PDA

View Full Version : Disable Internal Amp on Pioneer 7000BT

extski
06-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Does anyone have this model and been able to turn off the internal amp? The manual says to go into the "initial settings" menu and you will see an option for Built-In Amp, supposedly right after the telephone option. However, I do not see that option on mine. It just goes from the Telephone option straight to Everscroll and I've gone through all of the options and it's not listed anywhere. Thanks.

Side Show
06-24-2009, 01:14 AM
i didn't know that any pioneer deck cept the dehp80rs ect decks that could do that.......
try turn the unit off and hold the function button

extski
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's how I'm entering the "initial settings" menu, is by powering off the head unit and then holding down the multifunction button. Then when you look at the list of options on the actual head unit when compared to what the manual is saying, the internal amp option is missing and appears that everything else is there.

There is also an option for software update in that list, so I went to Pioneer's website wondering if maybe an update was needed to see that option, but I did not find any updates available. Besides, not sure exactly what the Software Update option is for anyways. I'm assuming you can put available updates on a USB flash drive then update from there. I'm also assuming it may only apply to bluetooth. I have not really looked into that option much yet since I did not even see an update available to download from their site.

extski
06-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Just FYI. I contacted Pioneer and this was their response, even though their manual states it's an option. And the cover page on the manual states the manual is for the 7000BT only and does not mention anything about the manual being for the Premier also. Nor is it notated on the page that this option is only available on the Premier. Which is why I was confused. Anyway, here was their response.

Unfortunately, that option is not available for that unit. That feature is only available only with the Premier DEH-P700BT.

JeepBeats96JGC
06-26-2009, 11:09 PM
:)

hazardous0388
06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Just FYI. I contacted Pioneer and this was their response, even though their manual states it's an option. And the cover page on the manual states the manual is for the 7000BT only and does not mention anything about the manual being for the Premier also. Nor is it notated on the page that this option is only available on the Premier. Which is why I was confused. Anyway, here was their response.

Unfortunately, that option is not available for that unit. That feature is only available only with the Premier DEH-P700BT.

yepp

yodatech88
07-02-2009, 12:06 AM
As far as the update portion of the stereo goes. There is a link on pioneerelectronics.com that has downloads. It will have you burn the update to a CD. The site will have the instructions on exactly how to update it, but from experience its pretty simple.