PDA

View Full Version : Which way to fire sub/port

GlassEyez
06-22-2009, 01:32 PM
im workin wit just 1 15 L7 and its in the trunk of my cavy. right now i have sub and port firing into the cabin and it sounds good and gets pretty loud for just 1 15 but i've been wanting to do a new box wit the sub up so i can make the box shorter to fit the trunk bars in so it will actually open on its own and not me have to hold the lid up. would it be louder wit sub up port forward or what should i do? sub up port side/back??? the box would have to be 14" or shorter, 33" wide and somewhere round like 24" deep.

350zspl
06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
trunk car ?

if you have folding rear seats and 100% seal off trunk from cabin
sub and port forward gets loud

if rear seats do not fold

sub back and port thru rear deck

or if you want to be simple sub up or back with ports back

GlassEyez
06-22-2009, 02:18 PM
yeh folding seats. but i cant do sub forward for this new box cuz my main goal right now is to be able to put the trunk bars back in (the bars that make it open up and stay open when u open the trunk, right now the bars dont fit cuz the box is tooo tall, when u open the trunk u have to physically lift and hold the lid open urself and it weighs about 50-75 lbs so its a ***** doin anything in the trunk) sooo to be able to put those bars in i need to do sub up so i can make the box shorter. but now im kinda startin think if port/sub forward is loudest way to go wit the back seat folded down mayb i should just deal wit the trunk lid and keep it how it is?

Savag3
06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Install some hydro hood lifters $20 each autozone . . way nicer than bars anyway