PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter pressed in...

hornedfrog1985
06-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Ok, I was outside working on the AC and my dog got into my new morel tempo 6xs... He ended up obliterating a crossover, and the tweeters were pressed in, and so was one cone... Now the tweeters popped back out on their own, but my mid is still smashed in. Will this have cause any problems to the way they sound, or did my dog just ruin them? I don't have pics either.

Yes, I was really pissed at my dog but this isn't the first time something like this has happened in life, and I'll get over it...:verymad:

bamaboy
06-27-2009, 12:38 PM
get pics, then we'll talk

hornedfrog1985
06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't really have a camera that can take those close ups. The tweeters look fine to me, and I'm pretty sure the mid should be ok... I really didn't want to run active though, but I'm getting an 880prs on Tuesday. As long as the dog doesn't chew them up.

hornedfrog1985
06-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Anyone know if the tweeter just has to be pressed in to be ruined, or if it has to get cracked etc...? Thanks for the help.

dragnix
06-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone know if the tweeter just has to be pressed in to be ruined, or if it has to get cracked etc...? Thanks for the help.

depends on how bad it is. I've had tweeters that have gotten pressed in, popped out, and played just fine.

hornedfrog1985
06-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I was incredibly pissed when I came inside the house and saw my brand new speakers spread all over the living room floor. Thought I could go outside for 1/2 hour without having my **** get ate up.

Guess I'll have to test them out then.