PDA

View Full Version : sick a$$ enclosure idea

nismboy6986
10-10-2003, 11:52 PM
I was looking through Super Street and i saw this car with the sickest single sub enclosure i ever seen. The only way i can describe it is that it looks like a ice cream cone with the part that sits on the the floor flat. When i thought about it it didn't seem that hard to make i just have a few inhibitions on making it.
1. How to calculate volume for the enclosure. i know how to find the volume of a cone (one of the few things i did remember from geometry) but the flat part would completely throw that off. I could just make the actual enclosure a "box" and have the "ice cream cone" over it but that will leave a problem of a good view of the D2 Magnum through the plexiglass window
2. getting the plexiglass window shaped. i don't have the skills or the money to buy and use a plexiglass bender. any body know of a place where i can like send a mold of how i want the plexiglass bent and get it
3. it would look the best with the sub pointed toward the backseats and i know this isn't the most efficent way to place a sub in a sedan for max spl but would i be right to estimate that this sub with a AXT800.2 on it would get louder than my ears can handle no matter how i point it in little *** sub compact 95 sentra?

can anyone give me some insight on my "problems"

oh yeah have y'all seen those fishman grilles by Tsunami? do you think they can hold the excursion of the D2? i looked at through the box and it looked liked it would but i wasn't going to sit in circuit city and measure it so i'm just guessing.

And does anyone know where i can buy some flexible dowels? that would really help me in making this enclosure. now that i thought about it a little more i could just make it a triangle and then i could just make it entirely out of MDF and i would have no problems calculating volume.

davidfre21
10-11-2003, 12:46 AM
the way to get the volume is to subtract the volume of the lil piece that is being cut off from the volume of the whole cone. (including that lil piece)

i could write u a forumla but im to lazy to find the formula for the volume of a cone.

Shugarra
10-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Can figure out volume with calculus too, would love to put that class to some use beyond doing homework.

mattj
10-11-2003, 05:26 AM
They have websites that calculate cones for you. I think there is a box program that has cones in it as well but i dont recall which one

nswartley
10-11-2003, 10:39 AM
you don't need calc to find the internal volume of a cone....

-nate

mattj
10-11-2003, 01:44 PM
when you **** at math like me you do.

nismboy6986
10-11-2003, 03:50 PM
but what about getting the plexiglass curved to match it? and now i have to find a equally sick way to mount the amps

Radar
10-11-2003, 08:17 PM
you don't need calc to find the internal volume of a cone....

-nate
You dont need calc period :)