PDA

View Full Version : I hate IPods

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I am about to buy a zune because i am tired of all the file transfer BS i have to do in order to put music on my IPod...

I have been reading up on alot of head units and see that they are IPod adaptable... is that exclusively for IPod or will they sinc up to my Zune???

I also see alot of USB ports on head units now... if i just hooked my Zune through that would it charge???

Thanks,
Mike

TurdFergueson2
06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Do what you feel Brah. Look for one with an Aux in and just switch to that when you want to play it. You will more than likely have to control everything from the Zune. Not sure if iPod compatible HUs will work the same with Zunes though.

jco1385
06-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Apple ftmfL

i want to sell my ipod and get something else. the bish stays locked up :crap:

mlstrass
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM
My Pio 880/iPod dock combo works well for me. File transfer problems might be user error as I've never had any...

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Do what you feel Brah. Look for one with an Aux in and just switch to that when you want to play it. You will more than likely have to control everything from the Zune. Not sure if iPod compatible HUs will work the same with Zunes though.

Thats what i was thinking... but if i run a video in and audio in... i should be able to run the zune off the HU.. right???

i found an adapter for the zune that has a video out plug...

jmanpc
06-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Zune = Win

I love mine.

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 04:38 PM
My Pio 880/iPod dock combo works well for me. File transfer problems might be user error as I've never had any...

What player ar eyou using???

schrummy
06-24-2009, 04:42 PM
you will have to use the zune to control evrerything. i have the 30 gig brick and i am very pleased with it. only down side.... cant control it through the head unit...

jdawg
06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
just buy a HU with a usb, use a flash drive or get an external hard drive, **** all that sht

mazzasec
06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
IPOD's FTW!

jco1385
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
IPOD's FTW!

:crap:

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
just buy a HU with a usb, use a flash drive or get an external hard drive, **** all that sht

another thing i was thinking.. and you can control the files through the head unit??? and would it power through the HD??? not sure what they call it... you know how the computer powers the hardrive just by being plugged in??? that thing... do HU's do that???

Proximity
06-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I use an ipod for my car and I love it. What bs do you have to go through with transferring? You connect it and hit sync. So easy, a caveman could do it.

Ryan1126
06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
sounds like its your comp, i have never had said problem with my ipod. i have the alpine cda-9857 with the ipod hook-up and it works great.

jco1385
06-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I use an ipod for my car and I love it. What bs do you have to go through with transferring? You connect it and hit sync. So easy, a caveman could do it.

itunes is teh ****.

WMP > itunes

Pioneer~Saturn
06-24-2009, 04:56 PM
I never have and never will own an Ipod...8 gig flash-drive in my usb slot for the headunit ftmfw

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM

For The Record!!! Go Penguins....

and no.. i have a 250G external with music on it and i have to transfer from a regular MP3 file to Isuck before i can put it on my IPod... and I only have 1.2internal on my computer... so... it eats alot of uneccicary space on my computer...

IPods still **** :)

jco1385
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I never have and never will own an Ipod...8 gig flash-drive in my usb slot for the headunit ftmfw

i said this until i found the ipod adapter for my deck at CC for $5 and then a 30gig ipod video for $20 on CL

FML

grimreper912003
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I had a zune once. Tried running it on a comp with XP media edition and it would work on my OS. Called microsoft and they told me to buy a new OS. Told them fawk off, returned my zune and bought a touch. Havent looked back.

Drxz
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I have a Zune 80 GB and as of now there is currently no USB hookup to headunit provided by any manufacturer. You will have to control music selection through the Zune itself. Also, you will either need to connect your Zune by its 3.5 mini jack (headphone jack) or purchase a Zune interface kit by Soundgate to connect by its data port on bottom of zune. This kit by Soundgate allows for a constant charge source to the Zune and a choice between connecting to your headunit by a 3.5mm jack or RCA connection.

Ellsworthz
06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
my first gen 1gig nano, running strong after 5years..

you gotta be smarter than the ipod..

files are easy to put on, DL from limewire, drag to itunes playlist, update ipod.. easy as that homie.

jco1385
06-24-2009, 05:04 PM
I have a Zune 80 GB and as of now there is currently no USB hookup to headunit provided by any manufacturer. You will have to control music selection through the Zune itself. Also, you will either need to connect your Zune by its 3.5 mini jack (headphone jack) or purchase a Zune interface kit by Soundgate to connect by its data port on bottom of zune. This kit by Soundgate allows for a constant charge source to the Zune and a choice between connecting to your headunit by a 3.5mm jack or RCA connection.

i already have to do that w/ my ipod :crap:

the **** goes thru the changer port and doesn't have a full interface to control the ipod. just see's it as a disk changer. that could be a JVC ftl, but we'll say it's apple ftmfl

jonathan demuth
06-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Maybe the iPods hate YOU.

Pioneer~Saturn
06-24-2009, 05:13 PM
i said this until i found the ipod adapter for my deck at CC for $5 and then a 30gig ipod video for $20 on CL

FML

But see, even if it were given to me I'd just sell it haha...don't need one. don't want one..

jco1385
06-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Maybe the iPods hate YOU.

then it's mutual

patrick1202
06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
my first gen 1gig nano, running strong after 5years..

you gotta be smarter than the ipod..

files are easy to put on, DL from limewire, drag to itunes playlist, update ipod.. easy as that homie.

this ^^^ i have a huge *** pink ipod mini my friend gave me and it is going strong. no problems with transferring files. i have pioneer HU with ipod interface.

jdawg
06-24-2009, 05:17 PM
another thing i was thinking.. and you can control the files through the head unit??? and would it power through the HD??? not sure what they call it... you know how the computer powers the hardrive just by being plugged in??? that thing... do HU's do that???

some hard drives are too big and the HU wont power them, buy one with an external AC cord and a power inverter

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 05:24 PM
some hard drives are too big and the HU wont power them, buy one with an external AC cord and a power inverter

I can dig that.... and the files will all be usable with the HU's touch screen right???

jdawg
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
as long as its the right file type, ie. wmp, mp3, avi, whatever, check with your manual of you touchscreen, should tell ya

**** if you want put a 500gig in there, *** a gayass ipod

JimJ
06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
WMP > itunes

Foobar > both

jco1385
06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Foobar > both

http://www.foobar2000.org/

this? never heard of/seen it before. is it similar to either?

JimJ
06-24-2009, 05:37 PM
this?

Yes.

is it similar to either?

No, which is why I use it. Not a resource-hogging bloated program, plus it supports ASIO drivers for bit-perfect playback in XP.

Random1010
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
The Itunes/Ipod setup is designed so literally anyone could do it. A 55 year old woman from Ohio and her 6 year old autistic child can use it. If you're really having difficulty, ask for some help. Unless you're trying to do something really advanced, in which case don't blame the system for being basics orientated.

jco1385
06-24-2009, 05:43 PM
The Itunes/Ipod setup is designed so literally anyone could do it. A 55 year old woman from Ohio and her 6 year old autistic child can use it. If you're really having difficulty, ask for some help. Unless you're trying to do something really advanced, in which case don't blame the system for being basics orientated.

then why doesn't it use mp3, instead of having to convert it? that'd be much easier. and you wouldnt need to have 2 copies of ****. idk, i just don't like it. reminds me of using a mac :crap:

Random1010
06-24-2009, 05:46 PM
then why doesn't it use mp3, instead of having to convert it? that'd be much easier. and you wouldnt need to have 2 copies of ****. idk, i just don't like it. reminds me of using a mac :crap:

What are you trying to do?? Put CD into computer. Copy. Drag. Even downloading music illegally or music on my comp from before Itunes, takes under 1 min.

crazyeyes
06-24-2009, 05:47 PM
as long as its the right file type, ie. wmp, mp3, avi, whatever, check with your manual of you touchscreen, should tell ya

**** if you want put a 500gig in there, *** a gayass ipod

precisely.. put all my music vids and some movies and **** on it too...

i got a pretty good idea where i'm gonna put everything too...

drpeeb
06-24-2009, 05:48 PM

x2 ... Not a single problem.

hatedonmostly
06-24-2009, 05:48 PM

The file transfer problems are that you have to install the ******* piece of **** software iTunes to use it...lolz

jco1385
06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
What are you trying to do?? Put CD into computer. Copy. Drag. Even downloading music illegally or music on my comp from before Itunes, takes under 1 min.

it's a hassle, because i use WMP to play music on my PC, so i'd have to have a separate folder for itunes music.

honestly, i have an ipod (have had it for a while) and i don't have itunes on my PC. i just use what the guy i got it from had on there. i don't even want to fawk with itunes, or even have the **** on my PC. apple **** is all bastard-ized

jdawg
06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
*** itunes, drag and drop whole folders from your library, plug it into your deck, done

Random1010
06-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I guess I'm the only person in this thread to use Itunes. It's not that tricky guys..It holds music. Let's not start the Windows vs. Mac battle over what program lets music sit there better.

fbi90909
06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
i love my ipod. sadly my ipod took a dump on me last week on monday and stopped charging. on the plus side, it cost me 5 bucks for a new battery. :D
though i've had my 30gb video suince they were first released. that things a champ. beten to all hell too.
love it with my 9887. easy to control search thru the tons of music it has. **** that AUX to 3.5m connection. Ipod Control FTW.

jdawg
06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
I guess I'm the only person in this thread to use Itunes. It's not that tricky guys..It holds music. Let's not start the Windows vs. Mac battle over what program lets music sit there better.

I just hate the fact that I have an ipod SHUFFLE and i have to now use itunes and transfer my entire library to itunes and transfer over one song at a time, really just wanted it to put a bunch of songs on as well as use mp3 discs. Yea I still have to control it like an external mp3 player but its retarded that i have to use a whole new program just to move files over. I have a USB now. Drag and drop folders is so much easier. No extra program, no coverting, nothing to charge, plug in a flash drive, drop some folders or songs, unplug, plug in deck, done. I dont have to take the song already on my HD and put it in itunes, then drop it over to the ipod, convert it, and all that ****.

nuugen
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
1.5t HD>>any ipod...99-139.00, make sure your HU has USB.. Ain't gonna fill it up very soon...

patrick1202
06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
why are you guys having so much trouble... all i do is open itunes, drag and drop music straight from the source folder i keep it in and there you go. it takes no time at all.

jdawg
06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
why are you guys having so much trouble... all i do is open itunes, drag and drop music straight from the source folder i keep it in and there you go. it takes no time at all.

because most of us have been using wmp for 10 years now and once again apple comes out with some other gay ****. Whats wrong with wmp and dragging and dropping files in windows like everyone has been doing for an eternity? Why extra programs and converting files? I dont have a problem with it but all these extra steps just to put files on an external storage device is pretty retarded.

slim2fattycake
06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
lol. Flash drive >>>> ipod. No need to open up itunes. Just straight drag and then go.

jco1385
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
because most of us have been using wmp for 10 years now and once again apple comes out with some other gay ****. Whats wrong with wmp and dragging and dropping files in windows like everyone has been doing for an eternity? Why extra programs and converting files? I dont have a problem with it but all these extra steps just to put files on an external storage device is pretty retarded.

this :fyi:

fuckin apple :rolleyes:

Dak446
06-24-2009, 10:43 PM
alpine ida-x100 + old school ipod that i leave in my truck 99 percent of the time = win

Macklessdaddy
06-24-2009, 10:50 PM
lol. Flash drive >>>> ipod. No need to open up itunes. Just straight drag and then go.

this

bigaudiofanati2
06-24-2009, 10:58 PM

X2 Not only is an iPod simply the best and has been for 5 years now but also itunes is as well Love them both. Simply the best. Nothing can beat them people are just jealous that they didn't think of apples design first. iTunes is so nice all your music is organized and categorized any way you want it.

Ellsworthz
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
ipod is so much easier. i can get just about any song in the matter of seconds, im a ipod wheel king, F searching through folders and ish' on the headunit with USB which takes forever.

crazyeyes
06-25-2009, 07:12 AM
X2 Not only is an iPod simply the best and has been for 5 years now but also itunes is as well Love them both. Simply the best. Nothing can beat them people are just jealous that they didn't think of apples design first. iTunes is so nice all your music is organized and categorized any way you want it.

i just think all MP3's need to be treated the same... apple has its OWN software and bullshit that comes with all ipods... how about we make everything compatable with ALL MP3's??? huh?? what about that... no... just apple.. oh that *****..

OH RIGHT>>> APPLE BUYS PEOPLE to use only there shity software...

programs are simple.... you tell them what to read and hear... just take out a few pieces of code and it will do the same **** with any normal MP3... but no one does this...

program a deck to read an MP3 player!!! not just an IPod....

THATS MY POINT!!!!

i use to have ITunes but i hate having 250G of stuff on my external... then having to transfer what music i want onto I-Tunes (when i would really just like all of it on there) and taking up 120G of space on my comp for no reason when i clearly got the external for just that purpose (to not have my music on my comp)

problem solved... i'm getting an external for my ride and I-Tunes can **** a fatty!!!

that is all....

Mike

edit----

BTW you can make playlist on WMP nad they have these rad things called... what was it... oh yeah..... FILES that it reads... and i keep my folders seperate by genre and artist.... the same way a gay *** IPod would... not that hard

for the record.. just razzin you guys...

but for real...

IPod *****!!!

Bass911
06-25-2009, 07:30 AM
You could buy a million Zunes for all I care! It still wouldn't get them anywhere near the sales of Ipods. Ipods are better. I don't understand these haters now a days. Some dummy was arguing me down about how his G1 cell phone was just as good as my 120gb Ipod for music. Itunes has its problems sometimes, but the good outweighs the bad. Itunes is currently working great for me so I just never update it anymore. Most people have problems when they accept updates. Another guy said his portable hard drive was just was good, but on mixed cd's he couldn't get the silence out between each track. If you import a mix cd into Itunes it automatically figures all that out for you. It also works perfectly in a car or home without having to be picked up. The Ipod is a great product.

Bass911
06-25-2009, 07:38 AM
ipod is so much easier. i can get just about any song in the matter of seconds, im a ipod wheel king, F searching through folders and ish' on the headunit with USB which takes forever.

You're exactly right! Preach to these fools!

expoli
06-25-2009, 07:46 AM
LoL what a great topic...

I have to agree with the op.... and everyone else who hates ipod...

number one because the ipod is a **** fashion statement...

"Ohhhh you have the new Ipoo, you are so cool, i am gonna get the new Iwhogivesadam when it comes out"....

Really though,

Just get a 32 gb flash drive, for like 50-60 bucks...

And load this music on it..

A flash drive all you have to do is plug it into the system boom its recognized and blam get your music....

**** ipods and iphones you have to download all these apps....

sarge_in
06-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I LOVE itunes for its simplicity to update the iPod. Drag and drop is SO old-school. Here's why - I like to manage my music quite actively, meaning keeping the tags updated, rename if required and what not. And I want to see those changes in the iPod that I use in car. If it were drag and drop, I would have to seek out the exact files I updated, then delete them from iPod (can become a chore if I renamed the files) and then track down say 200 files 30 folders and drag and drop them.

With itunes, all I do is update the tags in itunes, and then connect the iPod. iTunes figures out what files have changed and updates them automatically. What can be simpler?!

To some of the complains above:
1) If you use WMP, you do NOT need to make another copy of songs for iTunes. Just point itunes to your music folder and it can pick them from there. You can decide whether you want itunes to rename and organize your files or not. I like that option as it keeps files organized very nicely.

2) It DOES play mp3! ALL my files are mp3. If you import CDs using itunes, you can change the default settings from AAC to MP3 easily and it will use that for all its conversions. So no, you DON'T need to change the format to use itunes and load them to iPod.

3) You don't need to drag file by file for shuffle etc. Just create a custom playlist and add songs to it from the itunes library. Setup shuffle options to sync only with that playlist, and voila the shuffle syncs easily with that playlist.

Yes, there may be a SLIGHT learning curve to setup the options and setup playlists, but once you do it it really pays off. E.g. I have automated playlists that pick songs from 2007 onward that I rated more than 3 stars from my favorite genres. All I do is maintain tags in files and update ratings, and the playlist is updated automatically and ready to go in iPod and then the car.

Please spend a LITTLE amount of time reading and learning to use it before bashing it and claiming it doesn't have features that it does!

slim2fattycake
06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
updating and renaming files is easy without itunes as well. lol. learning curves are needed for those that need extra programs to do the simple.

sarge_in
06-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Updating and renaming files is easy yes, but then synching back those files to ipod/other play/hard drive is not. Neither is creating playlists on USB drives!

jerseyboy
06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
man. I had 3 ipods in my life and never had a problem sofar (knock on wood) I have an 80gb now and I have like 4000 songs and over 20 movies on it. I can play the movies from the ipod on my tv or on my HU wich is a double din tv.
asfar as transfering music or any files. its as easy as cake. you drag everything in..lol.. how hard can it be. keep all the songs on itunes library and if anything ever happens, so easy to put them back from the library

ejschultz
06-27-2009, 11:05 PM
The only thing I don't like about my iPod is there really aren't any adapters for anything that will charge it. I've got a second generation itouch. Other than that I absolutely love it. I use it literally all the time, even for replying to this thread.

bigaudiofanati2
06-27-2009, 11:08 PM
i just think all MP3's need to be treated the same... apple has its OWN software and bullshit that comes with all ipods... how about we make everything compatable with ALL MP3's??? huh?? what about that... no... just apple.. oh that *****..

OH RIGHT>>> APPLE BUYS PEOPLE to use only there shity software...

programs are simple.... you tell them what to read and hear... just take out a few pieces of code and it will do the same **** with any normal MP3... but no one does this...

program a deck to read an MP3 player!!! not just an IPod....

THATS MY POINT!!!!

i use to have ITunes but i hate having 250G of stuff on my external... then having to transfer what music i want onto I-Tunes (when i would really just like all of it on there) and taking up 120G of space on my comp for no reason when i clearly got the external for just that purpose (to not have my music on my comp)

problem solved... i'm getting an external for my ride and I-Tunes can **** a fatty!!!

that is all....

Mike

edit----

BTW you can make playlist on WMP nad they have these rad things called... what was it... oh yeah..... FILES that it reads... and i keep my folders seperate by genre and artist.... the same way a gay *** IPod would... not that hard

for the record.. just razzin you guys...

but for real...

IPod *****!!!

You can import any song into itunes. I do not know why you have so much trouble. Also try buying a song or a cd once in a while makes things so much easier. :crazy:
It was made for the ipod the software is that good that they do not want it to be used with inferior mp3 players. IPOD RULES and will continue to for a long long time.

Skip01
06-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Zune *****....i had one before my iPod to be diff and its gay.

The interface loading is worse too me, iPod is simple too me now

bigaudiofanati2
06-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Shoot there even in space.
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=22762

SSS 18734
06-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Itunes is designed for beginners who are clueless when it comes to maintaining a media library. This describes 95% of the population that uses computers. This is why the itunes/ipod combo is so popular, not because it is genuinely "better" software.

Itunes isn't terrible, I suppose. It's simple and foolproof, but its weakness lies in its simplicity. There are far too many restrictions on file format, the quality of the playback *****, and it offers no options for customization. Not to mention it's horribly bloated.

bigaudiofanati2
06-27-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL no it is made so you do not have to spend countless hours trying to locate a song and you can have it all right there in front of you ready to do whatever you want to do with it.

SSS 18734
06-27-2009, 11:28 PM
LOL no it is made so you do not have to spend countless hours trying to locate a song and you can have it all right there in front of you ready to do whatever you want to do with it.

I can do that in Mediamonkey and Foobar as well. But I also don't have the drawbacks that iTunes does. In fact, just about every media player in existence allows you to do this. Go and learn how to use some real media library software before you make comments like this. This whole thread is painful.

ejschultz
06-27-2009, 11:32 PM
What's wrong win having a program organize everything for you? I don't know about you, but I did organize about 3000 songs at one point and I can't tell you how many hours that took.

I'm not sure if microsoft ever fixed this, but I don't believe you can use WMP on the Zune. You still have to have the crappy zune software.

SSS 18734
06-27-2009, 11:35 PM
What's wrong win having a program organize everything for you? I don't know about you, but I did organize about 3000 songs at one point and I can't tell you how many hours that took.

Most media libraries will organize your files exactly like iTunes does. The problem with it is that iTunes doesn't rename your files to your preferences, tag it the way you want it to be tagged, capitalize the way you want it to, and it creates folders in ways that aren't an ideal way to organize files. You still have to edit everything yourself if you want it to be perfectly organized to your preferences. But with the help of programs like ID3 Tag-it, it's much, MUCH easier. I've maintained all 15,000 songs that I have personally. And no, I don't spend countless hours doing it, either :p:

When I used iTunes, I always unchecked the options that said "Let iTunes organize my music for me." It's a pain in the *** if you like to have a properly organized music collection.

bigaudiofanati2
06-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I can do that in Mediamonkey and Foobar as well. But I also don't have the drawbacks that iTunes does. In fact, just about every media player in existence allows you to do this. Go and learn how to use some real media library software before you make comments like this. This whole thread is painful.

NA I'll pass I enjoy itunes and everything they offer including the movies, music, tv shows, music videos, radio, podcast and all. The genius feature is sweet as well.

SSS 18734
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
There's nothing wrong with using iTunes if you enjoy it. I used too use it to before I learned there were more sophisticated options out there ;)

ejschultz
06-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Proper organization is in the eye of the organizer. Some people are very picky while others (from my experience mostly women) could care less if the song has nothing more than a title. I personally make sure that no tags are edited, capitalization is correct, and every song has album art. Those are my biggest concerns among others. iTunes is good enough for me. I'll occasionally have to fix or add something, but that's fine with me.

ejschultz
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Genius FTW!

SSS 18734
06-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Proper organization is in the eye of the organizer. Some people are very picky while others (from my experience mostly women) could care less if the song has nothing more than a title. I personally make sure that no tags are edited, capitalization is correct, and every song has album art. Those are my biggest concerns among others. iTunes is good enough for me. I'll occasionally have to fix or add something, but that's fine with me.

This is true. I DJ, so I need to be able to have a perfectly organized library that I can search by genre, artist, album, title, beats-per-minute, etc flawlessly. I have to be able to switch between programs and have them instantly recognize the files without any errors or discrepancies in organization style. Which is why iTunes is a terrible choice for me - it's not sophisticated enough... and its bloated. bleh. :)

ejschultz
06-27-2009, 11:54 PM
This is true. I DJ, so I need to be able to have a perfectly organized library that I can search by genre, artist, album, title, beats-per-minute, etc flawlessly. I have to be able to switch between programs and have them instantly recognize the files without any errors or discrepancies in organization style. Which is why iTunes is a terrible choice for me - it's not sophisticated enough... and its bloated. bleh. :)

I could definitely understand the need for extreme organization for DJ purposes.

bigaudiofanati2
06-27-2009, 11:58 PM

X1000000000000000000 I love to have all my album ar, all my names correct, and all my favorites selected.

crazyeyes
06-28-2009, 08:54 AM
so...

correct me if i'm wrong... but i believe you can have all that stuff you want with a zune... art music and all that junk...

and zune recognizes all mp3 formats... itunes creates a bullshit code that isnt recognized by other mp3 players.. and therefor changes the name of my songs... i cant have that... and you can put movies and "album art" on your Zune too if you wish.. personally it takes up unecisary space... i want as much music as i can have not stupid gay *** "album art".. what is that for anyway.. you listen to it.. not look at it while its playing... seriously!!! even then its an album cover its not a dancing bear in a clown outfit...

and i have movies on my HD that would have to be converted to ITunes also... and my ZUNE sees a file.. and says "hey look a movie file, i think i'll store it and play it."

and like i stated before... for some reason some of my music needs to be "converted" by itunes to play and takes up a **** ton of space on my laptop...

itunes code example... ACRK....AFJJ.... those are songs acording to my HD... but its in ITunes format and i have not a clue what song it actually is...

Zune or any other mp3 player will play a song... any song.. and not convert it or rename it....

i really hate how Apple buys company's out and tells them to recognize only there software... why cant it recognize just an mp3 player.. any player and make it usable on the HU like Ipods... huh???? thats all i'm asking...

bigaudiofanati2
06-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Zune has to be the worst player ever made. It just dose not function flawlessly like a ipod. It's interface is crap not to mention there are limit's on it's features. Also who cares if you can trade a song with someone else NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM.

crazyeyes
06-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Zune has to be the worst player ever made. It just dose not function flawlessly like a ipod. It's interface is crap not to mention there are limit's on it's features. Also who cares if you can trade a song with someone else NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM.

everyone else has MP3's... i have a few friends that DJ and all their **** is in MP3 format and not in ICrap format.... so in this case i know alot of people that have MP3's... and no IPods amongst them...

wait.. hold up a min... interface is crap??? its an MP3 player.. pick a song and click play.. how hard is that??? i'm confused on that one....

ejschultz
06-28-2009, 10:35 AM
The last time I checked, all of my songs on my iPod are in the lame mp3 format, 192 kbsp, 44.1 khz, all that good stuff, just like the Zune would use with it's mp3's. I can take my mp3 files and use them on any mp3 player I'd like to use them on. I prefer the iPod because of it's interface and usability, not to mention all the other features my Touch has.

ejschultz
06-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, and by the way, no one answered my question. You do have to use the Zune media player with the Zune, correct? Microsoft makes WMP, which is honestly pretty nice, and they make the Zune. There are plenty of "PlaysForSure" devices out there that will work flawlessly with WMP. Why, when they already have something good that people like, would they create a POS media player to work with only their mp3 player?

crazyeyes
06-28-2009, 05:43 PM
The last time I checked, all of my songs on my iPod are in the lame mp3 format, 192 kbsp, 44.1 khz, all that good stuff, just like the Zune would use with it's mp3's. I can take my mp3 files and use them on any mp3 player I'd like to use them on. I prefer the iPod because of it's interface and usability, not to mention all the other features my Touch has.

so when you buy a song on itunes you can drag it to another folder and have it named as it was on itunes... cuz its not gonna happen... you buy something from itunes your screwed unless you open the ipod using the hidden folders.. steal it from yourself and re-name it to put it on a hard drive.. sounds really user friendly...

I call monopoly...

Bass911
06-28-2009, 08:28 PM
so when you buy a song on itunes you can drag it to another folder and have it named as it was on itunes... cuz its not gonna happen... you buy something from itunes your screwed unless you open the ipod using the hidden folders.. steal it from yourself and re-name it to put it on a hard drive.. sounds really user friendly...

I call monopoly...

Whatever! I can burn a cd I bought off of Itunes for a friend and if they wanted to import it into another folder on their computer, all the info would be there. I dragged and dropped music straight out of the Itunes folder into my girl's external usb powered hard drive. Get the facts straight and stop hatin'!

crazyeyes
06-28-2009, 08:56 PM
i got the facts straight man... but you would have to burn a cd to move it to a another folder...

i'm not out the ITunes completely... if there's a way i can buy tunes and transfer straight to my HD i might get another IPod...

if i'm wrong i'll admit it.... but i have tried with my itunes and no such luck... i got a gift card for a b-day present years ago and i cant move the songs i bought...

p.s.
and my IPod took a poo and i need another before i ship out again... they also need to make one military grade... not a hole lot of stuff puts up with a sand box...

JimJ
06-28-2009, 09:11 PM
MP3s **** :fyi:

Bass911
06-28-2009, 09:18 PM
i got the facts straight man... but you would have to burn a cd to move it to a another folder...

i'm not out the ITunes completely... if there's a way i can buy tunes and transfer straight to my HD i might get another IPod...

if i'm wrong i'll admit it.... but i have tried with my itunes and no such luck... i got a gift card for a b-day present years ago and i cant move the songs i bought...

p.s.
and my IPod took a poo and i need another before i ship out again... they also need to make one military grade... not a hole lot of stuff puts up with a sand box...

I guess I understand? You are more complex than me when it comes to mp3's. Please excuse my hater comment? :)

c_hayhurst
06-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Apple *****. iPods *****.

Click here for info on non-iPod MP3 players (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/)

As stated before, all you have to do is run a line from the headset jack of the MP3 player to an Aux-in jack on the head unit. I also recommend getting a player that allows for folder-based browsing (i.e., drag and drop) so you can organize your playlists as you see fit, and not based solely on ID3 tags.

SHOemup233
06-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I've never had any problems with iTunes, iPods, iPod sync's, or with iPod's playing on HU's. I've dealt with Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood and that's about it.

It isn't a monopoly, nothing else is as innovative and user friendly as the iPod and that is why it has remained on top.

Despite what you think, the transferring music to friends is next to worthless. If you download songs illegally, which many people do, then it's worthless. If you buy songs you are probably not in their target market, which renders it a feature worthless to many.

I can't speak for the quality of the Zune and others, as I have only used them as prospects and never owned, but just today we found a shuffle in my driveway that we ran over with our Yukon XL and it still works. I own a 30gb iPod from Christmas of 2005 and it still works flawlessly in every aspect. I have dropped it on cement from 3-6 feet more times than I can count and have never had a cover on it.

Also, many people get frustrated because their iPod locks up or freeze's all the time. This is remedied by simply pressing menu and the center button for 5-10 seconds. Followed by 10-15 seconds of iPod restart. After having my iPod for nearly 4 years, I feel like waiting 20 seconds for it to restart occasionally is the least of my worries.

To each his own though.