PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Pioneer DEH-P710BT

dtbrown
06-27-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm considering this unit. How well does the bluetooth work? How well does the usb work? Any input would be appreciated.

dtbrown
06-30-2009, 01:26 AM
No one?

Blue_C1500
07-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I have the DEH-P7000BT not the 710BT but the bluetooth works awesome. I leave the bluetooth on my phone on and as soon as I turn on the key it automatically pairs with my phone. I have only used the USB for the iPod control but it works ok. It's a little slow to navigate the menu but that might be easier on the 710BT.

TheeyaN
07-01-2009, 03:47 PM
U cant really go wrong with pioneer.. Everything they make is top quality,and it lasts forever ^^

yodatech88
07-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Pioneer has done marvels with their echo cancel on the Bluetooth portion of this stereo. They are using a double boom MIC to help eliminate as much as possible. The double MIC also helps with how well the person on the other end can hear you, older HU you had to yell at inorder to be understandable.

USB level input is easier than using a computer. If you can upload it, you can access it on the stereo. Press list, find what you want, and press enter. Be warned though, if you want the USB run to your glove box be ready to pay extra for a USB extension. Pioneer decided to cut costs and that extension cable was one of their unneccesary expenses.

Other then that, you can't go wrong with Pioneer. They have been in the business for ages. Time heals all wounds, with the amount of time they have worked on that stereo, they have it pretty refined.

dtbrown
07-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks for feedback guys. My only concern is if Pioeer's rca ouputs still have that same problems with going bad. I used to own pioneers for years but every one of my units along with friends that owned pioneer rca ouputs went bad.

Blue_C1500
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I had an old Pioneer FH-P95 years ago and the display went out so I switched to Sony. I just recently tried this Pioneer and when I first installed it I had A LOT of noise. There was an alt. whine and a lot of popping when I would change any settings. I went back and forth with Pioneer support for over a month and the guy actually told me "tough ***** deal with it". So, the radio just sat around in the box until one day i was reading a thread on SMD and someone was having the same problem and someone else chimed in and said to try grounding the RCAs. I went and tried it and that was the problem. I'm not sure if that's what you are talking about when you say the RCAs went bad because it seems like more of a ground loop issue to me, but maybe the poor ground was causing your problems.

dtbrown
07-03-2009, 02:28 AM
So it sounds like pioneer still has the same problem. *****. I know that grounding helps but what i'm talking about is that the rca's are easy to go bad if they recieve any type me ground loop feed back from not having an amp properly grounded first upon install or something along those lines. But was you're not the first person to have to ground the rca's of a pioneer.

SethPhillips
07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Pioneer has a problem with the audio ground diode popping. When that happens it allows feedback through the whole system. Grounding the RCA's is a temporary fix, or you can send it to Pionner to replace that diode. Its like a $45 repair at most local repair shops. If its a premier, you get a two year warrantly and can get it done free of charge, and they put a bigger diode in it after the repair so you shouldn't have the problem again.