PDA

View Full Version : June 28th: MECA show, schererville

tommyk90
06-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Yep, I dropped the ball again.

There's a meca show in schererville tomorrow, the 28th.

It's held at street audio, right off highway 41 a mile or so south of route 30.

Street Audio
2321 Highway 41
Schererville, IN

Clinics start at 9, show starts at 11.

Myself and my teammate les (abel on the forums) will be there. :)

dasinde91
06-28-2009, 05:11 AM
ya I will be there, all my buddies talked me into going to this local show instead of hitting up a db drag in Michigan. I still am lost on how this MECA stuff works, but who knows it should hopefully be fun. What are the clinics??? Would I really need to be there @ 9am?

Abel
06-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Clinics is just testing, the judges will give you some time on the meter to help find your peak note.

mlstrass
06-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Looks like DOA is heading down for this one as the show up in Round Lake has NO sound competition....

mlstrass
06-28-2009, 12:06 PM
If I can get out of work early enough I'll head down...

moneybags
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Looks like DOA is heading down for this one as the show up in Round Lake has NO sound competition....

Yeah:(

mlstrass
06-28-2009, 12:21 PM
koopa get your *** down there.

If I can get out at 2:30 I'll make the drive as it's like 1 1/2 hours.

dasinde91
06-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Had some fun & great to meet all of you DOA guys & gal, & Tom. I loved all the installs you guys have.

The only down side I have to say is I took first in S5 & got a little medalian & the amtuer street winners got the big trophies. I thought the show could have been ran a little faster & probably would have ended @ about 2 or 3 instead of around 5.

tommyk90
06-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, it was their first MECA show and they really didn't do enough preparing.

They said they plan to have another show or two so hopefully they get the hang of it. :)

mlstrass
06-28-2009, 11:52 PM
I got there right at the end then didn't meter worth a ****. I think it turned out to be the song I had on my iPod was recorded much lower then the one on Martin's iPod that I used before. I was off 6+dB's and changed nothing but that.

CONGRATS to TommyK for kicking *** with his 10" terror and to the DOA guys for grabbing a bunch of trophies and medals!!!!!

And I got to see/hear Les demolish another sub LOL

headlesskoopa
06-29-2009, 12:21 AM
i needed to get louder......

audioqueboy
06-29-2009, 12:27 AM
i needed to get louder......

Broke PHI Broke WE AINT GOT IT

Abel
06-29-2009, 12:44 AM
I got there right at the end then didn't meter worth a ****. I think it turned out to be the song I had on my iPod was recorded much lower then the one on Martin's iPod that I used before. I was off 6+dB's and changed nothing but that.

CONGRATS to TommyK for kicking *** with his 10" terror and to the DOA guys for grabbing a bunch of trophies and medals!!!!!

And I got to see/hear Les demolish another sub LOL

You can always count on me breaking something :)

Tonyguy
06-29-2009, 02:35 AM
It was nice to see some of you guys up there again. Definitely was fun. Now I really can't wait to finish my truck to show those mother****ers what real SQ is.

mlstrass
06-29-2009, 02:37 AM
It was nice to see some of you guys up there again. Definitely was fun. Now I really can't wait to finish my truck to show those mother****ers what real SQ is.

What you putting in the truck?

Tonyguy
06-30-2009, 12:04 AM
What you putting in the truck?
For now, i'm running a piece of **** HU. But i'm in the process of trying to stuff 80 sq ft of Damp pro into a regular cab S10. I'm gonna be putting Hertz HSK-165 midbass in the doors until I can afford HAT L8s. I'm also got some HAT L4s that are going into the dash mounted factory location. They will be running from about 400hz or so (still tentative) on up until they roll off naturally around 16-17k hz. No tweeters. And I hopefully will have an ADS PQ40.2 running the midbass and an ADS P450.2 running the mids. Power should be 300 x2 at 4 ohms for midbass and 150 x2 at 4 ohms for mids. And the sub is still in the air as I don't have much space. I have an 8w7 that I may try to fit in somewhere.

mlstrass
06-30-2009, 02:09 AM
For now, i'm running a piece of **** HU. But i'm in the process of trying to stuff 80 sq ft of Damp pro into a regular cab S10. I'm gonna be putting Hertz HSK-165 midbass in the doors until I can afford HAT L8s. I'm also got some HAT L4s that are going into the dash mounted factory location. They will be running from about 400hz or so (still tentative) on up until they roll off naturally around 16-17k hz. No tweeters. And I hopefully will have an ADS PQ40.2 running the midbass and an ADS P450.2 running the mids. Power should be 300 x2 at 4 ohms for midbass and 150 x2 at 4 ohms for mids. And the sub is still in the air as I don't have much space. I have an 8w7 that I may try to fit in somewhere.

I believe the HAT L4 is designed to be run with a tweeter and I'm sure your sound stage would be better with one. One of the DOA guys runs a HAT 3-way set up and it sounds solid.

I stepped away from SQ this year and I'm more SQL. Still sounds good to the ear, but no worrying about staging issues, etc... just loud and clean sounding :D

dave_damage
06-30-2009, 02:27 AM
I hate work!!

Tonyguy
06-30-2009, 02:35 AM
I believe the HAT L4 is designed to be run with a tweeter and I'm sure your sound stage would be better with one. One of the DOA guys runs a HAT 3-way set up and it sounds solid.

I stepped away from SQ this year and I'm more SQL. Still sounds good to the ear, but no worrying about staging issues, etc... just loud and clean sounding :D

True, it is designed to be run with one. But a few people over on DIYMA have had great luck running without one. Here is an example of one:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/60325-bob-morrows-h-t-tacoma.html

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia%20L4.pdf

And here in the second paragraph on the first page of the users manual, they discuss the drivers abiity to be used as a near-full range driver. It extends up to 17k easily, and although it does when on axis, and my mounting won't be, I think the reflections will help with the top-end. And worst case, if not, I always got the tweeter from the Hertz set that i'll add use it as a 3-way set. Thanks for the suggestions anyways. :)