PDA

View Full Version : wiring harness help!!!

Gangsta
06-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Ok my brother wants to get a Pioneer DEH-P6000ub. Right now he has a Pioneer DEH-P7700mp. He went to buy it from crutchfield and it asked him this question.
http://i41.tinypic.com/xc3tc6.jpg

What is the difference? Will they both work? If not, which one?

Super Pickle
06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
the top one will use the factory amp, and the bottom one will bypass it. IMO if you are going to change out speakers and add amps then take the bottom one, if you are only changing the head unit then take the top one.

AlterEgo99
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
the top one will use the factory amp, and the bottom one will bypass it. IMO if you are going to change out speakers and add amps then take the bottom one, if you are only changing the head unit then take the top one.

x2...and as a Silverado owner with Bose, I wanted nothing to do with the crap OEM "Bose" amps, so go with the bottom harness and get some REAL amps. :cool:

Gangsta
06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
ok but this is for a head unit swap only. He definitely won't be adding an amp or anything.

So if he ONLY swaps the head unit, he has to get the top one right?

The bottom one won't work if he doesn't get an aftermarket amp right?

Sarthos
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
The bottom one means you'd be using the CD player's internal amplifier which would be weaker than the factory installed amp.

bigaudiofanati2
06-09-2009, 10:24 PM
X2 I would get the one that alows you to use the head units amp.

Gangsta
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
The bottom one means you'd be using the CD player's internal amplifier which would be weaker than the factory installed amp.

god, this is so confusing. When I bought my pioneer headunit for my car this never happened.

I thought that the only amp was in the headunit. Is there a seperate amp for the speakers somewhere else? This is a 98 mustang without any special stereo package.

nineball
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
if you have the base system then buy the bottom one. the top one is only for cars that had the upgraded audio which included an external amplifier.