PDA

View Full Version : System Buildout/Crossover Options

Topless Stang
06-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Guys,
I've been out of the car audio game for a while because my last car had me pretty satisfied. I've since gotten a new car('06 Mustang Convertible) and have started to piece together the system. So far I've purchased a set of Hertz HSK165 components for up front and a RF Power1000 Limited Ed. amp to run everything. I'm not trying to go too big since it's a convertible, but I do want it to get loud and sound good while doing so. I'm currently looking at a set of Hertz HCX570 coaxials for the rear and a pair of Kicker CVT8s for the doors(The factory doors have 8" subs installed now). I'm also looking at this enclosure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310148605342&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=400049810798&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%252BP%252BS%2 52BIA%26itu%3DFICS%252BUFI%252BUA%252BIA%252BUCI%2 6otn%3D4%26ps%3D10

http://app.infopia.com/img/image/fp/VPID/2370495/img-2/img.jpg

I'm going to replace the sub that's in the enclosure of course, it's just the custom enclosure I want. It's about 1.5 cu ft sealed. I have a couple older subs that I was thinking of being reconed, but I might be able to get a new sub for pretty much the same price. I have an older RE XXX 18, two 12" RE SEXXXs and one DD9515. That last one would be good for this application because I'm using a sealed box. I'd love to hear any suggestions on potential subs. My sub budget is $250 or less.

I also have another question. The way I'm wiring the system is Front Comp Set + Rear Coaxials on the Front channel of the amp. The CVT 8" subs will be connected to the rear channel...that's where my question lies. I want the 12" sub in the trunk to play from about 120 and below, however I want the 8" subs in the doors to play from 125hz to somewhere around 350hz. Is there something I put in line between my pre outs and the amp that would accomplish this? I looked at bass blockers, but that wouldn't suit my needs. I can use the low pass filter on my amp to limit the high end and cut the rear off at 350hz, but what can I use to cut off the low end? I don't want the subs to play the same freq. Sorry for being wordy, just trying to do some research along the way of the build out. Has anyone here done anything to a convertible? Thanks for reading!

Topless Stang
06-17-2009, 10:58 PM
I just had an idea...what if I set my deck to HP filter for the rear channels at 125hz and above(Door subs) and then set the low pass filter on the amp at 400hz and below...would that work? I just can't remember if my deck will let me set the rear channel to high pass...I might have to use my Clarion xover to make the adjustment.

Topless Stang
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
No one has any ideas?

Topless Stang
06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
No one has any ideas?

Someone has to have some idea on what I can do...does anyone know if rear speaker output also share the HPF filter that most decks have as an option? Meaning if I hook my door subs up to the rear channel and set the HPF @ 125Hz on the deck and set the amp to have an LPF of 400Hz will that work?