PDA

View Full Version : Python Alarm Problems ( Solutions? )

Paaco1981
06-20-2009, 02:11 AM
I have a Python alarm on my truck. It works 100% as far as going off if I tap the truck or open a door with it armed. The problem is that it randomly goes off for no reason. Also I can set it, wait 10 mins, then turn it off and it chirps 4 times. Telling me it has gone off, when it actually has not.

Anyone have any suggestions for things I can try to fix it? Circuit City installed it like 9 months ago. Since the stores are gone, I am guessing I have to fix it myself..bastards :(

lantz
06-20-2009, 04:51 AM
my brothers car does that too.his electric radiator fan kicks on sometimes while parked and makes the alarm go off...LOL!!

as far as chirping 4 times,my python alarm does the same thing.if my alarm goes off,mine will chirp 4 times everytime i disarm it for like 2 or 3 disarmings.i figured it would reset itself after going off but it takes a few times...well,i know i havent helped any but dont feel like the lone ranger man.

oh yeah,i have the Python 460HP

you can also turn the sensitivity down a little and see if that helps.

dirtysouth31
06-20-2009, 07:50 AM
something i justed learned from a dei installer,if you have a module that controls door locks and factory alarm ,if you connect the door trigger wire,(green)to the door trigger it will actually give false triggers..it needs to be hooked up to the light under the dash..not the actual door trigger located in drivers door panel..just trace that wire back

Paaco1981
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
something i justed learned from a dei installer,if you have a module that controls door locks and factory alarm ,if you connect the door trigger wire,(green)to the door trigger it will actually give false triggers..it needs to be hooked up to the light under the dash..not the actual door trigger located in drivers door panel..just trace that wire back

Thanks, I'll take a look at that :)

Worlddre
06-20-2009, 02:16 PM

that is extremely vehicle dependant as many vehicles have a domelight delay which includes the underdash light.

OP your problem can be easier solved if we know the year,make and model of car as well as the alarm model number. It sounds as if one of the zones being secured is triggering a false alarm as you said you can leave it alone and it still chirps more the twice upon disarm. Knowing the model will help to determine which zone is triggering so the problem can be fixed.

Paaco1981
06-20-2009, 06:17 PM
2004 Chevy Blazer 4x4
Python 460HP

Worlddre
06-20-2009, 07:28 PM
look in the manual and determine what zone 4 chirps upon disarm is and start from there. Id look it up myself but i do not have directechs access at home.

Paaco1981
06-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Finally got around to messing with my truck a little today and noticed the alarm is extremely sensitive. Exactly how sensitive should it be set? I wouldn't be surprised if I could drop a shirt on my hood and set mine off. Just barely tapping the drivers door or hood sets it off. I am wondering if maybe at work people parking beside me closing their car doors is setting it off. And at home the neighbors cat loves our cars at night, so I had to stop setting it at home all together. Being woke up in the middle of the night was getting old.

Any tips on setting sensitivity correctly? I can literally tap the drivers side door with 3 fingers pretty light and get it to go off.

Paaco1981
06-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Any sensitivity setting tips? A google search on this isn't much help surprisingly. How sensitive should it be, obviously is too sensitive now, barely tapping it makes it sad.

THUNDERBIRD
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
set it till you like it just get in there and play with it. thats how i learned.

grimreper912003
06-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Cat is a decoy to steal your **** :fyi:

nuugen
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Actually on a Blazer the last place you want to tap the door trigger zone is the underdash light..This circuit has a closed-door delay and also the BCM performs a routine check to see if anything has been left open, which will trigger the alarm..First you have to determine the zone that has triggered---You cannot tell by the number of chirps when disarming it, that is simply a notification that the vehicle has been tampered with..To check which zone is triggered, disarm the alarm and count the number of flashes on the LED..Look in the Python at the table of zones, and match up the LED flash sequence to the zone..If it is the door trigger or hood/trunk zone, you will need to take it in to a Python dealer to have it diagnosed..
From what you are saying the shock sensor second stage zone is being triggered, to fix that use a small flat-blade screwdriver and turn the set screw on the sensor counter-clockwise until it stops(lowest sensitivity)..Then arm the system, wait 25 seconds, then strike the rear corner of the vehicle moderately with your open hand--NEVER USE ANY WINDOW TO TEST SENSITIVITY! I HAVE seen an installer shatter a window with just a modest impact(shortly after I had instructed him NOT to hit the window!!)..
Turn up your sensitivity in small increments until it goes off with a moderate impact to the rear, but not when you sneeze next to the vehicle LOL..Remember, most zones on DEI products are NPC (nuisance protection circuits), so after you set it off three times the system will ignore that zone for an hour; this bypass can be re-set anytime by turning on the ignition, so after testing the shock zone three times simply turn on the key to reset the zone..

Paaco1981
07-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Actually on a Blazer the last place you want to tap the door trigger zone is the underdash light..This circuit has a closed-door delay and also the BCM performs a routine check to see if anything has been left open, which will trigger the alarm..First you have to determine the zone that has triggered---You cannot tell by the number of chirps when disarming it, that is simply a notification that the vehicle has been tampered with..To check which zone is triggered, disarm the alarm and count the number of flashes on the LED..Look in the Python at the table of zones, and match up the LED flash sequence to the zone..If it is the door trigger or hood/trunk zone, you will need to take it in to a Python dealer to have it diagnosed..
From what you are saying the shock sensor second stage zone is being triggered, to fix that use a small flat-blade screwdriver and turn the set screw on the sensor counter-clockwise until it stops(lowest sensitivity)..Then arm the system, wait 25 seconds, then strike the rear corner of the vehicle moderately with your open hand--NEVER USE ANY WINDOW TO TEST SENSITIVITY! I HAVE seen an installer shatter a window with just a modest impact(shortly after I had instructed him NOT to hit the window!!)..
Turn up your sensitivity in small increments until it goes off with a moderate impact to the rear, but not when you sneeze next to the vehicle LOL..Remember, most zones on DEI products are NPC (nuisance protection circuits), so after you set it off three times the system will ignore that zone for an hour; this bypass can be re-set anytime by turning on the ignition, so after testing the shock zone three times simply turn on the key to reset the zone..

Nice post, thank you Nuugen. I finally pulled the dash out earlier. To be a circuit city install, they had that bastard tucked way up in there, surprised me. I knocked the sensitivity down a hair. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again for all the info.

prcwitt
07-01-2009, 09:42 AM
When you arm the car car does it chirp more than once?

Paaco1981
07-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Only if I have my car where the dome light is on a delay. Theres a button on the dash you can push to keep the dome light from coming on. I have it off.