PDA

View Full Version : Boost Line Out Volatge

REAudio2001
06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey,
I do not know how to spell voltage in title sorry lol!!!! My head unit only has 2 Volt preouts. What devices are there to increase this before it reaches amps. I would like to have higher output, so I can run my gain lower and have a cleaner signal. Im not sure but did I hear somewhere the Epic 160 does this. Anyways whatever ideas you have let me know. Thanks in advance!!!!

nismos14
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Line driver.

Sarthos
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I think he wants the specific names of some devices. Audiocontrol Matrix or Overdrive would do it. Audiocontrol crossovers and equalizers too. Pretty much anything Audiocontrol.

Tehgregzor
06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
it can only boost the original source signal...so like copying from tape to CD, its still tape quality, and can NEVER exceed source quality. Unless you're building an SQ only system, i wouldn't spend the money on a line driver. And since your headunit only has 2volt out, you probably aren't going for SQ.

Save money, spend it on a better AMP!

REAudio2001
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
it can only boost the original source signal...so like copying from tape to CD, its still tape quality, and can NEVER exceed source quality. Unless you're building an SQ only system, i wouldn't spend the money on a line driver. And since your headunit only has 2volt out, you probably aren't going for SQ.

Save money, spend it on a better AMP!

I did not even mention my amp lol My amp is not the problem I just wanted a higher signal to the amp. Guess it really doesn't matter but thanks!!