PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Metal Mulisha31
06-12-2009, 01:28 AM
I am new here and I have a suburban that has 4x10"s in the rear. I want to change them out and I can fabricate for any speaker but 4x10s ****-My opinion and I want the best sound that i can get out of my stereo. What size do you guys think I should get? 6x9, 6.5, 5.5, and so on? I am open minded and please tell me a brand or model I should go with too. Name means nothing to me as long as its clear, hits good, and will last. and not outrageously priced. I will eventually have subs and an amps too but for now my deck is 50wx4

Supergumby5000
06-12-2009, 01:32 AM
cant go wrong with a round speaker.

Depending on what kind of fabrication you want to do, i would go with either a 6.5" or 8" midbass

as for the tweeters, your best bet is to go somewhere and listen and see what type of tweeter you like, if it be a metal tweeter (mostly more harsh) or a silk tweeter (soft), or something in between. then after you find a tweet you like, pair it with a set of speakers you want

Some good budget speakers include the Pioneer Premier 6.5" Component set, i believe the model number is TS-D720 or something along those lines.

some other good budget component speaker sets are RE audio's RE set. Some other brands to consider could be CDT audio, morel, kicker (great frequency response in the midbass), etc etc.

really, the list is endless. go listen to some sets at shops and whatnot, and decide what sounds good to you.

Metal Mulisha31
06-12-2009, 02:03 AM
should i get a 3way or should i stay away from them, I don't know about getting component speakers in the rear? And I have kids so i will have the radio on low when they are with me but other than that it will be cranked