PDA

View Full Version : How and what to use while building a box

Bologna
06-10-2009, 10:28 PM
How would I build the box? Step by step?

Mainly not how to build it but what to use.

My box is meant for 2 10" subs and it's ported.

What is the best material to use. Also should I carpet it once I'm done?

I know this is sort of a noobie question but I don't want to spend $50 building a box and then figure out that I did something wrong and have to re-build it. Please only serious comments.

Thanks.

fasfocus00
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM
lazy noobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_hhu6nTX0

Bologna
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I don't trust **** on youtube. lmao.

That's why I asked people that would know, not some random guy on youtube.

jpexpc
06-10-2009, 10:46 PM
There is a section for build logs on this site.

Bologna
06-10-2009, 10:48 PM
This isn't a build log. It's simply a question.
Should I use 1/2" mdf, 3/4" mdf, or what.

BobbyDD
06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
This isn't a build log. It's simply a question.
Should I use 1/2" mdf, 3/4" mdf, or what.

3/4" mdf

CJL
06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Maybe its me but, I have more fun searching for answers rather than posting and waiting for answers.

Nut Hair Trick
06-10-2009, 10:54 PM
3/4" mdf, Titebond II woodglue, clamps to hold each section together for 20 mins or more, 90 degree clamps, sheetrock screws if you must to hold the glue tighter. Silicone the inside seams. Buy a terminal cup from parts express, they're pretty cheap. This is just a brief description of what you need. As far as how to go about building it, I don't have time to respond right now. Besides that, I've just recently built my first box so someone more experienced might want to cover that.

Bologna
06-10-2009, 10:58 PM
3/4" mdf, Titebond II woodglue, clamps to hold each section together for 20 mins or more, 90 degree clamps, sheetrock screws if you must to hold the glue tighter. Silicone the inside seams. Buy a terminal cup from parts express, they're pretty cheap. This is just a brief description of what you need. As far as how to go about building it, I don't have time to respond right now. Besides that, I've just recently built my first box so someone more experienced might want to cover that.

Thanks

BassMechkanic
06-11-2009, 12:25 AM
there is a reason why experienced professionals get paid to make boxes, they have the tools, skills and knowledge to build it correctly the first time, there is plenty of how to's on the internet , you just have to search and read, education is a expensive and time consuming thing..... dont leach off others do a little work, the information is out there.

Bologna
06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
I know the information is out there, it's a thing of whether it's accurate or not. Everybody I ask says something different.