have a robust low end output....hope this helps.

BadmonBuilt
06-28-2009, 08:12 PM
thanx for the info

KOL
06-28-2009, 08:40 PM
i have both sets already why not give each set a couple weeks of play & deside from there...& report back with your findings of course :)

FJF
06-28-2009, 08:52 PM
i have both sets already how do i tell if i have the v1 or v2 cxs set?

I had the IDs (V1) which to this day stand as the worst sounding car speakers I've ever purchased. Obviously other folks feel differently about their IDs, as seen by the replies in this thread. As you have both pairs of speakers, listen to them and trust your own ears. Good luck.

Hoodlum007
06-29-2009, 12:35 PM
I had the IDs (V1) which to this day stand as the worst sounding car speakers I've ever purchased. Obviously other folks feel differently about their IDs, as seen by the replies in this thread. As you have both pairs of speakers, listen to them and trust your own ears. Good luck.

LOL, the ID's are the worst sounding speakers you haver ever purchased. I have a feeling if i look at your install it will be the worst install attempt i have ever seen. LOL

FJF
06-29-2009, 12:44 PM
LOL, the ID's are the worst sounding speakers you haver ever purchased. I have a feeling if i look at your install it will be the worst install attempt i have ever seen. LOL

:confused:

There was no problem with the install, but I have to ask why you've chosen to display this much vitriol, just because someone's preference structure and point of reference is different than yours?

Hoodlum007
06-29-2009, 12:47 PM
:confused:

There was no problem with the install, but I have to ask why you've chosen to display this much vitriol, just because someone's preference structure and point of reference is different than yours?

It was just the way you said they were the worst sounding speakers you ever purchased, you made it sound like you had got pyramid or boss speakers.
I am using the entry level ID comps and i am really impressed with them so i just cant figure how the better CXS series would in any way be worst speakers you ever owned.

FJF
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
It was just the way you said they were the worst sounding speakers you ever purchased, you made it sound like you had got pyramid or boss speakers.

No, I made it sound like I bought the IDs, which were directly specified in the text. They stand to this day as the single worst car speaker I've ever heard in any of my systems.

James Bang
06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
more info of why or how they sounded bad might help

Hoodlum007
06-29-2009, 12:53 PM
What did you not like on them? the tweeter the midbass or what?

FJF
06-29-2009, 01:00 PM
more info of why or how they sounded bad might help

You're right. Compared to a relatively common speaker like the BA Pro60, the IDs sounded veiled and opaque, they lacked dynamics, detail and articulation, and displayed almost zero resolution. It was as if someone took his hand, cupped it over his mouth and tried to speak. Simply put, music sounded muffled, compressed, an undefined.

got-one-eight
06-29-2009, 01:01 PM

That's a pretty bold statement. ID makes good stuff although maybe it cant compete with $1500 components its still a good sounding set. I would have to think this has to do with install or your tuning. I am curious as to what you did not like about them.

FJF
06-29-2009, 01:06 PM
That's a pretty bold statement. ID makes good stuff although maybe it cant compete with $1500 components its still a good sounding set. I would have to think this has to do with install or your tuning. I am curious as to what you did not like about them.

Please see the previous post. Out of sheer curiosity, have you heard these speakers in a familiar environment like your own car?

got-one-eight
06-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Please see the previous post. Out of sheer curiosity, have you heard these speakers in a familiar environment like your own car?

Sorry, I posted before I saw your post. The speakers were in a car and I own a truck so I cant compare them directly to my set and I do prefer my set over those. I did not think the ID set had a muffled sound. These were ran on axis in the kicks which I thought had a good sound. At the time I was running Focal KRX2's and thought the ID set were easier to listen to. There are better sets but I would not call them the worst set I have ever heard. I would say some infinity reference I heard a few years back are one of the worst I have heard in a while.

FJF
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry, I posted before I saw your post. The speakers were in a car and I own a truck so I cant compare them directly to my set and I do prefer my set over those. I did not think the ID set had a muffled sound. These were ran on axis in the kicks which I thought had a good sound. At the time I was running Focal KRX2's and thought the ID set were easier to listen to. There are better sets but I would not call them the worst set I have ever heard. I would say some infinity reference I heard a few years back are one of the worst I have heard in a while.

Clearly, we have differing points of reference. It probably wouldn't be a stretch to say that our respective expectations differ greatly, as well. Having read some of your posts and your Focal thread, you seem to be concerned with tonal balance. There's certainly nothing wrong with that. You may have noticed that my description of the IDs revolved around other factors, never mentioning the tonality of the transducers. While I have no doubt that worse speakers exist, I haven't heard any in my own system(s). This said, I try not to install garbage into my cars. :)

FWIW, I don't comment on audio gear that I have not heard and worked with in my own environment. It's unfortunate that many recommendations of this forum stem from individuals who've never heard the gear and are simply going with the flow. This practice seems to be institutionalized. As a result, it's not unusual to witness folks who do not comprehend the most basic audio concepts and who haven't heard **** generate thousands of posts consisting of equipment recommendations. Hell, I've read complete threads where it was apparent that none of the participants ever heard the gear being discussed. <grin>

got-one-eight
06-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Clearly, we have differing points of reference. It probably wouldn't be a stretch to say that our respective expectations differ greatly, as well. Having read some of your posts and your Focal thread, you seem to be concerned with tonal balance. There's certainly nothing wrong with that. You may have noticed that my description of the IDs revolved around other factors, never mentioning the tonality of the transducers. While I have no doubt that worse speakers exist, I haven't heard any in my own system(s). This said, I try not to install garbage into my cars. :)

FWIW, I don't comment on audio gear that I have not heard and worked with in my own environment. It's unfortunate that many recommendations of this forum stem from individuals who've never heard the gear and are simply going with the flow. This practice seems to be institutionalized. As a result, it's not unusual to witness folks who do not comprehend the most basic audio concepts and who haven't heard **** generate thousands of posts consisting of equipment recommendations. Hell, I've read complete threads where it was apparent that none of the participants ever heard the gear being discussed. <grin>

You are right. Our opinions differ greatly.

bulldoggg
07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I have a set of cdt hd 3ways and absolutely love them. I was considering the image dynamics xs set for my girlfriends car. (I can get them way cheaper) if I like the cdt's is it safe to say I probably wouldn't like the image set because they're so different?
Thanks

audiolife
07-04-2009, 10:35 AM
ID>CDT. Have yet to hear a bad set of ID anything that was wired right ... have yet hear cdt's that i actually liked as much as the el cheapo set of ID.

bulldoggg
07-04-2009, 10:40 AM
So they sound very different?

audiolife
07-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Both can sound pretty good just never heard a set of CDT's that ever made my jaw drop. The level of "happiness" you get with either depends on what level you are used to listening to imo. Thats why so many people stroked over a $80 set of RSDs a year or more ago.