PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with this enclosure???

burzendowski
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
i paid for this design and the designer says its a good design..:(... the woofer unloads really bad in this enclosure . the sub moves like crazy until over excursion with no output just air movement. this enclosure produces absolutely no bass. the sub was tested in another 1.5 40hz enclosure with no problems. this design is a 1.5 38hz.

what do you think? Ive wasted so much money on this enclosure:mad:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/truck52.jpg

truck enclosure double front panel 3/4 and a 1/2 the port comes out the side 21 long 14.5 tall 4.5/8.5 angle 50" wide

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/IMG00066.jpg

bubbagumper6
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
It's really hard to tell wtf were even looking at...first of all, what is the larger grey oval around the cutout? Second, what does the 21" stand for? Is tha like a port in the back or something? Can't really see it...

PioneerSPL1990
06-08-2009, 05:53 PM
it appears the port isnt top to bottom of the box thats likly your problem

not to make it sound simply stupid but that would impeed air flow with the little pocket.

fatboyracing
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
i paid for this design and the designer says its a good design..:(... the woofer unloads really bad in this enclosure . the sub moves like crazy until over excursion with no output just air movement. this enclosure produces absolutely no bass. the sub was tested in another 1.5 40hz enclosure with no problems. this design is a 1.5 38hz.

what do you think? Ive wasted so much money on this enclosure:mad:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/truck52.jpg

who designed it you can pm me if you want I got a real bad design from someone on here like 1 month ago but really did not want to bad mouth the guy

Just303
06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=bubbagumper6;6238340] what is the larger grey oval around the cutout? QUOTE]

is this one of those Boston subs? SPG555-2 or SPG555-4? I heard those call for some crazy design?:confused:

burzendowski
06-09-2009, 12:49 AM
dd 1510 is what the box was made for

ThatChevyGuy
06-09-2009, 12:52 AM
port is acting like a hole in the box. Its not a correct port

If the port wouldve been along the back wall and taller, or actually if it was a correct port, the location wouldve worked.

bones22
06-09-2009, 12:55 AM
dd 1510 is what the box was made for

how much power are you running to it?
for a 1510 you are a little big on the size of the box.

ThatChevyGuy
06-09-2009, 12:56 AM
the sub was tested in another 1.5 40hz enclosure with no problems.

So its not a power or sub problem

bones22
06-09-2009, 01:03 AM
i was just saying that sub will do a lot better in 1 - 1.25
in a good box.

ThatChevyGuy
06-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh i thought you were getting at the sub/power problem

Gotcha

How much you got wrapped up into that box?

Volenti
06-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Well the enclosure appears to be tuned correctly, judging by the the volume and the dimentions of the port, the enclosure is long enough for standing waves to have an impact in the bass frequencies, though this wouldn't cause a total loss of output.

Do you get bass if you completely seal the port? (stuff a towel ect in it)

iamamp3pimp
06-09-2009, 08:28 AM
it appears the port isnt top to bottom of the box thats likly your problem

not to make it sound simply stupid but that would impeed air flow with the little pocket.

then explain how aeroports work....

There is a lot of dead space though, on top of the port

snfsh79077
06-09-2009, 10:23 AM
If its having loading issues would a loading wall for the port help any? Also what about poly fill above the port? (I'm guessing on this one as I don't really know much about poly fill)

subzero
06-09-2009, 10:29 AM
If the box specs are close to the sealed specs for the sub I would seal the box. Or jusr rip that carpet off and try to redesign the box by re-positioning the port.

I dunno, Cant he seal it and drop areos?

burzendowski
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh i thought you were getting at the sub/power problem

Gotcha

How much you got wrapped up into that box?

100 dollars not alot but to much for a heap of crap now.

burzendowski
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
point is i paid for this design and the guy wont refund the money . says its a perfectly fine enclosure lol if it is than why does it ****.

psych0ticnemes1
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
You definitely need to be careful who you choose to design your box.

Just for shits and giggles, you did include the top of the port correct? It isn't obvious in the pic, that is why I ask.

burzendowski
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
You definitely need to be careful who you choose to design your box.

Just for shits and giggles, you did include the top of the port correct? It isn't obvious in the pic, that is why I ask.

lol ya the top of the ports there...

Canaan
06-09-2009, 12:08 PM
How far from the drivers side wall is the port?

Usually when I do a box for single cabs, I do port to passenger-sub to drivers side.

mobeious
06-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I designed the box guys, i stand behind my designs... now granted with this box he wanted a certain amount of port with a certain amount of airspace and this is the only way i could get both is with this design..... iv done this design in prior trucks with no problem... i dont know what this guy is expecting from a DD 1510, number 1 its a DD its not made to get down in the 25hz range number 2 the irrc the box is tuned at like 38hz not really good for the low notes number 3 the sub is in a semi small area to fill there for the actual wavelength that u are trying to play cannot fully develope like in a SUV or such. maybe thats why when u play a rap song or somthing that hits low the sub is just moving.. that sub/box is not ment for those notes... i gave exactly what u asked for and u approved the design...... sorry if u expected something else

burzendowski
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
yes he designed this box. i gave him a suggestion on what id like , he is the designer the one who should design it correctly to work in my application . by no means should anybody consider him a enclosure designer he is far from that. this is not the only design hes trashed other members on here say they got the same.

what am i expecting from a dd 1510 hmm well for one some bass which this design does not produce. the woofer plays the same free air or in his design lol:eek::eek::eek: THIS IS THE WORST DESIGN IVE EVER OWNED A PREFAB WOULD BE 100 TIMES BETTER THAN A MOBEIOUS this guy is a wanna be pwk ........ NOW THAT I WASTED 100 BUCKS ON THIS PAPER WEIGHT IM GOING TO CONTACT PWK DESIGNS A TRUE ENCLOSURE DESIGNER NOT A POSSER

I designed the box guys, i stand behind my designs... now granted with this box he wanted a certain amount of port with a certain amount of airspace and this is the only way i could get both is with this design..... iv done this design in prior trucks with no problem... i dont know what this guy is expecting from a DD 1510, number 1 its a DD its not made to get down in the 25hz range number 2 the irrc the box is tuned at like 38hz not really good for the low notes number 3 the sub is in a semi small area to fill there for the actual wavelength that u are trying to play cannot fully develope like in a SUV or such. maybe thats why when u play a rap song or somthing that hits low the sub is just moving.. that sub/box is not ment for those notes... i gave exactly what u asked for and u approved the design...... sorry if u expected something else

burzendowski
06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME DO NOT GO WITH A MOBEIOUS DESIGN

here to buy
06-09-2009, 02:59 PM
yes he designed this box. i gave him a suggestion on what id like , he is the designer the one who should design it correctly to work in my application . by no means should anybody consider him a enclosure designer he is far from that. this is not the only design hes trashed other members on here say they got the same.

what am i expecting from a dd 1510 hmm well for one some bass which this design does not produce. the woofer plays the same free air or in his design lol:eek::eek::eek: THIS IS THE WORST DESIGN IVE EVER OWNED A PREFAB WOULD BE 100 TIMES BETTER THAN A MOBEIOUS this guy is a wanna be pwk ........ NOW THAT I WASTED 100 BUCKS ON THIS PAPER WEIGHT IM GOING TO CONTACT PWK DESIGNS A TRUE ENCLOSURE DESIGNER NOT A POSSER

i call bs.

make a vid to prove me wrong, make sure to use a cam with a good mic

at least your only out 100 bucks.
at least you dont get 3 seatbelt tickets in 2 weeks lulzzz

mobeious
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
this is the reason he didnt get a refund ..... its 20 **** dollars WTF do i care about that.... the box is fine, and id rather not fight about it and just refund the money but after this PM i told him to go jump

this is what he wrote in the PM

HEY MOTHER****ER YOU SELL ME A CRAP DESIGN AND SAY YOULL REFUND MY MONEY WHERE THE HELL IS IT??

Supergumby5000
06-09-2009, 04:38 PM
this is the reason he didnt get a refund ..... its 20 **** dollars WTF do i care about that.... the box is fine, and id rather not fight about it and just refund the money but after this PM i told him to go jump

this is what he wrote in the PM

HEY MOTHER****ER YOU SELL ME A CRAP DESIGN AND SAY YOULL REFUND MY MONEY WHERE THE HELL IS IT??

you charged him $20 for a box design? :laugh:

99grandprixGT
06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
you charged him $20 for a box design? :laugh:

if people will pay it why not. i was saying the OP paid 20 for a box design:laugh:

snfsh79077
06-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I've actually seen many people happy from mobeious built/designed enclosures. Looks like you told him what you wanted and he designed that box but your expecting to much from it with your application. Show me where you asked him to design you the best box for your application.

mazdakid
06-10-2009, 09:04 AM
A pwk design is like 50 bucks and I've heard of people not happy with those.

chriswho
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
haha this is some funny ****.
make a vid so i can see this pos box in action

burzendowski
06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
heres the email. notice i said id like around, but after that i said let me know what will work best. he is the designer not me, so if something else would work better like i asked why would he send what i suggested? he said he can work somthing up , meaning he will design it correct ? he had no discussion with me on this design just here ya go.

Ya i can work somthing up... i have a standard fee of $20 for design/plans my paypal is mobeious@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:29:01 -0700
Subject: digital designs t1510 box plans
To: mobeious@hotmail.com

hi i am looking for some plans for a t1510 the new shallow 1500 5" deep off a dd m1a at 2ohms so around 600 watts . its for a chevy silverado standard cab. i have 14.5" tall x 4" / 8.5" angle x up to 56" long i would like around a 1.5 at 38hz maybe 24 square inches of port . sub on pass side port out driver side. let me know what you think will work best thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rediscover HotmailŪ: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out. ReplyReply AllMove...amp scamebayenclosurespicuncle gary

bball09124
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
He should have refunded you, you shouldn't have been a prick. I wouldn't deal with either of you. /thread

adas
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
no box thats actually tuned close to properly and close to the right airspace is not going to play a decent of amount of bass.

Somethings not right....with whatever port placement, doesn't matter, the sub should not flail around like it's playing free air because the port should control movement at least a decent amount.

Like said, take a vid of the box playing. There is NOTHING wrong with Mobeous's design. Its based off the standards of a proven truck box. Just seems like user error.....no decent designed box has problems like your describing. And it is a decent box design.

Please tell me that you had your driver side door closed when testing out this box??

snfsh79077
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
no box thats actually tuned close to properly and close to the right airspace is not going to play a decent of amount of bass.

Somethings not right....with whatever port placement, doesn't matter, the sub should not flail around like it's playing free air because the port should control movement at least a decent amount.

Like said, take a vid of the box playing. There is NOTHING wrong with Mobeous's design. Its based off the standards of a proven truck box. Just seems like user error.....no decent designed box has problems like your describing. And it is a decent box design.

Please tell me that you had your driver side door closed when testing out this box??

x2 I usually port to the passenger side but I don't see much problem with the design at all.

snb778
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
you can probably fiberglass/bondo over the hole, then use aero's... that way you can try out a few different lengths to see what you like best... thats what I did with my current box... works like a charm

kodak314
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM
how are yo amp settings?

sinosic
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
how are yo amp settings?

that would be funny if the subsonic was set to high.

kodak314
06-10-2009, 09:35 PM
that would be funny if the subsonic was set to high.

or lpf set to low

burzendowski
06-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Lpf Around 100 Subsonic Around 30ish Gain Is 1/2

jdawg
06-11-2009, 12:25 AM
is it dual coil sub, sure the coils are not wired out of phase?

mbrooky
06-11-2009, 02:20 AM

x2

kodak314
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Lpf Around 100 Subsonic Around 30ish Gain Is 1/2

what amp

Fuknmovin
06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Here is a design very similar to that one and it works REAL well for what it is. I call BS on the complaints as there is no way it makes NO sound, even the sub in no box would make some bass...This one shakes the shi* out of the Silverado its in with a single FI Q 12 and the port is almost identical in design/function. I bet the wiring is wrong or something in the install.....

Just my $.02

burzendowski
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
dd m1a. theres not a **** thing wrong with the system. i took my brothers hdc3 in 2 cubes threw it up on the passenger seat hooked it up and the system plays flawless. the sub has been tested in another enclosure and was also tested by dd it plays fine as well.

snfsh79077
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
dd m1a. theres not a **** thing wrong with the system. i took my brothers hdc3 in 2 cubes threw it up on the passenger seat hooked it up and the system plays flawless. the sub has been tested in another enclosure and was also tested by dd it plays fine as well.

so you just took another sub and box and tested your amp out...that did a lot :rolleyes:

Have you not checked to makes sure your sub is not wired wrong? What "tests" are you doing?

mazdakid
06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
have you tried another sub in the box you built?

burzendowski
06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
have you tried another sub in the box you built?

i do not have another shallow 10 to test in this enclosure , this enclosure only accepts a 5" deep 10 cant just throw anything in there. i used another sub and enclosure to test out my overall system to make sure it was not part of the problem. system check everything is good. yes ive checked wiring from amp to but its all correct. ran a dmm on sub its wired for 2 ohms . ive checked voltage at amp , amps getting a consistant 13.5 + volts while playing. the sub has been played by dd in a spec 1.5 40hz enclosure and they said there is nothing wrong with the sub. they say enclosure issue.

heres my thread over at soundpressure. theres vids and all my testing there too.
http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=8390

**** if someone can fiqure out whats wrong here ill pay them 20 bux!

nismos14
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
There might not be enough room for the sub venting behind the pole... I'm not familiar with the sub but it's possible.

Also the design is fine, what are you idiots talking about, how about a port on a back wall in a box, same ISH, there's not a fcking dead spot.

MisterGrubbs
06-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Somewhere, somehow, something's wrong.

There's no reason that box should be causing the issue you're having. It looks to be fairly well designed.

Either someone lied to you about your woofer being faulty or something is completely wrong in the audio. I'm not sure and I'm sorry I cannot help you. I do not, however, think it's the box by looking at things.

kush-divinity
06-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Ya'll are just idiots. That is a fine designed box, you are just a retard.

Call DD, and tell em that they are stupid, either the woofer is bad, or aliens are attempting to probe your rear door.

ON the other hand, I bet you just got broke and need that 20 back to pay your water bill. So, you call out an experienced designer on this public forum and try to clown on him? That is a very workable box, *******. I have one 99% exactly the same in my pickup. With a real sub, a Memphis PR-10, not some of that DD trash.

Eat **** and die slow, feg.

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM

Call DD, and tell em that they are stupid, either the woofer is bad, or aliens are attempting to probe your rear door.

ON the other hand, I bet you just got broke and need that 20 back to pay your water bill. So, you call out an experienced designer on this public forum and try to clown on him? That is a very workable box, *******. I have one 99% exactly the same in my pickup. With a real sub, a Memphis PR-10, not some of that DD trash.

Eat **** and die slow, feg.

:confused::confused: you must have rode the short bus to school.

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
well i have a design coming from pwk designs. i also have vids of the mobieous enclosure , i will make a vid of the pwk design and compare the two. we will see the results soon.

adas
06-15-2009, 11:31 AM

Eat **** and die slow, feg.i was all agreeing with you until you called DD trash. Go die.

iamamp3pimp
06-15-2009, 12:03 PM
so you paid what, 50 bucks for a PWK?

ouch

mazdakid
06-15-2009, 12:23 PM

ouch

Ouch

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 12:24 PM

ouch

na 60 lol got the rush package and the premium too!

mazdakid
06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Did you get a fancy name for it too

Maxy95
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I agree with most of the people on here, its the port.

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Did you get a fancy name for it too

ya its called an enclosure!! pretty sweet name huh

azbass
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
port is acting like a hole in the box. Its not a correct port

If the port wouldve been along the back wall and taller, or actually if it was a correct port, the location wouldve worked.

a port is a hole in the box :idea:

mbrooky
06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Sorry but you're an idiot for coming on here and blasting MOBEIOUS for his design when your sub is fu@#d up! don't you know how to do basic troubleshooting or understand how it works.
#1. sounds like crap hooked up to your system
#2. sounds like crap hooked up to another system
#3. sounds like crap free-air
#4. different sub on your system=wang

I think you owe MOBEIOUS an apology. and sounds like you wasted more time and money on a pwk when the one you have probably works fine. you=fail troubleshoot your **** before putting someone on blast.

nismos14
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
this enclosure produces absolutely no bass. the sub was tested in another 1.5 40hz enclosure with no problems.

yes

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
your the idiot the sub was played on another system in the mobieous box sound like doo doo. the sub in a regular enclosure 1.5 to 40hz sittin up on my seat plays absolutely fine off my system. so i can trouble shoot can you read

Sorry but you're an idiot for coming on here and blasting MOBEIOUS for his design when your sub is fu@#d up! don't you know how to do basic troubleshooting or understand how it works.
#1. sounds like crap hooked up to your system
#2. sounds like crap hooked up to another system
#3. sounds like crap free-air
#4. different sub on your system=wang

I think you owe MOBEIOUS an apology. and sounds like you wasted more time and money on a pwk when the one you have probably works fine. you=fail troubleshoot your **** before putting someone on blast.

nismos14
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Did you try the mobeious box in your seat?

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
and the reason the sub sounded like *** free air is because the sub was over excurting. dd said that sub should only be moving 1" and 1/4" max, so theres the problem the enclosure has no control over the woofer! enclosure=fail!!

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Did you try the mobeious box in your seat?

******** or serious?

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
we will see whos laughing when i get a good enclosure in here and compare the two head to head!! i will have the last laugh when i prove the enclosure sux then you all can kiss my asssssss!!

burzendowski
06-15-2009, 01:13 PM
i dont think anyone really cares......

but sounds good.

no then y is everyone sucking the mob **** ? could it not be possible the enclosure is crapy?

mazdakid
06-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Well you built the box, not mob. Maybe you did something wrong.

Xprime4
06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I know it's basic stuff, but isn't the box too big? too big of a box + high tuning = missing frequency

I can't see videos. direct link

shellfish
06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
seems like there is something fishy with that port
but what do i know :D

mazdakid
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
From your video it sounds like your sub is ****ed up.

Nut Hair Trick
06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
That's the exact sound that my DD10 makes and I dont know what the **** the problem is. We suspect that the box might be too big but who knows. I think I'm going to go a new direction. In quick hitting bass, sounds horrible, but sounds pretty good holding long tones. Way too much excursion at only 3/4 level and it makes that slapping sound. I had to turn everything way down to get any kind of decent music. Now the sub is barely noticeable.

Nut Hair Trick
06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
10's ****.

go big er go home

would love to, can you suggest something for under the back seat of a SuperCrew F150?

mazdakid
06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
If the sub makes the same noise free air or in a box, what would make you think the box is causing it?

burzendowski
06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
READ ME MAZDAKID
the reason the sub sounded like *** free air is because the sub was over excurting. dd said that sub should only be moving 1" and 1/4" max, so theres the problem the enclosure has no control over the woofer! enclosure=fail!!

mazdakid
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
I still don't think its the box. The sub makes the noise free air or in a box, the sub is the problem.

STR8BLaZiNTB
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
VIDEO HERE...
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/th_VID00003.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/?action=view&current=VID00003.flv)

adas
06-16-2009, 12:48 PM
box too big, and the port is not loading enough. when i ran a single 1508 it did that, made the box smaller and it helps a LOT. other wise the box is wayy too efficient for the sub on smaller tight bass hits.... but it'll play a constant 35-40hz type song and it'll not make that sound and sound pretty loud. Am I right?

burzendowski
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Ya well me too. so i sent the woofer to digital designs . they called me while the woofer was playing, it was playing flawless. the woofer has been tested, the system has been tested. the only thing in the whole chain thats left is the enclosure. the thread i posted on soundpressure looking for help , i did every test anyone mentioned.

I still don't think its the box. The sub makes the noise free air or in a box, the sub is the problem.

burzendowski
06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
box too big, and the port is not loading enough. when i ran a single 1508 it did that, made the box smaller and it helps a LOT. other wise the box is wayy too efficient for the sub on smaller tight bass hits.... but it'll play a constant 35-40hz type song and it'll not make that sound and sound pretty loud. Am I right?

no . seriously the sound in the vid is how it plays every song ive played through it.

Xprime4
06-16-2009, 12:57 PM
no . seriously the sound in the vid is how it plays every song ive played through it.

any space between the sub and the box? is it real flat under it? any air leak? sounds like it to me

burzendowski
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
any space between the sub and the box? is it real flat under it? any air leak? sounds like it to me

no this box is solid. i plugged the port and listened for any leaks , its sealed well .

burzendowski
06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
just put the sub in a half cube sealed box. sub plays very well sealed in fact in the sealed box theres no funny noises and better yet it has more bass impact and gets louder than mobieous's ported enclosure:wow::wow:

406er
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
well i would agree that the enclosure must be ****ed up. mobious designed it but who built it. ive built many enclousres in my day and cant say ive never had one that didnt work. perhaps i could have aceived more out put if i tuned it higher or the box volume smaller what ever, the point is if your in the realm of a certin internal volume and tuning you should have out put. you say if you plug the port you have out put. perhaps this design(and i have a similare design in my truck, but the port is much wider) just didnt lend it self to a port very well.

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL356/1929773/3727118/361028772.jpg

Lakota
06-21-2009, 11:57 AM
There is a lot of dead space though, on top of the port

ding ding!

Lakota
06-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I would have designed it to where the sub was all the way to the right, and over top the port wall. You want to design boxes to where you can get the most amount of usable space. In his case, the sub is right next to the port opening and the area above the port is just dead space.

burzendowski
06-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Me and a buddy who owns a cabinet business built the box. Its exactly what mobieous gave me.

oldschoolboomer
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
the box looks fine. I believe this is noobitis with a side of fukked up sub

406er
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Me and a buddy who owns a cabinet business built the box. Its exactly what mobieous gave me.

just making sure it wasnt a builder error.

406er
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
the box looks fine. I believe this is noobitis with a side of fukked up sub

it looks fine, but **** on paper dosnt always work out in real world testing

KHARPS
06-21-2009, 02:37 PM
leak in box and port is too close to the wall of the truck

burzendowski
06-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Box does not leak. There's 8 inches from port to side wall

James Bang
06-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I would have designed it to where the sub was all the way to the right, and over top the port wall. You want to design boxes to where you can get the most amount of usable space. In his case, the sub is right next to the port opening and the area above the port is just dead space.

indeed. bad design, imo.

OP should seal up that cutout and mount the sub on above the port. Add spacers if it doesn't fit.

Volenti
06-21-2009, 07:41 PM
The area above the port IS NOT DEAD SPACE, explain your reasoning, you know using science, that this volume of air is magically isolated from the rest of the enclosure volume.

Lakota
06-21-2009, 10:54 PM
The sub is right next to the internal port opening which = bad design.

burzendowski
06-21-2009, 11:15 PM
yes thats what i think and i think the shape long and narrow with the sub in the port = bad deal

KHARPS
06-21-2009, 11:22 PM

I did one like that in a std cab truck and didn't have any issues.

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll385/tezin87/100_1943-1.jpg

406er
06-22-2009, 12:33 AM

round port i think may act a tad differnt. i dont think i can explain it, but in my mind it works.

Lakota
06-22-2009, 09:14 AM

I think that box would also work better if the sub was placed above the port. The only way to find out is to build another one.

Nut Hair Trick
06-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I think that box would also work better if the sub was placed above the port. The only way to find out is to build another one.

What if you have limited space and the port and sub can only be in thos places. For example, what if the sub mounting depth doesnt allow it to go higher?

burzendowski
06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Then put the port on top sub on the bottom I would assume. If not possible then I guess you would have to make a larger box or use smaller drivers.

This t1510 sounds great n a .5 sealed enclosure. Can't wait to hear it ported.

Nut Hair Trick
06-22-2009, 02:11 PM
is that a new sub or have you always had the T model? i know they are more shallow than the other.

burzendowski
06-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Have always had the t 1510. Dd says they have the same output as the standard.

burzendowski
06-24-2009, 09:15 PM
the new box. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/05.png

Nut Hair Trick
06-24-2009, 10:28 PM
looks like a winnar

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 10:06 AM
yes it should work much better than the last , this one should load unlike the last one

iamamp3pimp
06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
The area above the port IS NOT DEAD SPACE, explain your reasoning, you know using science, that this volume of air is magically isolated from the rest of the enclosure volume.

air is like water in the fact that it takes the path of least resistance when it is being forced somewhere.

that area above the port will not be pressurized anywhere near as much as the air behind the sub/to the left of the sub.

Its not completely isolated, but partially so. the air goes around that "Area" above the port, straight to the port itself.

the air above the port is not being utilized to its full potential.....so now you have a condition where the port is too large for the air that is being utilized properly, and on top of that, it fires right into the sub which is no good anyway.

Hopefully that explains it just a little.....just remember that just about everything in enclosure design and tuning is mainly based on theory from ideas that people had many years ago.

iamamp3pimp
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
the new box. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/05.png

much better

how much did you pay for that design

im guessing at least 35

should have gotten at me for a 15 spot.

:)

snfsh79077
06-25-2009, 12:43 PM
much better

how much did you pay for that design

im guessing at least 35

should have gotten at me for a 15 spot.

:)

he paid $50:crazy:

ramos
06-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Looks like the same enclosure basically with the port on top, and on the other side. :)

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 02:56 PM
LOL CRAZY to spend 50 bucks on this design na! lets see mobeious design $20.00, sheet mdf $35.00, carpet, $25.00, shipping sub back to dd and back to me to get the sub tested $30.00, hours spent testing all my equipment to find out it was a bad design $???

PWK design $50.00 carpet $25.00 mdf $35.00

pwk design cost me $110.00
mobeious cost me $110.00 which the box is useless, going in trash can, plus hours of trouble shooting. and a month and a half of no sub in the truck. :thankyou:

so all in all i could have saved a ton of money and time going pwk first. :eek::eek:

he paid $50:crazy:

galacticmonkey
06-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I still cant believe that guy gets $50 for a simple ported box design.

iamamp3pimp
06-25-2009, 03:09 PM
you could have saved yourself even more time coming to me.

I think Mobs knows what he is doing pretty well.....just this one didnt turn out too well.

im telling you man, its about time i put one of those nifty against the rules bannersin my sig.

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 03:09 PM
you get what you pay for. i have been very pleased in the past with his designs.

nismos14
06-25-2009, 03:11 PM
:rofl: $50 for a design!!! HAHAHAHHAHA.

And it's gonna sound the same.

iamamp3pimp
06-25-2009, 03:19 PM
no this one will sound better i bet.

snfsh79077
06-25-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL CRAZY to spend 50 bucks on this design na! lets see mobeious design $20.00, sheet mdf $35.00, carpet, $25.00, shipping sub back to dd and back to me to get the sub tested $30.00, hours spent testing all my equipment to find out it was a bad design $???

PWK design $50.00 carpet $25.00 mdf $35.00

pwk design cost me $110.00
mobeious cost me $110.00 which the box is useless, going in trash can, plus hours of trouble shooting. and a month and a half of no sub in the truck. :thankyou:

so all in all i could have saved a ton of money and time going pwk first. :eek::eek:

I still don't think that design was all that flawed. The same design except with port on passenger side has been proved many many times. Maybe it just didn't work well with your sub. Mob is known for great designs but maybe he just slipped on this one, no ones perfect.

I will never pay $50 for a design but hey I design my own anyway.

x2 there is nothing special about that design.

you could have saved yourself even more time coming to me.

I think Mobs knows what he is doing pretty well.....just this one didnt turn out too well.

im telling you man, its about time i put one of those nifty against the rules bannersin my sig.

x2

you get what you pay for. i have been very pleased in the past with his designs.

meh

mazdakid
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
**** 50 bucks for a simple ported design?

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I would have been happy with a refund of the 20 bucks i payed him. i emailed him several times at first he said he would refund then he blew me off. After an angry email to him he said he wont refund, the box is fine. he made a design the same as mine with 2 t1510s in the same truck for another member. the guy has the box up for sale about 2 weeks later! hmmm wonder why;)

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6300571#post6300571

snfsh79077
06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I would have been happy with a refund of the 20 bucks i payed him. i emailed him several times at first he said he would refund then he blew me off. After an angry email to him he said he wont refund, the box is fine. he made a design the same as mine with 2 t1510s in the same truck for another member. the guy has the box up for sale about 2 weeks later! hmmm wonder why;)

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6300571#post6300571

So the guy is selling the box because he is changing to 12s...whats your point? I didn't see anywhere that said there was a problem with output. Maybe the guy wants a lot of low end...well thats not easily done in a single cab. Also the other boxes for sale are mob boxes and boxking was very happy with them. I was under the impression you were a **** to mob about it which is why he declined your refund. Especially since you tried to slander his name. There are different approaches you have gone with this.

Nut Hair Trick
06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Pimp, you ought to put that in your sig banner, which reminds me of something else. I have seen countless members here with, "PM me I build boxes!!" in their sig and they really just need to take it out. I am no design/build guru, but just from my impression of some of these individuals, they really don't know what they're doing. I'm on my second box build, learned from the first, and I still have a whole lot more learning to do. But some of this **** is funny.

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 05:08 PM
no the funny part is what he says in this thread after building the box. rite after the pics of the box he says......box turned out very well, and fits nicely, but we are not happy with the output of the 1510 t's, they are the new shorter mounting depth. We are running them off a vfl 100.1 and gain set accordingly, no clipping, but the subs just cant take it, and the output is not there...guess we were expectin more from all the hype. My 2 12" w3 off 400 watts in my trailblazer were louder

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400019

2 dd tens 1200-1500 watts in such a small cab!! how could you not have output?

the problem is the enclosure;)

So the guy is selling the box because he is changing to 12s...whats your point? I didn't see anywhere that said there was a problem with output. Maybe the guy wants a lot of low end...well thats not easily done in a single cab. Also the other boxes for sale are mob boxes and boxking was very happy with them. I was under the impression you were a **** to mob about it which is why he declined your refund. Especially since you tried to slander his name. There are different approaches you have gone with this.

Lakota
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
If those PWK boxes could get my truck louder than I can, then I would be amazed. For some reason, I doubt they can.

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
what does your truck meter at? im not saying he can but i do know he does design some very nice sounding loud street enclosures.

snfsh79077
06-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Pimp, you ought to put that in your sig banner, which reminds me of something else. I have seen countless members here with, "PM me I build boxes!!" in their sig and they really just need to take it out. I am no design/build guru, but just from my impression of some of these individuals, they really don't know what they're doing. I'm on my second box build, learned from the first, and I still have a whole lot more learning to do. But some of this **** is funny.

maybe you don't know what you doing but I know I do..

no the funny part is what he says in this thread after building the box. rite after the pics of the box he says......box turned out very well, and fits nicely, but we are not happy with the output of the 1510 t's, they are the new shorter mounting depth. We are running them off a vfl 100.1 and gain set accordingly, no clipping, but the subs just cant take it, and the output is not there...guess we were expectin more from all the hype. My 2 12" w3 off 400 watts in my trailblazer were louder

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400019

2 dd tens 1200-1500 watts in such a small cab!! how could you not have output?

the problem is the enclosure;)

Just because you have two 10s and that much power doesn't guarantee its going to be loud...maybe the 1510s are very picky subs and only like certain enclosures. When you take another sub and put it in that box and give me actual tests I wont rule out the design. Could it be just as simple as porting to the passenger instead of driver side? maybe but all the passenger port boxes have proved themselves.

iamamp3pimp
06-25-2009, 07:41 PM

I plan on it.

not trying to diss the competition but some of you motherfuckers dont have a clue what you are doing.

For clarity, i am not talking about Mobeous

iamamp3pimp
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
and just to prove it, I'll be doing a build soon with a pair of tens, and my goal is to burp in the 48's.

why not the 50's? because its a fairlt small trunk, and still a family car......meaning that there still needs to be room for a stroller/playpen/groceries/etc.

and 2 big amps and batteries and ETC....

burzendowski
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
exactly just because you have the equipment doesnt mean itll be loud you need a proper enclosure which i believe we do not have.

so what if i flip the box upside down and spin it so the sub is on the drivers side and the port is out the passenger for testing purposes . will that show its the enclosure? i may be able to get my hands on a entry level crossfire 10 to test it will fit the mounting depth of this enclosure. if it doent perform then is it the enclosure or will you say maybe its that sub too? no matter what sub is in this enclosure it should perform better than it is to a certain degree.

i have the sub in a .5 sealed enclosure temp box. it gets louder than mobs enclosure. mobs enclosure has no acoustic suspension the woofer unloads as it begins to produce bass. can you explain that?

Just because you have two 10s and that much power doesn't guarantee its going to be loud...maybe the 1510s are very picky subs and only like certain enclosures. When you take another sub and put it in that box and give me actual tests I wont rule out the design. Could it be just as simple as porting to the passenger instead of driver side? maybe but all the passenger port boxes have proved themselves.

da box king
06-25-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't think I'm gettin into this box convo, as I have not played with it enough.

as far as PWK designs...no way in hell will I pay for his services...I have heard just as many bad things about his designs as good

406er
06-25-2009, 11:05 PM
i think the new box will be a winner. and for those that say the port is on the top and it should still sound the same sure dont know too much about enclosure design! the old box was a sealed box with a huge leak, this one employs the port properly. i think mobious should pay out the $20 if this one is a winner

Lakota
06-26-2009, 12:25 AM
what does your truck meter at? im not saying he can but i do know he does design some very nice sounding loud street enclosures.

My new truck isn't done, but my old truck:
Mach 5 SPL 12 and 2 Sundown 3000's = 149+ @ headrest
Type R 15 = 151 @ headrest and 152+ kick panel

I think I'll get the new one louder.

Volenti
06-26-2009, 06:30 AM
air is like water in the fact that it takes the path of least resistance when it is being forced somewhere.

that area above the port will not be pressurized anywhere near as much as the air behind the sub/to the left of the sub.

Its not completely isolated, but partially so. the air goes around that "Area" above the port, straight to the port itself.

the air above the port is not being utilized to its full potential.....so now you have a condition where the port is too large for the air that is being utilized properly, and on top of that, it fires right into the sub which is no good anyway.

Hopefully that explains it just a little.....just remember that just about everything in enclosure design and tuning is mainly based on theory from ideas that people had many years ago.

You're confusing flow with pressure, just because the area above the port has a low flow, doesn't mean it isn't being pressurized.

Nature abhors a vacuum, areas of high pressure will flow to areas of low pressure given the chance, it is physically impossible, as in breaking the laws of physics, for the "dead space" above the port to be at a different pressure from the rest of the enclosure for more than 3 or 4 miliseconds (speed of sound 1130f/s).

In that time frame, only frequencies above 80 hz have a short enough wavelength to be effected, and even then, it's far more complicated than simply being dead space.

snfsh79077
06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
exactly just because you have the equipment doesnt mean itll be loud you need a proper enclosure which i believe we do not have.

so what if i flip the box upside down and spin it so the sub is on the drivers side and the port is out the passenger for testing purposes . will that show its the enclosure? i may be able to get my hands on a entry level crossfire 10 to test it will fit the mounting depth of this enclosure. if it doent perform then is it the enclosure or will you say maybe its that sub too? no matter what sub is in this enclosure it should perform better than it is to a certain degree.

i have the sub in a .5 sealed enclosure temp box. it gets louder than mobs enclosure. mobs enclosure has no acoustic suspension the woofer unloads as it begins to produce bass. can you explain that?

No I wouldn't blame it on that sub too, that would be the whole reason I suggested testing with another woofer :rolleyes:

I'm finished entertaining you so enjoy your new design.

I don't think I'm gettin into this box convo, as I have not played with it enough.

as far as PWK designs...no way in hell will I pay for his services...I have heard just as many bad things about his designs as good

thank you

burzendowski
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
im not trying to be an *** about it . seriously if another subwoofer performs ****** in mobs enclosure than would you say its the enclosure?

No I wouldn't blame it on that sub too, that would be the whole reason I suggested testing with another woofer :rolleyes:

I'm finished entertaining you so enjoy your new design.

thank you

burzendowski
06-26-2009, 12:52 PM
i guess i just dont understand where everyone thinks that 50 bucks is alot of money when we spend how many thousands on the equipment:confused:

im not a pwk nutt hugger but, i know i have had 3 of his designs and have been very pleased with all of them. the last was a single 12 off 2k trunk car daily box. it hit a 144.5 on the tl

the enclosures he has designed for me have been very loud and very musical.

why does everyone trash pwk? is it because of the cost??

iamamp3pimp
06-26-2009, 12:58 PM
i think they do it because of the price and the fact that he finds nifty names to call a regular ported box

I dont have any examples though

burzendowski
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
so good designs but price and fancy names make them trash lol:rolleyes::rolleyes:
i think they do it because of the price and the fact that he finds nifty names to call a regular ported box

I dont have any examples though

mazdakid
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes his prices are really high. You could have gotten that same design for probably $10 from someone on the board.

iamamp3pimp
06-26-2009, 04:56 PM
so good designs but price and fancy names make them trash lol:rolleyes::rolleyes:

did i say that>?

no i didn't...

burzendowski
06-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Not saying that you did just saying if that's the reason that's pretty lame
did i say that>?

no i didn't...

Nut Hair Trick
06-26-2009, 08:59 PM

Like I said, I'm no box Guru and I'm pretty new to building, but there are ****ers on here advertising that don't need to be. Can you agree with that? It's funny because, I figured all the posers would get offended and retaliate from what I posted. Congrats, you were the first one to take the bait. Now, I don't know you and have no clue of what you can or can not do. But you sure did get offended pretty quick.

snfsh79077
06-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Like I said, I'm no box Guru and I'm pretty new to building, but there are ****ers on here advertising that don't need to be. Can you agree with that? It's funny because, I figured all the posers would get offended and retaliate from what I posted. Congrats, you were the first one to take the bait. Now, I don't know you and have no clue of what you can or can not do. But you sure did get offended pretty quick.

I got "offensive" because it seemed like it was geared towards me since I was lending my 2 cents quiet a bit and happen to have something in my sig about designing and building boxes..thats why. Now I don't pay attention enough to see who all has advertising in their sigs about box building so I can't answer the question.

burzendowski
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
heres the new pwk enclosure. what a difference the enclosure made. the woofer still needs to be broke in more, but comparing the two enclosures this one wins hands down no competition. im going to add some trim ring of some sort to the front around the woofer for protection from the seat.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/IMG00240.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/IMG00242.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/burzendowski/IMG00243.jpg

Lakota
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
HMMM, nice speaker placement.

iamamp3pimp
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
exactly.

iamamp3pimp
06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
1/2 inch flush trim bit ftw (by the looks of it.)

Nut Hair Trick
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I got "offensive" because it seemed like it was geared towards me since I was lending my 2 cents quiet a bit and happen to have something in my sig about designing and building boxes..thats why. Now I don't pay attention enough to see who all has advertising in their sigs about box building so I can't answer the question.

No, it wasn't geared twords you at all, in fact, I didnt even notice that in your sig until you said something.
Nice looking box...burzendowski. I'm sure you'll be happy with it when that thing breaks in.

burzendowski
06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
im sure its doing so much better in this enclosure. i plan on making this box look better by adding a trim panel up front maybe a raised dd logo too then wrap it in carpet ? not sure yet.

burzendowski
06-29-2009, 06:41 PM
yes. its also texture coat black all the way the the lip now. looks much better
1/2 inch flush trim bit ftw (by the looks of it.)

burzendowski
06-29-2009, 08:15 PM
look what pete has to say about my previous design. and by the way he has no idea who designed it.

A job well done, indeed. And I'm glad that it's a significant improvement over the original design. (See what I meant by the under-tuned Voigt Pipe effect?) To answer your recent e-mail that I just now had a chance to glance over - yes - as the woofer breaks it, the enclosure performance is going to improve. All the T/S parameters that I use for DD woofers designs, I measure personally for each woofer after it has been properly broken in. (That, in and of itself is a wealth of knowledge.)

http://pwkdesigns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1691

snfsh79077
06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
No, it wasn't geared twords you at all, in fact, I didnt even notice that in your sig until you said something.
Nice looking box...burzendowski. I'm sure you'll be happy with it when that thing breaks in.

Then I retract my statement towards you.

406er
06-29-2009, 10:34 PM
glad it all worked out for ya