PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

TrailBlazerLTZ
10-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, (and girls if it applies) Im new here, this looks like a great place to get some answers for car audio. I used to have a decent sized system in my old blazer but now I have an 02 LTZ with the factory installed DVD player. The first thing I did was install an FM Modulator. Now I would like to expand and put a 7.2 screen in my passenger side sunvisor. This is something I plan to tackle myself, I don't know too much about mobile video but I have been doing my homework the best I can. I also read a bunch of threads on here and so far you guys are helping me choose one that i like.. thanks! I have a few questions before I will know exactly what i want:

1) When choosing a screen, how can i tell if the screen is good quality, if they provide the resolution what should i be looking for?

2) Anyone know where I can find a walkthrough on how to install a monitor into the sunvisor? I will probably end up getting a visor from a local junkyard and taking it apart just to see what im up against. Or if you know what tools i will need, cloth / fabric, glue etc..

Thanks guys!
-Mike

mattj
10-15-2003, 10:21 AM
There are subvisor screens that come with sunvisors on ebay that you might want to check out. As for looking for quality, for the most part screens are screens, but you are going to want something with a high resolution and high pixel number.