PDA

View Full Version : Components off of Head unit

itsbmw
06-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I just got a 100 dollar gift card for Amazon and was wondering what you guys would recommend to replace my stock speakers in my 08 Grand prix. my car fits 6.5-6.75" Speakers. and already have a spot for a tweeter. My bass really over powers my music and the speakers distort when I turn them up anyway so I was wondering what I could get from amazon for around 150$:D only problem is I'd have to run them off the HU for now, then down the road get an amp. I was looking at a type-r component set for 140. but idk what to do :'(

asianinvasion21
06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
i have the type r's and they are a bit harsh for my liking. for the price of $150 i think u can get a better set of components. a lot of ppl on here seem to b satisfied with the phoenix gold components for a budget build.

itsbmw
06-14-2009, 07:00 PM
i have the type r's and they are a bit harsh for my liking. for the price of $150 i think u can get a better set of components. a lot of ppl on here seem to b satisfied with the phoenix gold components for a budget build.

the PG RSDs?

I'll check on em.:D

dbeez
06-14-2009, 07:05 PM
off the head unit i would do coaxils but if you get a amp for some comps then i would do comps but they will sound horrible off the deck..

Fender5
06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
i would not power them off the Head unit. I did with my Image Dynamic CTX65cs and the bass was crap. highs were crap.
i hit them with 150W RMS and I love it. I turn the subs off and just listen to them. They have nice midbass and highs.
The RSDs are nice too, I had them. But I didn't power them with an amp.