PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P4000UB (Car Deck) ... How to Reset?

lchazl
06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi there,

I have a DEH-P4000 USB MP3 car deck.

When I have the USB plugged in, it creates a library that is is saved onto the deck so when I put new music on the USB, all of the new stuff gets pushed to the end, when it should just refresh and reorganize (i.e. it is saving the folder order, which I don't like).

How do I reset the deck? I thought there would be a button you push with the faceplate off, or something, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Chaz

phemps
06-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi there,

I have a DEH-P4000 USB MP3 car deck.

When I have the USB plugged in, it creates a library that is is saved onto the deck so when I put new music on the USB, all of the new stuff gets pushed to the end, when it should just refresh and reorganize (i.e. it is saving the folder order, which I don't like).

How do I reset the deck? I thought there would be a button you push with the faceplate off, or something, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Chaz

Try disconnecting battery negative that resets my deh5000ub

whitedragon551
06-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Also resets my DEH5800.

phemps
06-27-2009, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=whitedragon551;6308404]Also resets my DEH5800.[/Q

I think you got your answer then

lchazl
06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Right, thank you for that, I guess that is the ultimate solution, but on a day to day basis if there was something on the deck that would do it, it would be better, but I guess pioneer doesn't have their act together on that front

yodatech88
07-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Pioneer is more interested in making a reliable stereo then they are in putting a reset button to fix their mistakes. Not often do you need to reset a Pioneer. I have been selling them for years and very rarely have I had too dramatic of issues with them.

The reason why it moves the folders to the back is not because it uploads them into the stereo, but that is how you uploaded them onto the drive. The stereo reads the drive like you read a book, from front to back, newest information gets put in the back. Simply resetting the stereo won't change the nature of a thumb drive.

Side Show
07-02-2009, 12:17 AM
^^^ Hit the nail on the head! change the folder layout on your memory stick.